Davidpower

Withdraw I-129F

23 posts in this topic

I am a US citizen. My I-129F has been approved and sent to National Visa Center . But now our relationship is not working out  so I want to withdraw the application. My question is would it be ok for me to file another I-129F for another future fiancee after withdrawing the current one? What are the consequences for doing this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Davidpower said:

I am a US citizen. My I-129F has been approved and sent to National Visa Center . But now our relationship is not working out  so I want to withdraw the application. My question is would it be ok for me to file another I-129F for another future fiancee after withdrawing the current one? What are the consequences for doing this?

You can withdraw it certainly. You must wait 2 years before filing a second I129f.. even  it is for the same person.. And you cannot file more than 2 fiancé petitions 

You can however file subsequent petitions for a spouse if you have filed 2 previous fiance petitions.

Withdrawing a petition does not stop it from counting as a filed petition 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is a waiver, I think the VJ record stands at 5?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Davidpower said:

My question is would it be ok for me to file another I-129F for another future fiancee after withdrawing the current one?

How soon after? Do you have to marry somebody from overseas?

Yes, you can file other I-129F petitions, taking into account Lil bear's comments.

Keep in mind, every subsequent one may get more and more scrutiny, as it would look suspicious to USCIS.

5 hours ago, Davidpower said:

You already have another person in another country lined up?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
7 hours ago, SalishSea said:

You already have another person in another country lined up?

I am not sure how common it is but by no means would it be the first on here.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

13 hours ago, Boiler said:

There is a waiver, I think the VJ record stands at 5?

Bingo...I sorta miss the old days.  A new story every week. Covid and processing delays have slowed down multiple filers a lot.

After two you have to file a waiver:

1. You are filing this petition on behalf of your fiancé(e) and you previously filed Form I-129Fs on behalf of two or more fiancé(e) beneficiaries; or

2. You are filing this petition on behalf of your fiancé(e), you have previously had a Form I-129F approved, and less than two years have passed since the filing date of your previously approved petition

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

16 hours ago, Lil bear said:

You can withdraw it certainly. You must wait 2 years before filing a second I129f.. even  it is for the same person.. And you cannot file more than 2 fiancé petitions 

You can however file subsequent petitions for a spouse if you have filed 2 previous fiance petitions.

Withdrawing a petition does not stop it from counting as a filed petition 

Thank you for your response. What if I withdraw my I-129F while USCIS is still processing my application and has not approved or denied it yet? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Davidpower said:

Thank you for your response. What if I withdraw my I-129F while USCIS is still processing my application and has not approved or denied it yet? 

You have still filed it, so it is counted 

15 hours ago, OldUser said:

How soon after? Do you have to marry somebody from overseas?

Yes, you can file other I-129F petitions, taking into account Lil bear's comments.

Keep in mind, every subsequent one may get more and more scrutiny, as it would look suspicious to USCIS.

I don't know how soon. I am not getting any younger. Hopefully I could find someone within a year. It just really hard to find someone in the US for me.

1 hour ago, Lil bear said:

You have still filed it, so it is counted 

"According to the U.S. Department of State, you can file for another I-129F petition after withdrawing the previous one, but you may need to request a waiver from USCIS if you have filed two or more petitions in the past two years1. There is no specific waiting time between filing petitions, but you should be prepared to explain the reasons for your previous withdrawals and demonstrate the bona fide nature of your current relationship23." This was the answer I got from Bing-chatGPT. Can you refer me to documents that I must wait for 2 year until I can file for another one. Or is this just your knowledge? I do appreciate your help!

2 hours ago, Davidpower said:

You have to have to file a waiver if you don't wait two years. It is part of the instructions for the 129F. That is where I pulled my quote in my post above. Page 7 paragraph 4 https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-129finstr.pdf

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Davidpower said:

The I-129F was approved, that is why it was sent to NVC.  The K1 visa is not approved or denied, but the rules are for the I-129F petition.

4 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

The I-129F was approved, that is why it was sent to NVC.  The K1 visa is not approved or denied, but the rules are for the I-129F petition.

Actually my case is not approved by USCIS yet. I just assume that it will be approved very soon and I have not made the final decision whether to end the relationship now or wait for 2 months when I go to visit her again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.