Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Tanveer_Kapoor

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Member # 430552
  • Location Edmonton, AB, Canada

Profile Information

  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
  • Place benefits filed at
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hello, I have traveled from Canada to Usa on Indian passport with USA tourist visa and while being in USA, I got my Canadian citizenship oath taken and have to apply for Canadian passport which I will be getting soon in USA. the question is how can I update my i94 with the new passport once I receive my Canadian passport while not leaving the country? I know I can go back to Canada and come back to USA on Canadian passport that will update my I94 at the port of entry. I am looking for option if I can do it while am in Country. Once I have Canadian passport issued, I will have to surrender my Indian Passport/Citizenship so if I will be flying back how the USA gov will know that I have entered on Indian passport and leaving the country on Canadian passport if I have to leave the country to update I94. Thank you in advance.
  2. @designguy First we never enter USA with dual intend. We were just visiting USA. We found an oppurtunity so we thought to have a second opinion from other experts if its posible or not. I have posted the post just to know if somthing like what the company is promissing us is possible or not. I will appreciate if you stick to the question and stop judging our intention. @Cathi I am sure there must be a candide how can fill my place but from last 3 years the company have hired people and they have left the company or fired them because not performing up to the companies requirement. I will be meeting with the company lawyers soon next week, will have more details on it, but before going meeting the lawyers I like to do my home work. @Boiler TN is quicker and budget friendly, but again I will be sailing in same boat with not having dueal intent visa. I would like to take thes oppurtunity and get my self settle down lawfully in USA. People have been saying sponsoring by employer is very expencive roughly how much costaly it can be?
  3. @Cathi It's a managment and HR job with having technical knowledge of fixing cell phones, computers and other electronics. Company is uBreakiFix have to manage stores, hire peoples for new/existing locations and train them for 50+ stores in texas. @mam521 I have not worked for the company I was visiting USA and found an opportunity. So I guess L visa we will not be qualified. EB Greencard are not DIY but company is trying to find a perfect qualified candided but they were not able to do so till they found me. @PaulaCJohnny I did't know that TN visa is non immigrant visa. Thank you for letting me know. My profession comes on NAFTA list. Not trying to do and shortcutes just need to know if somthing what is promissed to me is possible or not. If I have to try short cutes I know some other ways but lets stick to the topic. @designguy Going back to canada and coming back to states is not a problem as canadian do not need visa to visit USA. But till I have knowledge, when you have filed for status adjustment before your stay expire you will not be consider over stayed in USA till the decision is made ( Correct me if I am wrong) @Bajinga Field I will be in managing stores, HR and training (new hire people if they dont know how fix phones and comuters innitally). I have HR experience of 8 years in canadan for bestbuy Geeksquad, as a geeksquad agent I do have very good knowledge of cellphone and computers repair. Thank you for all your replies.
  4. What if we do TN visa for canadian citizen and TD visa for dependent indian citizen and then apply for the employment base GC will that be a good idea or just file employment based GC directly for canadian citizen and as weare married my husband will get it too once I get the GC
  5. @Chancy Thank you for the reply. We have not filed I-140 yet. We just came to USA to find out if somthing like these is possible. @Mike E Thank you for the reply. Company do have very good experience lawyer. I juat want to have few more opinions on it if its possible to do or not. @PaulaCJohnny Thank you for the reply.
  6. Hello, We found a some one who is willing to file our GC through employment in USA inland. We are on visit visa as on in USA. I am born canadian citizen and my husband is born indian citizen holding canadian PR. My question is if some one can guide us how we can file our GC? I don't want me or my husband to get over stayed in USA. Till I have research online I have found I am eligible for GC application if everything went smooth, I will get GC within a year. Will my husband will get the GC too with me or I have to sponcer him after I get my GC? Thank You.
  7. (i94 shows Admit until 03-31-2015) (i797C I-539 received 03-19-2015) (I-797A Receipt date 03-23-2015 Notice date 12-042015Valid from 12-12-2015) (Will my duration will consider as overstayed? till I got my F1 Approval)
  8. Any tips on re entering US on tourist visa? Should I travel throw road or fly (which make easy immigration)? Driving by road with my wife and in laws (all Canadian citizen excluding me) or just fly with my wife and me? Wedding destination is Houston Texas.
  9. It was status Extension/change/adjustment inland. Visa was not stamped on the passport. I797A Notice of action of approved F1 status got it from my lawyer.
  10. Hello, I have enter USA on tourist visa (B1\B2) in 2014 (Valid till 2024) and did status change to student visa (F1) got approved (No stamp on passport) inland I was in USA till 2018 on Student visa (F1). Then I moved to Canada (in 2018) got married to Canadian citizen. Currently having Indian citizenship and Canadian PR. The question is these November 2022 my wife's cousin getting married in USA and they have invited us for wedding can I still re enter USA on tourist visa (B1\B2 as its valid till 2024) or I need to re apply for new tourist visa because of change of status inland to student (F1) and not having stamp on passport before leaving USA? If yes tourist visa (B1\B2) stamped on passport still valid, Speaking practically will the immigration officer will let me enter the USA or not as I previously enter USA on same status (B2) and change of mind to student (F1) he/she can deport me and bard me from re entering? (I will have my wife (Canadian citizen) traveling with me and will have return ticket for both of us) Thank you.
  • Create New...