Palladin

Shout Out Loud Or It Will Get Much WORSE

164 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

dont get work up too much, otherwise the 5 months will be a long,long,long,long,long wait for you, as you know how the US works, even they do start to work on that now, it will be 2020 before they get anything done. :rofl:

K1 Journey

06-29-2010: Sent I-129F

06-30-2010: CSC receives package

07-07-2010: CSC NOA1 Dated.

07-08-2010: CSC Check cashed.

07-12-2010: Received Hard Copy of NOA1.

10-27-2010: Touched.(I hope it means they work on my case.)

11-16-2010: Touched.(Come on NOA2, Day 132, still waitting)

11-16-2010: NOA2 Dated.

11-22-2010: NVC DAted.

11-26-2010: NVC to Guang Zhou Consulate

12-17-2010: GZC issued the P3.

12-24-2010: GZC sent out the P3.

12-25-2010: We got the P3 from GZC.

12-25-2010: GZC Got the P3 from us.

01-28-2011: P4

02-11-2011: Medical.

02-14-2011: Paper Work intake and Fingers Print.

02-15-2011: Interview!!!

02-14-2011: US time, We got PINK, Best V-day gift ever.

03-02-2011: POE LAX.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
Why should they rip benefits from the suffering of their country fellows?

Nice letter. Although I would change "rip" in the sentence above to "reap."

event.png

[/url]

Filed: Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Thanks for sharing. I personally would tone it down a bit and try to be more diplomatic. It's just hard reading it without making weird faces throughout. Especially true since it's going to politicians not to X company's customer service manager.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We all need to do this and do it NOW!.

Two months from now, the USCIS Director (you know, the guy who claims there is no backlog) will appear before the House Appropriations Committee with his hat in his hand, looking for money. At that time, our Congress Members need to know the truth about this horrible monster and the lives he is ruining; otherwise he will tell them whatever lie he wants them to hear and have them eating out of his hand.

Palladin, with your permission I would like to revise the letter a bit, making it more forceful and the grammar a little cleaner. I will get to it tonight, as I am on my lunch break right now with limited time.

BTW for those of you who think you will have your NOA2 in less than two months, hence this does not apply to you, keep on dreaming. The Vermont Disservice Center is getting exponentially worse each week and will be at a year backlog by this summer if we don't stop this hideous creature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We all need to do this and do it NOW!.

Two months from now, the USCIS Director (you know, the guy who claims there is no backlog) will appear before the House Appropriations Committee with his hat in his hand, looking for money. At that time, our Congress Members need to know the truth about this horrible monster and the lives he is ruining; otherwise he will tell them whatever lie he wants them to hear and have them eating out of his hand.

Palladin, with your permission I would like to revise the letter a bit, making it more forceful and the grammar a little cleaner. I will get to it tonight, as I am on my lunch break right now with limited time.

BTW for those of you who think you will have your NOA2 in less than two months, hence this does not apply to you, keep on dreaming. The Vermont Disservice Center is getting exponentially worse each week and will be at a year backlog by this summer if we don't stop this hideous creature.

He won't get far, trust me on this. I've spoken to a family member who is pretty high up in State Department. He knows several members of the House Appropriations Comittee (Congressmen). Trust me when I say this: When the USCIS 'director' (and i use that term loosely) goes begging for more money this year in March, he will get his @$$ ripped so wide open, you can drive a train through it.

He won't be allowed to 'dodge' questions like he did last time either. Many representatives know about the problems going on and they will be doing what they can about it. If this administration (TPS issues were in place due to Hillary and Napolitano) wants to play politics with peoples lives, then I will play 'politics' as well and let the opposite side who controls the house now, deal with this fiasco that they, the current administration created (Note: K-1/CR/IR1 issues began in 2009, right about the time the current administration was sworn in).

Send this letter to as many congressmen and women as you can, they don't need to be in your state or your political party. The more that know the better. Being proactive in a contructive way, such as sending said letter, is how you get change, not sitting around 'hoping' for a NOA2 in X amount of months past the stated time.

Edited by Blob18

What I like about your letter is that you are asking for help for everyone, not just for yourself (in fact not for yourself at all). Kudos.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Thank you. That is great news.

Every member of the committee should get this letter, optimally from a constituent, but they should get it.

So why don't we all post here who our Congress Member is so we can make sure we have complete coverage. Mine is Steve Israel.

I will get to revising the letter tonight. Right now it is work time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have also been advocating that people write to their members of Congress expressing their dissatisfaction with the management of USCIS. My approach was a little different than yours but everyone pushing the same general direction is good. No matter my opinion, I'm afraid that complaining about the TPS/Haiti situation may not go over well since it is a humanitarian issue. But that's just my opinion. It seems better to me to focus on the lack of transparency and communication and just generally poor management. The difference between CA and VT seems like a very legitimate complaint since, assuming the figures others are mentioning are correct, us in the eastern part of the US are suffering more delays because of TPS processing when USCIS should be able to spread that workload around better.

My fee was $455. I haven't seen the justification for lowering the fee and I would actually support raising it with assurances that it would help expedite the process. With such slow processing the last thing they need is a lower fee.

Filed: Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I have also been advocating that people write to their members of Congress expressing their dissatisfaction with the management of USCIS. My approach was a little different than yours but everyone pushing the same general direction is good. No matter my opinion, I'm afraid that complaining about the TPS/Haiti situation may not go over well since it is a humanitarian issue. But that's just my opinion. It seems better to me to focus on the lack of transparency and communication and just generally poor management. The difference between CA and VT seems like a very legitimate complaint since, assuming the figures others are mentioning are correct, us in the eastern part of the US are suffering more delays because of TPS processing when USCIS should be able to spread that workload around better.

My fee was $455. I haven't seen the justification for lowering the fee and I would actually support raising it with assurances that it would help expedite the process. With such slow processing the last thing they need is a lower fee.

I also had my reservations about that lowered fee... I wouldn't have minded paying up more for better service and standards. Every other fee went up except this one -were they anticipating huge delays that the best way to handle it was a lower fee? Hmmm.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My representative, Mike Pence just received this. Mine is not as strong as others, but it gets the point across and yes...I have statistical analysis background so what is said here is accurate based on data I have reviewed. While I am not sure if it will help me as I am likely to be at the CSC, I will not stay silent while others suffer what I would not want to endure myself. I hope this helps everyone!

RE: USCIS and K1 Visa Processing Times

I am writing today over growing concern for the processingtime of USCIS for fiancée visas. I think there has been some dis-informationgiven to several committees about the processing time and statistics in aneffort for certain people to keep their job. As a person that is now engaged to a foreign national and has anapplication into the USCIS, I am very concerned.

After doing some analysis on the current data and trends(this is one of my jobs as a software developer and former data analyst forinsurance company), what last year was taking 3 months to adjudicate for K1through USCIS is now exceed 5 months and in many cases approaching 7-8months. The current exponential trendsindicate by this summer, there will likely be cases backlogged for fiancéevisas for well over 10 months not as just an exception, but the average personwill likely be waiting that long. Thisis way unacceptable since the K1 visa has many more restrictions on it thanothers visas and actually is not even classified as an immigration visa. US citizens should not be held in limbo withtheir loved ones overseas waiting to know if they can come over and get marriedwhile the congress is lied to and no plan of act is put into place.

All I can say is if an insurance application took 8 monthsto be approved or claims to be adjudicated, congress would be going after themas well as the courts (IE. Health care reform). Why are they not fixing the USCIS, a part of our own government andmaking it work for the people, the US citizens that the government is supposedto work for?

James and Oksana

event.png

Traveled to Novosibirsk, Russia (thats in Siberia) over holidays

Engaged on ----------------- New Years

Send I-129F package ---- 1/15/2011

Package Received -------- 1/18/2011 10:13 AM signed for by J BRADSHAW

NOA1---------------------------1/20/2011

E-Notification of NOA1---- 1/24/2011 1:09 AM & check cashed, sent to CSC

Hard Copy NOA1------------1/27/2011

Surprise Visit Fiancée-----4/12/2011 - 4/18/2011 (see picture as she was shocked!)

NOA2---------------------------5/11/2011

Birthday Visit------------------5/18/2011 - 5/25/2011

VISA APPROVED!!!----------7/13/2011

Timeline

Well stated and I can understand the frustration, but I don't believe the 'crusade' will work. There is a lot more involvd than you guys seem to think.

Sorry, but the 'crusade' attitude is just wearing on me. I'd prefer to just be patient. But that's just me.

Can you tell us what is involved? I promise not to tell you that you are wrong; I just want to know what you know that the rest of us are missing.

It is great that you can remain calm and patient, but as you can see, there are others here who, like me, cannot sit idly while our vital interests are being walked all over by an uncaring and unfeeling bureaucracy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.