14 posts in this topic

Hi All,

We are at the tail end of the I-485 and received an intent to deny due to I-693.

We submitted an I-693 with I-485 and our civil surgeon noted a vaccine waiver due to my wife attempting to become pregnant. She did recently get other vaccines though.

USCIS noted that a waiver is available and we must submit a response inside 30 days that provides evidence or arguments to support your application.

does this mean we have the option to a) resubmit I-693 with proof of all vaccines or b) submit I-601. Would the moral objection regarding my wife’s situation for pregnancy not work with the I-601?

interested to hear your thoughts.

I-601 is needed if you have intent to deny on the basis you listed. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If she got all the vaccines completed now, I would send that in showing she has everything marked complete with a letter stating she didn't have all the vaccines initially because she was trying to become pregnant, but now they are all complete. I wouldn't think you would have to bother with the I-601 waiver if all her vaccinations are up to date and complete now. That is how I understand your post. If you still haven't completed the required vaccinations, then you will have to go the waiver route.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

17 hours ago, Loren Y said:

If she got all the vaccines completed now, I would send that in showing she has everything marked complete with a letter stating she didn't have all the vaccines initially because she was trying to become pregnant, but now they are all complete. I wouldn't think you would have to bother with the I-601 waiver if all her vaccinations are up to date and complete now. That is how I understand your post. If you still haven't completed the required vaccinations, then you will have to go the waiver route.

she hasn’t yet received the vaccines but I’m sure we could get them if a fresh I-693 with complete evidence of full vaccines would work. 

here is the important portion of the letter. It’s hard to tell whether they would accept a fresh I-693 fully completed or a process an I-601 with a note specific to moral objection on basis of fertility. We are fine with sending in whatever they need for fastest route to clear this up but it isn’t totally clear… I also hear the I-601 is a very difficult and long route. Really could use some help here.

httpsmy.uscis.govaccountcase-serviceapicasesIOE0921670783documentsLkqL40OoRX_NkUqvN8sZZOw-z_jPZKxmbLqyB2shYuofilename.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

From what I see in the letter you have 2 options. Get the required vaccines and send proof that they are all completed now from the civil Surgeon, as that would remove the inadmissibility they are mentioning, or like they said in the letter , you can file a waiver if you want to go that route. You have to decide what works best for you. The path of least resistance would be to get all the vaccines completed, and submit a new I-693 showing this. Or you can go the waiver route that might take more time like you said. You have to decide quickly as you don't have much time to get everything done one way or the other.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

The path of least resistance would be to get all the vaccines completed, and submit a new I-693 showing this.

^^^^This^^^^

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

5 hours ago, Loren Y said:

From what I see in the letter you have 2 options. Get the required vaccines and send proof that they are all completed now from the civil Surgeon, as that would remove the inadmissibility they are mentioning, or like they said in the letter , you can file a waiver if you want to go that route. You have to decide what works best for you. The path of least resistance would be to get all the vaccines completed, and submit a new I-693 showing this. Or you can go the waiver route that might take more time like you said. You have to decide quickly as you don't have much time to get everything done one way or the other.

Thank you for all your help. Do we need to write a well drafted letter on top of the new I-693?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am not sure it has to be that well drafted.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

We had a new I-693 completed with all vaccine requirements. This was sent and delivered to the USCIS PO box November 13th (two weeks before deadline). Our case updated today (date of evidence deadline) noting that our time to respond has expired with still no receipt of confirming they have our updated I-693. We are concerned but I suspect the website update was automatic and evidence might just be awaiting review (we don't see denied or approved on the USCIS case status site).

Interested to hear your thoughts and if this is normal or abnormal processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.