HOUNOV2017

Houston N-400 Filers

1,571 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2022 at 8:12 AM, theblooray said:

Anyone get their notification for oath in Houston this week?

My wife Interview is on 1/18/2023 at Houston Field Office , InshaAllah she will pass and hoping for quick oath, will be nice to get same day oath.

Received the oath notice a couple of days ago, Praise God. Scheduled for January 11th 2023 which is pretty quick if you ask me. 

3 hours ago, theblooray said:

Received the oath notice a couple of days ago, Praise God. Scheduled for January 11th 2023 which is pretty quick if you ask me. 

Congrats! , it is for Houston, TX right?, when was your N-400 Interview?, just curious my wife is scheduled for the interview for 1/18/2023.

Edited by Butterfly2

4 hours ago, theblooray said:

The oath notice came pretty quickly no doubt! Great things happen for great people! Seemed just like yesterday the 13th of December you had your interview and now you’re getting ready for the oath come 11th of January! 🎊🎉🍾🎵🎶🎊🎉🍾😊 All the best again! 🥂 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All, 

Happy to join this thread!  

N-400 (3 year rule) filed: Jan 3, 2023

Biometrics: Jan 26, 2023

I filed under 3 year minus 90 days.  Anyone else in this situation?  Are they going to wait until after my 3yr anniversary in the US to interview?  I wasn't anticipating Houston moving so swiftly because hub's case took 16mo back in 2018/2019!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 12/31/2022 at 12:50 PM, theblooray said:

How was your Oath Ceremony today?, can you please update and any idea about next ceremony?, update will be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Butterfly2 said:

How was your Oath Ceremony today?, can you please update and any idea about next ceremony?, update will be appreciated.

Good afternoon. 

Our oath was held at the MO Campbell Education Center. I got there at around 7am sharp. That's the appointment time on my form. Parking area is quite chaotic but plenty of parking spots available. I'd nonetheless suggest getting there early. The lines were long, but they moved fairly fast. From standing in line to getting checked in, took about 45mins.

The lines are designated by table numbers, starting with 0 up to 4. So that's FIVE lines including line 0. I was on line 1, which lead to Table 1. The lady checked my oath notice and the filled and signed forms, and handed me a colored card which says what Table I'm supposed to come to AFTER the oath. This colored card also contains seating information inside the auditorium. 

We sat, and I desperately needed to pee, so PLEASE PEE BEFORE YOU GET IN. The judge finally came in, and we went through the whole process. It was very nice, warm, welcoming and passionate. I left the auditorium in another line, and it was all a bit crammed but orderly nonetheless. We went back to that original table where we'd checked in, and the lady confirmed all details on the naturalization certificate. Boom, all done, and back home by 11. So a total of 4 hours. 

APPLICANTS ALLOWED ONLY. I know this is a life-changing event for many, but please leave small children at home. 

Good luck to everyone!

On 12/31/2022 at 4:30 PM, Butterfly2 said:

Congrats! , it is for Houston, TX right?, when was your N-400 Interview?, just curious my wife is scheduled for the interview for 1/18/2023.

If the interview is on 1/18, if approved you can expect your oath notice to come in within two weeks from interview date. So for you hopefully by 2/3/2023 you have your oath notice scheduled.

1 hour ago, theblooray said:

If the interview is on 1/18, if approved you can expect your oath notice to come in within two weeks from interview date. So for you hopefully by 2/3/2023 you have your oath notice scheduled.

Thank you and InshaAllah she will be approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 1/9/2023 at 9:52 AM, mam521 said:

Hi All, 

Happy to join this thread!  

N-400 (3 year rule) filed: Jan 3, 2023

Biometrics: Jan 26, 2023

I filed under 3 year minus 90 days.  Anyone else in this situation?  Are they going to wait until after my 3yr anniversary in the US to interview?  I wasn't anticipating Houston moving so swiftly because hub's case took 16mo back in 2018/2019!

I’m sure I read somewhere that the 90 days prior to your anniversary stemmed from the old days where it would take the USCIS or rather it’s predecessor 90 days or 3 months from you filing your application for them to interview you. Hence filing 90 days prior would then taken you just over your 3rd or 5th anniversary and thus you naturalize as soon as possible. Going by that logic today, Houston should allow us to file 18-24 months prior to our anniversary 🤪

in answer to your question, you will not be interviewed prior to your anniversary date of receiving your GC (resident since date)

Lover and hubby to 1, Daddy to 2. I do enjoy growing older but not growing up.

A filthy, dirty oilfield engineer.

N400 through marriage to another filthy dirty oilfield engineer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 1/11/2023 at 1:53 PM, theblooray said:

Good afternoon. 

Our oath was held at the MO Campbell Education Center. I got there at around 7am sharp. That's the appointment time on my form. Parking area is quite chaotic but plenty of parking spots available. I'd nonetheless suggest getting there early. The lines were long, but they moved fairly fast. From standing in line to getting checked in, took about 45mins.

The lines are designated by table numbers, starting with 0 up to 4. So that's FIVE lines including line 0. I was on line 1, which lead to Table 1. The lady checked my oath notice and the filled and signed forms, and handed me a colored card which says what Table I'm supposed to come to AFTER the oath. This colored card also contains seating information inside the auditorium. 

We sat, and I desperately needed to pee, so PLEASE PEE BEFORE YOU GET IN. The judge finally came in, and we went through the whole process. It was very nice, warm, welcoming and passionate. I left the auditorium in another line, and it was all a bit crammed but orderly nonetheless. We went back to that original table where we'd checked in, and the lady confirmed all details on the naturalization certificate. Boom, all done, and back home by 11. So a total of 4 hours. 

APPLICANTS ALLOWED ONLY. I know this is a life-changing event for many, but please leave small children at home. 

Good luck to everyone!

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/immigration/article/houston-immigrants-citizenship-ceremony-17708238.php

Lover and hubby to 1, Daddy to 2. I do enjoy growing older but not growing up.

A filthy, dirty oilfield engineer.

N400 through marriage to another filthy dirty oilfield engineer.

1 hour ago, HoustonN400 said:

Does anybody knows the date of next Houston oath ceremony at MO Campbell center. Interview done today -- approved case.  Need to plan for the next month.

Congratulations, there is no same day oath in Houston?, There was oath ceremony yesterday 1/11/2023, next one will be in few weeks I guess, please update if you get scheduled for oath.

Edited by Butterfly2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Butterfly2 said:

Congratulations, there is no same day oath in Houston?

Based on the above article, I suspect they do once or twice a month with everyone lined up for the oath ceremony.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.