1,198 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2023 at 11:19 AM, balo101 said:

Why don't you reach out to your judge's clerk to find out from him/her if they have received the motion from your attorney? If they did receive then how long it would take take for judge to dismiss. 

Thank you again I did call th court and they said they received on 15th November a motion to re schedule . 🙏

6 hours ago, balo101 said:

That's good. Did you ask them how long judge will take to dismiss? 

Unfortunately, when I hang up , I was thinking that why I didn’t ask ; as I said before , I didn’t even know I had  that opportunity to ask . Thank you letting me know , later if long time no voice from them then  I’ll contact them again for sure 🙏 do you know any idea about processing time? But actually my attorney was telling me 2 months ago she has two clients hearing on January and she wants me put in this month hearing with these clients but I don’t know how judge will decide. Think about it when I contacted them I said that please send my motion , it was 2 months ago they just sent it a week ago why because I was always emailing them to do it . They called me 2 months ago about their mistake and they didn’t make any action even they admitted . 

Edited by Hope21

7 hours ago, Hope21 said:

Unfortunately, when I hang up , I was thinking that why I didn’t ask ; as I said before , I didn’t even know I had  that opportunity to ask . Thank you letting me know , later if long time no voice from them then  I’ll contact them again for sure 🙏 do you know any idea about processing time? But actually my attorney was telling me 2 months ago she has two clients hearing on January and she wants me put in this month hearing with these clients but I don’t know how judge will decide. Think about it when I contacted them I said that please send my motion , it was 2 months ago they just sent it a week ago why because I was always emailing them to do it . They called me 2 months ago about their mistake and they didn’t make any action even they admitted . 

I am not sure in which state you are. In NY it is taking almost a month for a judge to dismiss. I would say reach out to them by Dec 15. you should hear anything by then. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday and therefore time for our long-awaited (well, since Wednesday and then the Thanksgiving jokes) Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================================

FROM FORTUNE COOKIES AT CHINESE RESTAURANTS

About time I got out of that cookie!

You will marry a professional athlete -- if competitive eating can be considered a sport.

I cannot help you, for I am just a cookie.

(1) A new romance is in the future.

(2) Ignore previous cookie.

Avoid taking unnecessary gambles.  Lucky Numbers 12, 14, 17, 20, 28, 36.

You are not illiterate.

I see money in your future... it is not yours, though.

Pigeon poop burns the retina for 13 hours.  You will learn this the hard way.

Your fortune:  You need to make a donation.  Give it to the chef.

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn.

Pass the bill to the person at your left.

We don't know the future, but you just got a free cookie!

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi everyone, I hope all is well is you all. 
So, I took the advice of some of you to make an infopass appt, to inquire about the status of my I-485..well, they say that they don’t have it and it’s still with the NBC. What in the world should my next step be? I really would have liked to go home this Christmas, it’s been 9 years .. I’m so sad. It feels like this is never going to happen. My lawyer says that it’s a pain to reach the NBC
Any advice? Or should I just go crawl into. Big hole :( I’m so tired. Thanks everyone!

this is my timeline again.. 

I-360,I-485,I-765 receipt notice oct 9, 2020

I-360 approved March 2023

I-485 RFE-medical NBC April 2023

I-485 RFE response received June 2023

silence since then.. FO doesn’t have my application. 

5 minutes ago, pumpkincreamcb said:

So, I took the advice of some of you to make an infopass appt, to inquire about the status of my I-485..well, they say that they don’t have it and it’s still with the NBC. What in the world should my next step be? I really would have liked to go home this Christmas, it’s been 9 years .. I’m so sad. It feels like this is never going to happen. My lawyer says that it’s a pain to reach the NBC
Any advice? Or should I just go crawl into. Big hole :( I’m so tired. Thanks everyone!

Reach out to your congress person. Tell them if they can reach out to NBC on your behalf. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Reach out to your congress person. Tell them if they can reach out to NBC on your behalf. 

Thank you 🙏🏽 I’ll do that now.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, pumpkincreamcb said:

NBC cannot send your file to the field office until they are ready to process your file. The field office controls everything from this point. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
2 hours ago, MontseLe said:

Hi everyone! 
Well this long ride has ended for me. On November 25th my i485 changed to “we are producing your new card” 

And yesterday it changed to “Case has been approved” 

My GC should arrive in a few days! It has been a long 3 years. My timeline is below 

October 5th 2020 applied for VAWA 

August 11 2023 Vawa was approved 

October 5th 2020 applied I485

September 23rd 2023 RFE for medicals 

October 26th 2023 response for RFEreceived

November 25th 2023 we ordered your new card 

November 27th 2023 case was approved! 

Good luck to everyone! I did not have an interview 

Congratulations to you! My timeline is similar! What was your field office? My RFE medical was received by the NBC in July 2023 and no response since. I also applied to For Vawa oct 2020 and got approved March 2023. 

thank you! 

2 hours ago, MontseLe said:

Hi everyone! 
Well this long ride has ended for me. On November 25th my i485 changed to “we are producing your new card” 

And yesterday it changed to “Case has been approved” 

My GC should arrive in a few days! It has been a long 3 years. My timeline is below 

October 5th 2020 applied for VAWA 

August 11 2023 Vawa was approved 

October 5th 2020 applied I485

September 23rd 2023 RFE for medicals 

October 26th 2023 response for RFEreceived

November 25th 2023 we ordered your new card 

November 27th 2023 case was approved! 

Good luck to everyone! I did not have an interview 

congratulations! 

1 hour ago, pumpkincreamcb said:

Congratulations to you! My timeline is similar! What was your field office? My RFE medical was received by the NBC in July 2023 and no response since. I also applied to For Vawa oct 2020 and got approved March 2023. 

thank you! 

What is a field office? lol but all my paperwork says Vermont 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, MontseLe said:

What is a field office? lol but all my paperwork says Vermont 

where did you send your RFE medicals to? 

A field office is the USCIS office, where you live. They adjudicate the I-485 applications. My I-360 approval was from Vermont, March 2023 , but I was told to send my RFE medical to NBC  

Congratulations again! 🤗

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.