Reynal2m

Online I-130 proofs (Multiple questions on I-130 merged together)

49 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing great.

I am e-filling an I-130 form. I am the beneficiary, and my husband is currently the petitioner. I have some doubts regarding some information requested here and I was hoping that you guys can help me with these questions 🙌.

1- My husband hails from Peru originally, where he had a longer name (In his birth certificate and Peruvian passport). After obtaining US citizenship, he opted to shorten his name (He only kept 1st name and 1 last name). What specific documents are required to demonstrate his legal name change?

2- When completing the I-130A form, for the beneficiary's information section, you are required to provide details about "Parent #1" and "Parent #2." However, my birth certificate only lists my mother, as my father never acknowledged me. Do I still need to put my father's information even though he never declared me?

3- In the I-130 e-form, there's a section labeled "Beneficiary's family - Additional family" where you can include the beneficiary's spouse or child's details. Do I still need to complete this section with the petitioner's information?

image.thumb.png.fd652ebe7ac8704ff28d894e3c1e5785.png

4- There's a section designated for uploading evidence. In this section, my husband (the Petitioner) has uploaded his divorce decree. However, it also requests "Evidence of the end of your spouse's prior marriage(s)," yet I (the Beneficiary) have never been married before. Should this part be completed by the petitioner or the beneficiary?

image.png.ad355c7bee2cb94b8f1292a5783cf073.png

Thanks to all for trying to help me.

Best regards,

Reynaldo M.

Edited by Reynal2m
Additional image entered by error

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Reynal2m said:

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing great.

I am e-filling an I-130 form. I am the beneficiary, and my husband is currently the petitioner. I have some doubts regarding some information requested here and I was hoping that you guys can help me with these questions 🙌.

1- My husband hails from Peru originally, where he had a longer name (In his birth certificate and Peruvian passport). After obtaining US citizenship, he opted to shorten his name (He only kept 1st name and 1 last name). What specific documents are required to demonstrate his legal name change?

Evidence of name change is his Naturalization Certificate.  His Peruvian Birth Certificate and passport are not needed.  In the other names used fields enter his original name.

2- When completing the I-130A form, for the beneficiary's information section, you are required to provide details about "Parent #1" and "Parent #2." However, my birth certificate only lists my mother, as my father never acknowledged me. Do I still need to put my father's information even though he never declared me?

If you know your Father's information enter it.  If something is not known, enter "Unknown".  Yes, it really is that simple.

3- In the I-130 e-form, there's a section labeled "Beneficiary's family - Additional family" where you can include the beneficiary's spouse or child's details. Do I still need to complete this section with the petitioner's information?

image.thumb.png.fd652ebe7ac8704ff28d894e3c1e5785.png

You the beneficiary, have a spouse.  In this case it is the petitioner.  Enter the petitioner's information there and select spouse.

4- There's a section designated for uploading evidence. In this section, my husband (the Petitioner) has uploaded his divorce decree. However, it also requests "Evidence of the end of your spouse's prior marriage(s)," yet I (the Beneficiary) have never been married before. Should this part be completed by the petitioner or the beneficiary?

image.png.ad355c7bee2cb94b8f1292a5783cf073.png

Thanks to all for trying to help me.

If beneficiary has no prior marriages, enter "Not Applicable" or "NONE"

Best regards,

Reynaldo M.

First, understand that the petitioner is the one who files the I-130 petition.  While it doesn't matter who is doing the typing, you must keep straight who is who.  See answers inserted above.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Good evening guys,

I hope this message finds you all in good health.

I have another question regarding the I-130 form. My husband went through a previous marriage that was properly concluded. However, he received a significant amount of paperwork during the divorce proceedings. I just have two straightforward questions:

1. Does this document serve as valid evidence of the "End of prior marriage"?
2. Is the date of the divorce the same as the date when the judge signed this document, which is 04/20/2005?

image.png.fb5ba59d41dcf6b5931d3850324b0545.pngimage.png.fa40f09a6e6423062872808766affa53.png

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

Best regards,

Reynaldo M.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Yes and yes

exactly

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thanks a lot for your answers!

9 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Yes and yes

Thank you very much for the time. 

1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

exactly

Thanks again for the reply and for the time.

Greetings once again, lovely individuals,

I trust your Monday is proving to be highly productive.

I've just completed filling out the online I-130 form along with the I-130A. Currently, I'm at the stage where I need to upload evidence of our genuine marriage bond. I'd greatly appreciate your insights to assess if the evidence we're providing is substantial enough to secure approval. Please note that my spouse and I don't reside together; however, he visits me once or twice a month.

1. x150 photos of us and our friends together.
2. A report from Dominican authorities detailing the frequency of my partner's visits since our initial meeting (over 25 visits).
3. 15 boarding passes from airlines for his visits.
4. Lease agreement for an apartment bearing both our names.
5. Two hotel reservation confirmations from our vacations.
6. Two flight reservations for vacations to Colombia and Switzerland.
7. Western Union reports documenting three instances of money transfers, along with the amounts.
8. Grocery store membership listing both our names.
9. Wedding bill under my name only as I was the one who paid for it.
10. Macy's bills reflecting the purchase of our engagement and wedding rings showing my husband's name only.

These are the most pertinent proofs we've gathered. It's important to note that our situation is unique as a gay couple in the Dominican Republic, where our rights aren't recognized. I'm unable to include him in my insurance or change names here.

If you have any further suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You don't need # 2

and #7  neither / money transfers can say one person is using the other  

where is the marriage certificate?  that's needed for CR1

u also need to send payment with petition

you don't have to show commingling at this point

you need to show married and the proofs  I 130 petition asks for

check the guides above in the blue bar 

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I uploaded everything that was required: Marriage cert., divorce decree, form I130 A, cert. of naturalization, 2x2 pics., etc. The only information I am missing to upload are the "Proofs of bona fide marriage". 

Is the payment done through the same portal when you have completed everything? I am planning on using a Credit Card.

Thanks again,  

RM.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What about previuos marriages. Need documents if divorces by either party. Don't forget to check everything twice before sending. Important: Print a copy of the I130 Form b4 sending. I could not retrieve it once sent. 

4 hours ago, Devarj said:

What about previuos marriages. Need documents if divorces by either party. Don't forget to check everything twice before sending. Important: Print a copy of the I130 Form b4 sending. I could not retrieve it once sent. 

Thanks, I have included the divorce decree. I will save a copy of the I130 before sending. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, Reynal2m said:

Thanks, I have included the divorce decree. I will save a copy of the I130 before sending. 

Note for the divorce decree it needs to be a certified copy of it and your spouse will need to take it to the interview at the Consulate/Embassy.

49 minutes ago, Troy B said:

Note for the divorce decree it needs to be a certified copy of it and your spouse will need to take it to the interview at the Consulate/Embassy.

Hey, thanks for the reply. 

Yes, the divorce decree is the official document that he got from the court after he divorced his previous partner.

Thanks again,

Good morning,

I hope this message finds you well.

I'm looking to translate several documents to provide as evidence for my I130 request, and I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for online translation services? 

The documents include a rental Agreement, flight itineraries, hotel reservations, a voucher from money sent via Western Union, and others.

I attempted to have them translated locally in the Dominican Republic, but the cost is prohibitive.

Thanks in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.