ChristynVic

Need Police Clearance for K1 interview, but process delayed up to 6 months (Merged threads)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone, so my fiance and are in the process of gathering everything we need for the K1 interview. Our I129-F was approved September the 12th 2023. We just want to gather all the the documents we need, while it's getting to the NVC, and then to the Embassy.

Here's the situation: My fiance is from Ghana, but stayed in Cuba for about 5 years to study medicine. He reached out to the embassy of Cuba in Ghana. To get a police clearance for the time he was in Cuba, they responded back to him via email stating that the process is delayed up to 6 months and it's not guaranteed that it'll be ready before that time, due to the channel for obtaining documents are not working. Does anyone know how we go about this situation If the interview comes sooner than the police clearance? He still reaching out two different ones to try to get in touch with someone who can of possible help.

I have attached the email from the embassy below. Thank you for any response in advance.

IMG_20230926_074102_449.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
12 minutes ago, ChristynVic said:

Does anyone know how we go about this situation If the interview comes sooner than the police clearance?

Varies by consulate. Some will RFE. I would inform the consulate now and advise them you will need the approved I-129F extended until you get the police certificate.

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello, can you please tell me how long it took from filing ( date of receiving NOA1) to date of approval. I filled for my finance in Ghana as well and it's being processed at the California center . I just want to gauge how long it takes for approval. 

Thank you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

South Africa is honestly the same with a lot of documents but there are third part services that can get documents within weeks if not days for a fee (I assume bribery/ buddies at work). It may be worth seeing if a similar (reliable) service exists in Cuba? The fact the recommend trying to get someone to request locally for you does imply it will be faster with a direct service.

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 hours ago, MeMyself&1 said:

Hello, can you please tell me how long it took from filing ( date of receiving NOA1) to date of approval. I filled for my finance in Ghana as well and it's being processed at the California center . I just want to gauge how long it takes for approval. 

Thank you. 

country of beneficiary does not affect speed of approval, only affects steps from NVC on. You can click on a users timeline to see how long it took, seems took them a year but I know many who now get it in 9months

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone, I posted this topic a while back regarding the fact that I wasn't able to obtain a police record from the Cuban Embassy in my fiance's home country Ghana, due to the portal for obtaing in being down. We have been connected with an official who is in Cuba, Emailed the Cuban Embassy, and still get no answers,

or no responses to emails. 

My fiance has emailed the US Embassy in Ghana for them of the current situation still waiting on a response from them as well.

His interview day is fast approaching next month. My question is: Is it possible for me to request a police clearance at the Cuban Embassy in the US on behalf of my fiance who lives in Ghana?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would ask them.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• powerpuff changed the title to Need Police Clearance for K1 interview, but process delayed up to 6 months (Merged threads)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.