AhmedMusani

Best way for filing for my younger brother (Merged threads)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Source, please?  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No new law and that does not make any sense anyway.

To sponsor a sibling you follow the guides on here, file an I 130.

For siblings age and marital status does not matter.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

IR5 does not allow derivatives, so you would file an 2 I130's one for each parent, and one I130 for the sibling, but the sibling would be F4 and take a lot more time.  That being said, it does not hurt to get an I130 in the system for your sibling.

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Dashinka said:

IR5 does not allow derivatives, so you would file an 2 I130's one for each parent, and one I130 for the sibling, but the sibling would be F4 and take a lot more time.  That being said, it does not hurt to get an I130 in the system for your sibling.

That being said if I have a co sponsor do J have to put a form along with it too along with I130

Timeline
1 minute ago, AhmedMusani said:

That being said if I have a co sponsor do J have to put a form along with it too along with I130

For a sibling that comes much later, at the moment you are just getting your place in line.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
10 minutes ago, AhmedMusani said:

https://www.visajourney.com/guides/

I expect well before the 30 years it takes for your sibling to get a visa, that family based parole will be broadened from fewer than 10 countries it is in place for today. With parole, someone will have to sign up for financial support. I would expect it to be form I-134A or similar.

Family parole is invitation only so far. If there is no pending I-130, no invitation. IOW those who are not in line, get no invitation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, AhmedMusani said:

When you file the I130, you only need to provide proof you are qualifying relatives such as providing both your and your siblings birth certificates showing you have the same parents.  The affidavit of support will come much much later at the NVC stage when the petition is sent to the consulate for an eventual visa interview.

How old is your sibling?  If they are relatively young (under 10) it might be best to sponsor one parent, and then have them get their LPR status and they can petition for the other spouse and child under F2A which is currently running about 6-8 years.

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

Parole is an executive action, I see all sorts of legal and political issues, also numerical practical ones.

I 134a is of course not legal enforceable, I assume it is a Political not practical requirement. You have to express willingness, not actually do anything.

I did see a F4 entrant case wanting to know how to sue for support under the I 864 the other day, now that is not likely to encourage brotherly love.

Edited by Boiler

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Just a bit of background I'm a U.S. Citizen, just filed an I-130 for my parents living abroad, a couple of months ago. I have a younger brother, he's 19 years old. What are my best ways of bringing him to?

I heard from someone about

Derivative beneficiaries etc.

And a guy once told me that once your petition gets accepted and the case moves to NVC from there your parents can file for your younger sibling if he's under 21. This is how we can bring em quickly in the States.

Kinda my first time to listening to such a thing. Would appreciate leads and the best possible way out.

Timeline

You can certainly file for him now and good insurance to do so 

Also when your Parents get here they can file for him, not quick but likely quicker than your case.

Now the downside of Parents filing is that he can not marry before they naturalise.

Related threads merged. Do not start multiple threads asking same or related questions as that constitutes spamming which is a terms of service violation and puts your account at risk of admin action.

VJ Moderation 

Edited by powerpuff

• powerpuff changed the title to Best way for filing for my younger brother (Merged threads)
55 minutes ago, AhmedMusani said:

Would appreciate leads and the best possible way out.

As you were advised previously, there are no derivatives for IR5 category. 

There are no ways around to bring your brother faster. That’s just the reality of the situation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, AhmedMusani said:

Just a bit of background I'm a U.S. Citizen, just filed an I-130 for my parents living abroad, a couple of months ago. I have a younger brother, he's 19 years old

Why haven’t you filed I-130 for your brother?

6 hours ago, AhmedMusani said:

Hello,

Just a bit of background I'm a U.S. Citizen, just filed an I-130 for my parents living abroad, a couple of months ago. I have a younger brother, he's 19 years old. What are my best ways of bringing him to?

I heard from someone about

Derivative beneficiaries etc.

And a guy once told me that once your petition gets accepted and the case moves to NVC from there your parents can file for your younger sibling if he's under 21. This is how we can bring em quickly in the States.

Kinda my first time to listening to such a thing. Would appreciate leads and the best possible way out.

You should seek better and more accurate info than "a guy once told me."

It will be many, many years before your brother can come to the US.  Up to 30 years, so file the petition and then forget about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.