1,122 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, pumpkincreamcb said:

Hi everyone, Newbie here..

Can anyone help me with figuring out, whether I am within the processing time of my VAWA case or not?

filed I-360: Sept 2020

Approved: March 2023

RFIE medical I-485 from NBC Lee’s Summit director April 2023

RFIE Response received June 2023

my lawyer Says that there is no way to get an update on my I-485 and has no idea where it might be.. that doesn’t sit well with me. Can anyone enlighten me as to how much longer, or what to expect next? I just want to visit home.. it’s been 11 years.

Thank you 

Contact your congressman, they should help you get an update of you application. 

3 hours ago, pumpkincreamcb said:

Can anyone help me with figuring out, whether I am within the processing time of my VAWA case or not?

my lawyer Says that there is no way to get an update on my I-485 and has no idea where it might be.. that doesn’t sit well with me. Can anyone enlighten me as to how much longer, or what to expect next? I just want to visit home.. it’s been 11 years.

Thank you 

I have a similar time-line; I contacted my congressional Liaison office and got an update.

12 hours ago, pumpkincreamcb said:

Thank you 

What's your field office? Check the processing time of your field office.

Also make info pass appointment to find out the status of your i-485. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
11 hours ago, Gratefulone said:

I have a similar time-line; I contacted my congressional Liaison office and got an update.

Thank you very much for your reply 🙏🏽I guess that I will do that, since my lawyer doesn’t seem interested in helping me. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, balo101 said:

What's your field office? Check the processing time of your field office.

Also make info pass appointment to find out the status of your i-485. 

My RFE medical was sent to the NBC. Customer service says that they can’t access any info on my case, so they don’t know where my application is. My lawyer told me to “try and call customer service to find out” so annoying. My FO would be Fort Myers, but I don’t even know where my application is. 

13 hours ago, Reto said:

Contact your congressman, they should help you get an update of you application. 

Thank you for your response 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/13/2023 at 5:51 PM, elephantsrock said:

Sandra said she's helped fight for cases of even shorter marriages - why were those any different?

She said she helped get a spouse get VAWA after 6 days of marriage! 

My client entered into marriage in good faith ande he was abused. His marriage  lasted 6 days.If you got married in good faith and you were abused then you should not have a problem.

My RFE medical was sent to the NBC. Customer service says that they can’t access any info on my case, so they don’t know where my application is. My lawyer told me to “try and call customer service to find out” so annoying. My FO would be Fort Myers, but I don’t even know where my application is. 

Thank you for your response 

make the infopass appointment. Calling customer service is waste of time. You will not get anything out of it. You need to go to your field office to get the update. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, balo101 said:

make the infopass appointment. Calling customer service is waste of time. You will not get anything out of it. You need to go to your field office to get the update. 

should I make the infopass appointment, without knowing if NBC sent my application to my field office? Will I get any info? Thanks again! I appreciate the help. 

should I make the infopass appointment, without knowing if NBC sent my application to my field office? Will I get any info? Thanks again! I appreciate the help. 

Once you go to your filed office they will be able to tell you where is your file. I think your file is at your filed office. That's my guess.

Yes they should be able to give you an appointment. I made 3 appointments for my i-485 when it was pending. 

27 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Once you go to your filed office they will be able to tell you where is your file. I think your file is at your filed office. That's my guess.

Yes they should be able to give you an appointment. I made 3 appointments for my i-485 when it was pending. 

Hi, please do they reach out via email after an appointment has been made? Here’s what I got for mine:

USCIS will review and process the request.

Expect a reply by November 22, 2023

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sandra G. said:

My client entered into marriage in good faith ande he was abused. His marriage  lasted 6 days.If you got married in good faith and you were abused then you should not have a problem.

@Sandra G. OP already admitted it was not a bonafide marriage. She asked abuser to marry her so she could overstay. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

12 minutes ago, BollyB1 said:

Hi, please do they reach out via email after an appointment has been made? Here’s what I got for mine:

USCIS will review and process the request.

Expect a reply by November 22, 2023

Once you make the appointment. They will send you a confirmation email. What exactly did you receive from them? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.