nyankee

How to report person who got greencard then citizenship with false documents?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Well, this person I know Got a fake birth certificate from the dominican republic, and used it to file for a greencard when he married a US Citizen. It has been more than 10 years since he got it, but showed me his US ID, which does not match his real birth certificate. He got his middle name taken out and change his date of birth, because his student visa had expired or something. He played my family bad when we hired him and stole from us, now I want to return the favor.

I was planning on going to his country and getting a notarized letter saying that the name that was used to get his green card does not exist, because it was made modified and will not show up on the system in his country, and then get another notarized letter with the real name and date-birth which has his middle name and real date of birth. I could also try to get a photo id along with that letter. Anyway, what is the ebst way to do this? He already told me what he did to get his citienship, before he stole from us so I have an idea on what to do. What else should I get? and where is the best place to report him?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Why don't you just report the person to the police if he stole from you?

Is the other plan really worth the efforts?i'm not even sure if you could succeed.

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Why would he change his name and birth date because of an expired student visa? He still could have gotten married and adjusted status while still in the country.

Unfortunately USCIS do not seem to take "wanting revenge" from a possibly vindictive ex-employer very seriously.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The information is at the bottom of the page.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

"Return not evil for evil. Vengeance is mine, I shall repay. Thus sayeth the Lord."

Just sayin'.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Other Timeline

If this person got residency and then US citizenship through means of fraud, you will need PROOF before you send out a formal report to ICE.

Look at it this way: if you have a knife and a bear attacks you, you better make sure that you hit his heart the first time. If you fail, the bear will get up and really hurt you.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The fact is that if a person has reason to suspect that another person has committed immigration fraud, then they should report that and let USCIS investigate.

If it turns out you are wrong, then no harm done

You cannot be sued or prosecuted for making a report which you believed might have substance. You can only get into trouble for making a report that you knew was false.

They should be reported to the USCIS whether they stole from you or not. It is our duty to report these things and we don't need a reason other than that.

You don't need proof and you don't need motive - it's your duty to report once you have reason to be suspicious of such a thing.

It's up to authorities to investigate and gather the facts and decide whether there is substance to the suspicions.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

That's heart warming!

If somebody were to report me for immigration fraud, and Police and ICE enter my house with a warrant, leave a mess, and once I'm cleared of the charges find out which son of a gun did this to me, I wouldn't be surprised if some morning he'd find his car covered in paint stripper, the engine drained of all engine oil.

Since I wouldn't want something like this happening to me, I would not report anybody based on my belief; I would wait until I have proof.

That said, I admire people who disregard their own safety and the safety of their loved ones and just do what's right. Or even wrong.

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

That's heart warming!

If somebody were to report me for immigration fraud, and Police and ICE enter my house with a warrant, leave a mess, and once I'm cleared of the charges find out which son of a gun did this to me, I wouldn't be surprised if some morning he'd find his car covered in paint stripper, the engine drained of all engine oil.

Since I wouldn't want something like this happening to me, I would not report anybody based on my belief; I would wait until I have proof.

That said, I admire people who disregard their own safety and the safety of their loved ones and just do what's right. Or even wrong.

Vandalizing someone's car is criminal and people who do it deserve to be jailed. I would expect Al Capone to do that to witnesses but we should respect the law. In the criminal fraternity, it is 'not done' to tell the Police about anything. In the honest citizen fraternity it is seen as our duty to report criminal matters. We choose which we are.

We should report suspicious activity - it is up to law enforcement to obtain proof. The idea of flying to South America on our own to obtain written proof just isn't required. If we hear of someone bragging about cheating the USCIS then that's plenty enough to report it and plenty enough for the USCIS to investigate it.

Having a car vandalized by someone as the price for being a good citizen is a risk we must take. If we stay quiet then we deserve the society which results.

A society full of USCIS cheats and car vandals.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Vandalizing someone's car is criminal and people who do it deserve to be jailed. I would expect Al Capone to do that to witnesses but we should respect the law. In the criminal fraternity, it is 'not done' to tell the Police about anything. In the honest citizen fraternity it is seen as our duty to report criminal matters. We choose which we are.

We should report suspicious activity - it is up to law enforcement to obtain proof. The idea of flying to South America on our own to obtain written proof just isn't required. If we hear of someone bragging about cheating the USCIS then that's plenty enough to report it and plenty enough for the USCIS to investigate it.

Having a car vandalized by someone as the price for being a good citizen is a risk we must take. If we stay quiet then we deserve the society which results.

A society full of USCIS cheats and car vandals.

Unfortunately/fortunately, evidence is required. You can report your suspicions but without at least ONE piece of evidence they will not bother the investigate it. Basically it's to stop people reporting people out of spite... just like I can't report someone for speeding and they get charged just on my word. I can report dangerous driving but unless officers see it, again, can't get charged just based on my word.

Why would USCIS waste their time investigating something without at least a little bit of evidence? I wouldn't fly to the other country but I would probably write his "new" name and his old name down and any other information you have. I wouldn't tell them you're reporting him because of theft (that I would report to police). Whether the investigate it or not, it's unlikely you'll ever find out honestly. But if he DOES get found out, then I suppose you got your "revenge"... I don't really agree with revenge though, you SHOULD be doing it because illegal activity is wrong and because you're doing the right thing.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Well, this person I know Got a fake birth certificate from the dominican republic, and used it to file for a greencard when he married a US Citizen. It has been more than 10 years since he got it, but showed me his US ID, which does not match his real birth certificate. He got his middle name taken out and change his date of birth, because his student visa had expired or something. He played my family bad when we hired him and stole from us, now I want to return the favor.

I was planning on going to his country and getting a notarized letter saying that the name that was used to get his green card does not exist, because it was made modified and will not show up on the system in his country, and then get another notarized letter with the real name and date-birth which has his middle name and real date of birth. I could also try to get a photo id along with that letter. Anyway, what is the ebst way to do this? He already told me what he did to get his citienship, before he stole from us so I have an idea on what to do. What else should I get? and where is the best place to report him?

Be 100% sure that you know that the information you provide here is absolutely correct. Immigration fraud shouldn't be taken lightly. It's a serious crime and because of those people doing it, the future immigration of serious people gets more complicated. I agree with the fact that you try to report him, I don't agree with the motivation. It would have been much better when you would have acted BEFORE the guy stole from you, not after. Read this article, it might help you.

Edited by CVB

Naturalization Journey

7/16/2010 N400 sent to Texas Lockbox

7/20/2010 Delivery Notification N400 Package

7/28/2010 Check Cashed

7/29/2010 NOA received per mail / Notice date = 7/26/2010

8/09/2010 NOA received per mail / FP / Notice date = 8/05/2010

9/03/2010 Fingerprints

9/27/2010 Yellow letter received per mail / Notice date = 9/23/2010

10/21/2010 Case touched and file send to local office

10/29/2010 NOA2 interview received per mail / FP / Notice date = 10/22/2010

11/23/2010 Citizenship Interview - APPROVED

11/23/2010 Oath Ceremony in Newark, NJ - U.S. CITIZEN

11/24/2010 Received my passport

11/24/2010 Took care of my SSC and Driver's License

Timeline

Be 100% sure that you know that the information you provide here is absolutely correct. Immigration fraud shouldn't be taken lightly. It's a serious crime and because of those people doing it, the future immigration of serious people gets more complicated. I agree with the fact that you try to report him, I don't agree with the motivation. It would have been much better when you would have acted BEFORE the guy stole from you, not after. Read this article, it might help you.

The article is a bit - ok a lot - impractical when it says 'get the green card holders GC number'. If we know someone and they tell us how they did a fraud and how they forged a false name etc then that is enough suspicion. If we reported that and just say exactly what we heard then ICE will take it from there.

We are not investigators. So long as we say exactly what we heard then we cannot get in trouble even if the subject turns out to be legitimate. Only people who manufacture false stories maliciously in order to get someone investigated are doing something wrong.

Even having an incidental reason to report the person does not make it malicious if the reported facts are actually what happened or what was heard.

Here in Central Washington, it is thought that a huge proportion of the local workers are illegal (apple picking)

I read in the local paper that workers offer a number of names and driver's licenses and GC's and SS numbers - and the employers just submit one after another of these identities until the Government accepts it.

The employer will call the worker in and say it's rejected - the employee then says try this name etc and the employers are complicit. The gov must be aware but apparently the crop picking would be impossible with out these armies of illegals and so the gov goes along with it

It is so 'normal' that a guy went for his naturalization interview in Yakima and took his illegal wife along with him to the interview ! They simply asked them to leave the office.

I am convinced the government don't care as it would be so easy to round them up. They have mass protest marches with thousands of illegals taking part. Nobody cares because the economy would suffer from lack of fruit pickers..

When my buddies hear my visa journey they say why didnt you just walk in ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

What I don't understand is that how can he have two documents with different date of birth? I might be wrong with my thinking but I believe the USCIS requires a birth certificate to give you green card. In the meantime if you want a US state ID you need to show at least a couple of official documents (including birth certificate, green card, SSC). But if these have the wrong date of birth (intentionally or unintentionally) this date would go onto the ID as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.