Autumn.Andreea

Visa journey estimate accurate?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello, 

I was wondering if the visa journey estimate for approval of the k1 visa is accurate? My Fiancée and I got our NOA1 on December 11th, 2023, Visa journey is stating that between September 9th and 21st 2024 we should receive notification if our k1 visa has been approved, I really don't want to get my hopes up. Did anyone else's NOA2 happen around the same time visa journey expected? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It's an estimate. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Best spend your time doing something else. Let it surprise you if it comes faster.

You never know. Tomorrow you may be hit with RFE and endless loop of abyss AP. So, just spend your time not intertwined on immigration. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Timona said:

Best spend your time doing something else. Let it surprise you if it comes faster.

You never know. Tomorrow you may be hit with RFE and endless loop of abyss AP. So, just spend your time not intertwined on immigration. 

Unfortunately it isn’t this easy for me, I don’t have family members and my only support is my fiancée so it’s hard to just wait. I have to plan when I’m seeing my fiancée many months ahead because of work I was just wondering if the estimated time is accurate. My fiancée cannot enter the United States so I am the only one traveling but due to me working in a hospital it’s very hard to get time off and I have to request months in advance. I am just wondering if the estimated time is usually accurate thanks though! 

Edited by Autumn.Andreea
Explaining my situation

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Autumn.Andreea said:

Unfortunately it isn’t this easy for me, I don’t have family members and my only support is my fiancée so it’s hard to just wait. I have to plan when I’m seeing my fiancée many months ahead because of work I was just wondering if the estimated time is accurate. My fiancée cannot enter the United States so I am the only one traveling but due to me working in a hospital it’s very hard to get time off and I have to request months in advance. I am just wondering if the estimated time is usually accurate thanks though! 

It is not accurate.

We all understand your situation, some better than others.

I agree with focusing on other things.

I got my NOA1 in November of last year. From that time to now. I have seen the estimate say 3 months, 4 months 3 weeks, 6 weeks etc.

I know it's easier said than done but you and your fiance will have to dig deep to make it through the distance and the infrequent visits because the wait is torture.

Timeline
Just now, Ara Burton said:

It is not accurate.

We all understand your situation, some better than others.

I agree with focusing on other things.

I got my NOA1 in November of last year. From that time to now. I have seen the estimate say 3 months, 4 months 3 weeks, 6 weeks etc.

I know it's easier said than done but you and your fiance will have to dig deep to make it through the distance and the infrequent visits because the wait is torture.

Thank you, this comment helped me a lot, I guess it’s just very hard not being in control and knowing when but I’m sure it is for everyone. 

It is an estimate based on timelines of other members. Dynamic of timelines is based on processing times that have changed quite a lot, during our process for example. Your work place can serve as a perfect example how little do we really can control.  We have all been there believe me, but it will pass. Patience, greatfulness and supplication, and a lot of deep breaths. We are here for everything else. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Amunah said:

It is an estimate based on timelines of other members. Dynamic of timelines is based on processing times that have changed quite a lot, during our process for example. Your work place can serve as a perfect example how little do we really can control.  We have all been there believe me, but it will pass. Patience, greatfulness and supplication, and a lot of deep breaths. We are here for everything else. 

Yeah it just is unfortunate that I have no control over what happens because since I don’t know when this is going to get accepted I most likely will not be able to travel because of not knowing months in advance and requesting time off. :( but eventually it will get approved so I’m trying to just think of that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Your best bet is to join the thread for your k1 receipt date and you’ll see periodic updates there. There’s not enough people putting their timelines in for a decent estimate, and then of course there’s thousands of people not using this website so their processing times don’t get included in the estimate. From what I read though the times are getting better from when my wife was in k1. Good luck!

19 hours ago, Autumn.Andreea said:

Hello, 

I was wondering if the visa journey estimate for approval of the k1 visa is accurate? My Fiancée and I got our NOA1 on December 11th, 2023, Visa journey is stating that between September 9th and 21st 2024 we should receive notification if our k1 visa has been approved, I really don't want to get my hopes up. Did anyone else's NOA2 happen around the same time visa journey expected? Thanks!

How could you see the estimate ? Please tell me I want to check mine, I am March 30th 2023

Timeline
Just now, samyy said:

How could you see the estimate ? Please tell me I want to check mine, I am March 30th 2023

I can only see it on a computer it’s on the right hand side 

5 hours ago, Autumn.Andreea said:

Yeah it just is unfortunate that I have no control over what happens because since I don’t know when this is going to get accepted I most likely will not be able to travel because of not knowing months in advance and requesting time off. :( but eventually it will get approved so I’m trying to just think of that. 

Totaly understandable, we have all been there. Hopefully yours takes even faster then the estimate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.