1,145 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

And you thought that we'd forgotten our Wednesday Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================================

THE BLONDE GAMBLER

A blonde approached a soda machine outside a local store.  After she inserted 75 cents and pushed a button, a root beer popped out of the machine.  She set it on the ground, put 75 more cents into the machine, and pushed another button.  A Coke came out of the machine.

She continued to do this until a man waiting to use the machine became impatient.

"Excuse me!" he said.  "Can I get my soda, and then you go back to whatever stupid thing you're doing?"

The blonde turned around and said, "Yeah, right!  I'm not giving up this machine while I'm still winning!"

:P 

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 minute ago, Reto said:

I apply on july 2021 , 4 prima F and a work permit base on i485.  I think we are next for an approval 🙏🏻🙏🏻

I'm hopeful, I applied may 2021… anxiety and also because I don't want my combo card to expire, still waiting on the renewal hopefully it won't even be needed if the GC comes through faster 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

@Sandra G. OP already admitted it was not a bonafide marriage. She asked abuser to marry her so she could overstay. 

WOW I must have missed this part.  A fraudster can be sentenced to five years in prison and fined $250,000.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sandra G. said:

WOW I must have missed this part.  A fraudster can be sentenced to five years in prison and fined $250,000.

On 11/13/2023 at 4:59 PM,  elephantsrocksaid: 

Well that's difficult and expensive 🥲 but thank you. 

My ex has evidence of me trying to ask for a legalmarriage before wedding, so I could overstay

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 minutes ago, elephantsrock said:

It’s just a reason why we rushed it

Please elaborate.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, elephantsrock said:

It’s just a reason why we rushed it

We don't know the whole story, but if you are asking someone to get married so that you can overstay it sounds like the marriage is not bonafide. Have your husband ever applied for marriage based greencard for you if yes what poof he submitted for bonafide marriage and on what grounds he is asking for annulment.  Then you say you family gave you suggestion about VAWA apparently which wasn’t smart.  This all sound like its all for Greencard.  If you cant prove your marriage a bonafide one your case is dead. Moreover If judge grant the annulment, you don't even have a ground for VAWA. So only if you tell the whole story people will be able to help you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
18 hours ago, Reto said:

I apply on july 2021 , 4 prima F and a work permit base on i485.  I think we are next for an approval 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Don’t lose faith, you are very very close. I also had 4 PF no RFE for my I-360. I applied sept 2020 and got approved March 2023. You are almost there!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Priya25 said:

We don't know the whole story, but if you are asking someone to get married so that you can overstay it sounds like the marriage is not bonafide. Have your husband ever applied for marriage based greencard for you if yes what poof he submitted for bonafide marriage and on what grounds he is asking for annulment.  Then you say you family gave you suggestion about VAWA apparently which wasn’t smart.  This all sound like its all for Greencard.  If you cant prove your marriage a bonafide one your case is dead. Moreover If judge grant the annulment, you don't even have a ground for VAWA. So only if you tell the whole story people will be able to help you.

I agree with Priya. VAWA is a very time consuming, emotionally triggering process for those of us, who have suffered abuse. You will have to prove that your marriage was bonafide, which includes describing how your relationship progressed, from how You met to when you got married. You will have to write a personal statement, documenting the abuse and your relationship, including evidence. A letter from one therapist is not going to make your case. If you are honest about your situation, then we can help you, as Priya stated. It is not an “option” if your marriage doesn’t work out, based on other reasons. 

1 minute ago, pumpkincreamcb said:

I agree with Priya. VAWA is a very time consuming, emotionally triggering process for those of us, who have suffered abuse. You will have to prove that your marriage was bonafide, which includes describing how your relationship progressed, from how You met to when you got married. You will have to write a personal statement, documenting the abuse and your relationship, including evidence. A letter from one therapist is not going to make your case. If you are honest about your situation, then we can help you, as Priya stated. It is not an “option” if your marriage doesn’t work out, based on other reasons. 

You are right! On TIKTOK all i see is lawyers stating that even if you spouse cheated you can get vawa without any abuse .  They are sending applications without any evidence and thats how vawa gets us wait 3 years. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.