CzechMate

Question: saying no at the airport possible?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I have a developing situation here. My ex-wife having somehow found out that our K-1 was approved has managed to fabricate enough of a story to get an ex-parte order of protection. As I found out today flying in from Prague, it shows up in an IBIS check.

I know its bogus, the family court knows its bogus, everybody knows its bogus. Unfortunately, because of the laws in New York she can get one and I have to go to court to refute it.

So for the time being anytime I pass through passport control, they will take me to that little room in the back and ask me questions.

Today was cool, we had donuts and coffee and I was in and out in about 15 mintues but still

SO NOW FOR MY QUESTION: Can this have any bearing on my honey getting through the POE?

Im really worried that she will get here on Sept 12th and they will turn her and her son around and send them back. Do/Can they turn people on K-1 away?

CM

Timeline

Anyone? I know its not nice to think about but it is something that Im forced to worry about. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

CM

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Best thing I can suggest is get a lawyer to start fighting the claim, which would give proof to immigration that you are disputing it (paper trail et all) and perhaps have a consultation with an immigration lawyer to see if there are any forms or evidence that can be forwarded to your fiancee or submitted to USCIS to be included in your petition, should she get questioned at port of entry.

That's where I would start if it were me.

2005 August 27th Happily Married

I feel for your situation and sorry that you are experiencing this. I think previous responder missed the "ex" in the ex-wife. My personal opinion is that this shouldn't bear on your fiancee and her son getting into the country as long as everything else is in order. They already received approval and nothing for them has changed. In the meantime you should probably do everything you can to defend yourself against the bogus actions brought against you by your ex. Make sure you are on record as disputing it and put forth as much fact as possible. That would be my best advice.

Good luck with everything.

WEDDING DAY 05-07-05

RECVD CARD IN MAIL 09-17-05

GAVIN STARTS WORKING 09-19-05

RECVD AOS INTERVIEW LETTER 10-28-05

INTERVIEW IN BOSTON 12-12-05

INTERVIEW SUCCESS & STAMP IN PASSPORT 12-12-05

GREEN CARD RECVD IN MAIL 12-19-05

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS I-751 11-05-07

CHECK CASHED 11-13-07

NOA1 for I-751 11-15-07

APPROVAL FOR I-751 10-06-08

(FOR ANY ADDL INFO SEE MY TIMELINE)

What a stupid waste of time and energy. Why can't people just let the past go and let others live their life :angry:

I hope you are able to resolve this ####### and get it behind you :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
What a stupid waste of time and energy. Why can't people just let the past go and let others live their life :angry:

I hope you are able to resolve this ####### and get it behind you :thumbs:

Here here. I agree 100% with that statement... My SO has been divorced for 15 years now... That is exactly the kind of sh*t his ex would try and pull too. Grr.

There are far too many bitter people in this world.

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

i do not think it will hanve any issue with her at the POE..but, she will need to go through aos..and you can be certain it will be focused on by the officer at the interview....they ask me as many questions as sanita...and i ahve no history of any problems

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

Thanks folks. Here is a little bit of an update....

I have an attorney fighting the Protection Order. She said the same as many of you, that it shouldnt affect my fiancees and her son's entry at all. She also happens to be on the Federal Bar so she said if anything happens at the POE to give her a call ASAP right from the USINS desk. Apparently shes well versed in federal immigration law too. A definite bonus but not surprising considering the number of immigrants here in Central New York. To add a big twist to this, my attorney is the daughter of the judge that issued the order.

So far my attorney cant figure out how my ex was even able to get the protection order in the first place. Of the 3 claims she made, 2 were as written in her claim as being more than a year old and never happened and the third while recent like the week before I left to go to Prague for my fiancee's interview, it too was completely fabricated. And whats more, it was done completely ex-parte, as in without them calling me into court on that day (I live 3 blocks from the court house). Its pretty obvious to everyone here, the court, the local police and of course my attorney that she is just doing this to try and create problems.

Anyhow, my SO will be here mid to late Sept. I can deal with the AOS interviewer, peice of cake. Our engagement and marriage are 100% legit and me and my honey talk about everything with no secrets so we've never worried much about interviews. Besides, Im pretty sure this whole court thing will get thrown out quickly, just not before my honey flys in. The POE remains my big concern but a little less so now. Thank you to everyone who has replied so far.

CM

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Glad to see I wasn't the only one taken to the room to find out it was because of a DVO baby's daddy had against me,.......I was really scared when it happened.

I don't see how it could affect your SO the Order is against you not her. I should not even show up when they check her.....but just to be safe

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good luck. You should be fine!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

Well another update....

The court date to resolve the Protection order is tomorrow. As Ive been told, the three things that could happen tomorrow are: My ex can withdraw it, the court can dismiss it or we go to a small trial. As attractive as the first two are, Im kind of leaning toward the trial even though it will drag this out more. A trial is the only way that I can put a stop to this once and for all. Some history that I may have left out, shes done this before whenever she cant manipulate me any other way. A little fact that the court has also realized.....

So depending on how things go tomorrow, I may not have to worry at all about coming through the POE with my honey.

Once again thank you all for the comments and support. My sincere apologies for the drama.

CM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.