TexasRafael

How to track green card! [merged threads]

13 posts in this topic

So, my spouse will be coming to the US in October and in anticipation I paid the $220.00 immigrant fee and have the receipt.  I understand that nothing starts moving on the issuance of the green card after the person enters the USA, however, once that happens is there a place you can track the progress of the Green Card issuance?  Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
26 minutes ago, TexasRafael said:

So, my spouse will be coming to the US in October and in anticipation I paid the $220.00 immigrant fee and have the receipt.  I understand that nothing starts moving on the issuance of the green card after the person enters the USA, however, once that happens is there a place you can track the progress of the Green Card issuance?  Thanks 

After pay for the fee, you will receive a case number. After that person enters USA, they can use that for tracking the GC.

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Progress Reports to General Immigration-Related Discussion, where topics related to GC delivery are discussed ***

On 8/14/2023 at 10:22 AM, TexasRafael said:

is there a place you can track the progress of the Green Card issuance?

Enter the IOE number on the immigrant fee payment receipt (not the I-130 receipt) here -- https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

• 1 month later...

Good morning experts.  So, my spouse paid the Visa Fee, immediately after the visa was approved at the US Embassy before travelling to the US.  Once arrived in the US, we are using the USCIS web site that its says to check case status online and enter the receipt number of the receipt when the fee was paid, but all it shows is the date that the fee was paid and that the green card will be issued within 90 days of entering the US.  Is that all there is?  Thanks   

• Chancy changed the title to How to track green card! [merged threads]
  • 2 weeks later...

While I have read that the green card will arrive in 90 days after arrival in the USA, (given that the visa fee is paid,) is it that it will arrive around 90 days or can it arrive sooner.  I was blown away when my husband SSN card arrived 12 days after he entered the US! 

5 minutes ago, TexasRafael said:

While I have read that the green card will arrive in 90 days after arrival in the USA, (given that the visa fee is paid,) is it that it will arrive around 90 days or can it arrive sooner.  I was blown away when my husband SSN card arrived 12 days after he entered the US! 

12 days is pretty standard for SSN's, they say 2 weeks for those. The green card can be much sooner than 90 days (mine was about 6 weeks), but it doesn't really matter as long as you have it at some point in the first year. 

And of course, it can also be longer, my daughter's hasn't turned up yet and it's been 88 days - her SSN never arrived either so somehow she's been left off the system despite entering at the same time as the rest of us! I need to chase it up in another 2 days, it's definitely not coming as her status has been stuck on 'card is being produced' since 9th September, and there's nothing showing from USCIS in Informed Delivery either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to General Immigration DIscussion, from IR!/CR! P&P - the OP's spouse is already in the US~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 1 month later...

Well, my husband just received his 10 year green card yesterday, entry date October 9th 2023!!  Yay!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!  Big relief :) 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

*** Merged related threads ***

1 hour ago, TexasRafael said:

Well, my husband just received his 10 year green card yesterday, entry date October 9th 2023!!  Yay!!

Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.