RubysMom

Update 15 months after son's Death (Merged 4X)

42 posts in this topic

Finally my DIL and grandkids have been re-approved 20 monthes after the passing of my son.  They are listed as derivitives on my DIL IW1,  Wgat is the next step. They already have their submitted D260s, of course with old information. I do know I need to provide a new I864 as the new support sponsor. Do I register them for a group interview or each alone? I think the 14 year old does not need interview.   Do I schedual physical before making interview appointment or afterwards.  Are the interview officers American or Filipino?

8 hours ago, RubysMom said:

Finally my DIL and grandkids have been re-approved 20 monthes after the passing of my son.  They are listed as derivitives on my DIL IW1,  Wgat is the next step. They already have their submitted D260s, of course with old information. I do know I need to provide a new I864 as the new support sponsor. Do I register them for a group interview or each alone? I think the 14 year old does not need interview.   Do I schedual physical before making interview appointment or afterwards.  Are the interview officers American or Filipino?

For immigration i don't think they do group interviews.  Medical MUST be completed prior to the interview.  Consulate officers are US citizens but plenty of local Filipinos work at the consulate.

*** Removed related thread in a different sub-forum.  Please post your related questions/updates in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

13 hours ago, RubysMom said:

Here it is over 1 year since we have constantly tried to notify Immigration of my son's death. We finally got an answer saying that my DIL and kids as derivitives are approved under IW1 for widow and children of deceased American. Suppossedly notified 4 months ago, but we never recieved anything from them.  So now it is time for physicals, followed by interviews.  Can they do a group interview as derivitives, or individual. Kids are 12,16, 18, and 21.  The 21 is ok because he was petitioned at a much younger age,

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RubysMom said:

Please, can someone who has already done the above, answer me?

Give it some time.  Please understand that most members are us based and you asked the initial question in the middle of the night for those members.

I can say it was enough time before covid but I cannot opinine for the current situation.

• Ontarkie changed the title to Group Interview? (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

14 hours ago, RubysMom said:

Is it safe to schedule St Luke's the same week as interview, in order to avoid multiple trips to Manila? It is DIL and 4 kids, so trying to keep expenses down!

Sure you can. I would do the medical at least 3 days before interview because medical takes 2 days. However, please keep min mind that if any of them get flagged for sputum testing you will need to reschedule the interview.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. Well we are still dealing with the crazy immigration nuthouse!   I have several questions, some should propably be asked elsewhere, but I will try.    OK a few months ago our senetors office had contact with USCIS and NVC. They had evidently aknowleged my son's deat back in October and had converted the cases to IW1 with dirivetives and supposedly sent instructions for interviews. We never received it, so we were in the dark.  OK, so we jump for joy.  But then in August we got NOIRs on 3 of the kids, but not on my DIL or her oldest.  So I contacted 4 lawyers, and a level one agent who went and asked a level 2, if the IW1 case overided the Noirs and all said yes and the lawyer I wanted to hire even said we did not need her because they are all ready for interviews, but I was advise to respond to the NOIRs.  I attemped over and over to respond online, but documents would not upload.  OK next I get tec support at USCIS who email and say they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  So instead I sent a packet by UPS with a letter from DIL requesting clarification. In addition we sent both the I864W that waives need for that proof, but to be safe, also sent one from me. Also sent a copy of the summary page on NVC that showed it now as IW1 with the 4 kids on her case. It was received at the Capito Height's clearing center and supposedly then it goes to USCIS.  I keep checking but the USCIS still shows Noir status. I was told allow 60 days which will be November 6, but the need to respond by date is Oct 29, so I am worried.  Any advice or experince with Noirs here?

Next, we are told to go ahead and make their appointmnets, but I am scared to spend Thousands of $$ to put them up in Manila for 5 or 6 days, pay for exams, etc, just for them to actually revoke the kids approval's. Is the a certain time limit that we need to make the appointment?  Then the CFO, how does that work and where do they do it? There is my DIL, the widow, then a 21 yr old boy, 18 yr old girl, 15 yr old boy and 11 year old boy.  Do they all need to attend and when should we do it.  I am hoping to schedule everything in January once this is cleared up, and travel in June? Will that be ok?  Since they are listed on her case where you make the appointments, will it be just one for all of them?

Can I also take them to my house in Mexico before they have their actual green cards, or on vacation?

One more stupid question, has anyone traveled long haul with a pet? She has my sons little dog and is not about to leave him.  Sorry this is so long, but it is a funny situation.

One duplicate thread in a different forum removed and threads on the same ongoing topics have been merged yet again. Creating multiple threads on related and ongoing topics is considered spamming and is terms of service violation. Repeated violations may lead to admin action against your account. Please post all questions and follow ups in THIS thread only.

VJ Moderation 

Edited by powerpuff

• powerpuff changed the title to Update 15 months after son's Death (Merged 2x)
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Were you on Hacking?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Were you on Hacking?

LOL Yes I was.  Really racking my brains with this stuff, out of 4 lawyers, he is the only one who scared me.  Guess we just have to wait and see.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think you confused him and I am not sure he knows much about I 360s.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

I think you confused him and I am not sure he knows much about I 360s.

Well I hope you are right and the other 3 lawyers are right. I mean, the one said I did not even need a lawyer. But until USCIS clarifies it, I am not sending the family to Manila. I just wonder if there is a time limit for them to have their interviews.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.