682 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

1. Country USC resides in: pakistan

2. Is there a USCIS field office in this country / Is DCF still possible? No

3. When did you file the I-130: NOA1 December /1 , 2014

4. How long had you been living abroad: 2 years

5. Do you reside in the country legally? Yes

6. What is the reason for your residence: work permit/student/tourist/other- , family based residence via husband

7. Did you list your foreign address on all forms in I-130 package? Yes

8. Did you send I-130 package from abroad? Yes

9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? Yes. joint bank account. visa copies tickets copies and affidavits from friends that our marriage is valid & ongoing

10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? Yes and we sent our child u.s passport copies birth abroad certificate copies

11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? Yes, 15 days at CSC

1. Country USC resides in: Lithuania
3. When did you file the I-130: November 27, 2014
4. How long had you been living abroad: on an off for 2 years
6. What is the reason for your residence: Being with spouse.
7. Did you list your foreign address on all forms in I-130 package? Yes. Also listed American address as a place we intend to live after visa gets approved.
9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? Not really, it was obvious from the pictures we included. We did not include the evidence of a joint bank account in a foreign country, but we included a copy of our American joint account.
10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? Yes, a letter describing our situation and plans.
11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? Yes, 11 days. Haven't received a hard copy though.

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

1. Country USC resides in: Turkey
3. When did you file the I-130: February 23rd, 2015
4. How long had you been living abroad:
3 years
6. What is the reason for your residence: Being with spouse and work.
7. Did you list your foreign address on all forms in I-130 package? Yes.
9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? Joint bank account,lease and CRBA of our son.
10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? Yes, describing how and where we met.
11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? Yes, 14 days.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1. Country USC resides in: Poland

3. When did you file the I-130: February 26, 2015

4. How long had you been living abroad: 9 years

9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? Joint bank account, tax return.

10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? Yes, just said please note, at present I legally reside in Poland with my wife.

11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? Yes, 27 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

1. Country USC resides in: Ukraine
3. When did you file the I-130: February 27 2015
4. How long had you been living abroad: Just traveling around for last 8 month
5. Do you reside in the country legally? On tourist visa
6. What is the reason for your residence: work permit/student/tourist/ N/A
8. Did you send I-130 package from abroad? Sent from USA, marked "Filed from abroad"
9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? No.
10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? Yes
11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? I think so, 54 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

1. Country USC resides in: Brazil

3. When did you file the I-130: March 23, 2015
4. How long had you been living abroad: 2 years
9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? Yes: phone bills, letters received in my husbands (USC) name here, health insurance in Brazil, friends affidavits (they mentioned about our life in Brazil).
10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? Yes.
11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? Yes! 27 days!

USCIS:

2015/3/23: I-130 Sent: (Let's start the waiting game!)

2015/3/25: NOA1 Sent by email, case routed to the USCIS California Service Center (hardcopy 2015/6/4)

2015/4/21: NOA2 (email; got hardcopy in 2015/5/6)

NVC:

2015/5/21: Got NVC case # and IIN

2015/5/29: Filled DS261 online

2015/6/1: Payed AOS fee online

2015/6/5: Sent AOS and IV packages

2015/6/8: DS261 reviewed over the phone

2015/6/8: Scan Date

2015/7/5: Payed IV fee online

2015/7/8: Filled DS260

2015/7/23: Checklist!!

2015/7/25: Checklist Scan Date

2015/8/18: NVC CC

2015/9/11: Interview Scheduled for October 8th (no letter yet, just called NVC!)

2015/10/1: Medical

2015/10/8: Interview - Approved!!!

2015/10/30: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm new to all this i have no idea how i can get expedited processing or speed processing. Anyone who could advise me on what i could do to to get our application to be processed quicker id be over the moon.

1. Country USC resides in: Jordan
2. Is there a USCIS field office in this country / Is DCF still possible? Yes
3. When did you file the I-130: March 2015
4. How long had you been living abroad: 10 years
6. What is the reason for your residence: work permit/student/tourist/other - Dual citizen
9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? I don't think so, but our marriage certificate does state the county we live in.
10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? No
11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? No, 47 days and still waiting for NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

1. Country USC resides in: Sweden

3. When did you file the I-130: Nov 12, 2014

4. How long had you been living abroad: 3 years

9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? Yes, Skatteverket Familjebevis (Swedish national tax registry form) and residence card photocopy

10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? Yes.

11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? 41 days, I would certainly say so.

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Timeline

1. Country USC resides in: United Kingdom

2. Is there a USCIS field office in this country / Is DCF still possible? Yes

3. When did you file the I-130: May 2013

4. How long had you been living abroad: 16 months (6 months is minimum for London)

6. What is the reason for your residence: work permit/student/tourist/ Work - Tier 2 Intra-company transfer (US company employed)

9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? No. Explicitly not required by London.

10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? No. Explicitly not required for London.

11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? No. 21 days.

Hi you answered yes to question 2. Did you submit your i=130 to USCIS or DCF?

Timeline

I think this particular case was done by DCF. The OP made a mistake and explained it somewhere further.

I see. I'm just trying to get as much info as possible. If i could just compare other members situation with mine i may get a better picture of average processing time for my case. I try not to spend too much time worrying about it and just letting it come to us, but at the same time i don't want to miss anything so that the process doesn't drag on longer than it needs to be. I just wish USCIS took less time :( I hate logging on to my account and seeing no status updates for such a long period of time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I hate logging on to my account and seeing no status updates for such a long period of time.

I hear you! I'm at 31 days and counting... I was hoping for something like 14 days which seems like the average reported by other members. I hate seeing no change in the case status after so many days - it makes me think something is wrong.

Although, don't lose hope yet...if you look at the most recent posts to this thread it looks as though the processing time has increased (i.e. 27, 54, 27 days...)

Good luck!

I hate logging on to my account and seeing no status updates for such a long period of time.

I hear you! I'm at 31 days and counting... I was hoping for something like 14 days which seems like the average reported by other members. I hate seeing no change in the case status after so many days - it makes me think something is wrong.

Although, don't lose hope yet...if you look at the most recent posts to this thread it looks as though the processing time has increased (i.e. 27, 54, 27 days...)

Good luck!

USCIS

03-26-2015 - I-130s sent (from abroad)

03-31-2015 - NOA1

05-01-2015 - RFE sent but we didn't receive mail at our address abroad

05-24-2015 - Baby and I returned to US

07-02-2015 - RFE response sent

07-10-2015 - NOA2

NVC

08-19-2015 - NVC received (6 weeks later)

08-26-2015 - DS-261

08-26-2015 - AOS bill paid

09-09-2015 - Requested expedite based on financial hardship

09-16-2015 - NVC received AOS and IV packets

09-21-2015 - Expedite request approved once cases documentarily complete

09-24-2015 - IV bill paid

09-29-2015 - NVC received updated joint sponsor I-864

10-04-2015 - Hubby's DS-260 finally finished

10-30-2015 - Checklist for stepdaughter (operator said it's probably false)

11-04-2015 - Case Complete for stepson!

11-06-2015 - Supervisor review for hubby and stepdaughter

11-09-2015 - Case Complete for stepdaughter!

11-30-2015 - Case Complete for husband! (24 days in supervisor review)

Consulate (Expedited)

12-03-2015 left NVC

12-30-2015 Interview letter received

01-13-2016 Medical completed

01-26-2016 Interview: APPROVED :dancing:

01-26-2016 CEAC Visa status: Ready

01-27-2016 CEAC Visa status: Administrative Processing

01-28-2016 CEAC Visa status: Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

1. Country USC resides in: Finland

3. When did you file the I-130: Oct 14, 2014

4. How long had you been living abroad: 7+ years

6. What is the reason for your residence: Work and family

9. Did you include evidence of your residence abroad in the I-130 package? Yes, an account statement, daycare bill and copies of children's CRBA certificates

10. Did you mention the fact you reside abroad in the cover letter or write a letter describing your current situation and the evolution of your relationship with your spouse (mentioning your residence abroad)? No

11. Has your case been "auto-expedited"? How long between NOA1 and NOA2? Not quite sure how many days, since we never received the NOA2, but it took about 1,5 months.

Edited by susan.

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Things appear to have slowed down DRASTICALLY at the california service center this year.

I've been living abroad two years, and very carefully managed the package details so everything pointed outside the country. Our case is up to 68 days and counting. I'll post back here with the full, properly formatting details when we finally get some movement.....

-=-=-=-=-=- OUR TIMELINE AND JOURNEY: -=-=-=-=-=-

03 / 2008 -- First visit to Venezuela, while visiting friends, I first met my future fiance
2008-2012 -
Six more visits to Venezuela and a proposal :)

04 / 2013 -- MARRIED IN VENEZUELA!! biggrin.png

05 / 2013 -- TR-FV visa issued to live in Venezuela for 1 year.

05 / 2014 -- TR-FV visa extension issued to continue living in Venezuela for 1 more year.

02 / 18 / 2015 -- I-130 paperwork handed to FedEx

02 / 25 / 2015 -- Received at Chicago LockBox

02 / 27 / 2015 -- NOA1 received. (California Service Center)

05 / 20 / 2015 -- NOA2 approval. (84 days).

-=-=-=-=-=- THE FUTURE: -=-=-=-=-=-

2017 - Wife goes back to school for 2 more years in the US so she can practice (Dentist)

Timeline

Things appear to have slowed down DRASTICALLY at the california service center this year.

I've been living abroad two years, and very carefully managed the package details so everything pointed outside the country. Our case is up to 68 days and counting. I'll post back here with the full, properly formatting details when we finally get some movement.....

I checked the processing time for the California service center.. For 1-130 NOA2 processing time is 5 months.

Edited by zeeeeeeek

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.