QueenandKing

After Approval Showing On Going Relationship

22 posts in this topic

Since it is a tedious task I want to know if we are doing too much or just enough. For proof of on going relationship from the time we filed to present we have been taking the past few days to screenshot convos in text, call log and every single social media interaction etc from the past year making it that we have a bit over 100 screenshots for each platform since we are going month by month of the last 12 months. My plan is to of course combine into a collage but I feel like we are over doing it. Can I get an example of what would be enough if so, I could not find any videos on youtube for this part of the process. Our friend who got approved last year showed on video briefly that they had 70 pages that he took to his interview with him. 

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Any in person meetings since I-129F was approved?

We just got approved a couple days ago, haven’t seen him since 2021 because I couldn’t get back out there to his country..too expensive and went job to job 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
8 minutes ago, CiCi123 said:

I’ve traveled there twice already and got approved…

You have not been approved for a K-1 visa yet

7 minutes ago, CiCi123 said:

I’ve traveled there twice already and got approved…

For I-129f approval you only need to show one in person meeting. They do not make the decision based on proof of genuine relationship. That’s where the consulate comes in - they will approve or deny a visa depending on the evidence of ongoing/bonafide relationship. Fair or not, but some consulates are “tougher” than others such as Nigeria. Meeting before the visa interview is crucial, 2021 is way too far back. 

8 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

For I-129f approval you only need to show one in person meeting. They do not make the decision based on proof of genuine relationship. That’s where the consulate comes in - they will approve or deny a visa depending on the evidence of ongoing/bonafide relationship. Fair or not, but some consulates are “tougher” than others such as Nigeria. Meeting before the visa interview is crucial, 2021 is way too far back. 

Thank you for the advice. Trust it has been very hard to go that long without seeing each other however I have a lot of anxiety around flying far alone and working hard to get my money up to get us a place so money is tight. I will discuss with him and see what we will do about that especially since it is only strongly suggested. 

1 minute ago, CiCi123 said:

Thank you for the advice. Trust it has been very hard to go that long without seeing each other however I have a lot of anxiety around flying far alone and working hard to get my money up to get us a place so money is tight. I will discuss with him and see what we will do about that especially since it is only strongly suggested. 

One of the first questions I was asked at my K1 interview was when was the last time you saw your fiancé (this was in 2021). Maybe you can meet somewhere halfway to reduce your flying time. I hope it works out for you, good luck! 

Screenshots of conversations is not strong evidence. To be honest, I didn't include a single screenshot of conversations nor any evidence of social media interaction and we received the K1. However, not seeing each other since 2021 can really be a mark against you especially if the beneficiary is from a high fraud country. Where are they from?

42 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Screenshots of conversations is not strong evidence. To be honest, I didn't include a single screenshot of conversations nor any evidence of social media interaction and we received the K1.

Likewise  

42 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Where are they from?

I believe Nigeria 

10 hours ago, powerpuff said:

Likewise  

I believe Nigeria 

Yes Nigeria, we originally did have a plan for me to take a vacation from work to go there to be with him for a couple weeks before his visa interview however, I was let go from my company in June because they downsized so that ruined things. Now I am starting a new job this Monday in which I won’t be able to go anymore or even meet half way because I won’t be able to take any vacation until 6 months due to work probation 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

One important thing is to realize that the authorities have a tough decision to make in a short time. The more you, as an applicant, can do to recognize and allay their likely sources of doubt, the better the odds that your case will be approved./ Authority in this case is the CO in embassy who interviews and makes the decision to approve or deny a petition 

Important factors

1. non citizen is from high fraud country

2. Income

3.  Time spent together 

4.  Ages

5.  Divorce(s)

6.  Being able to support the beneficary for AOS process and while waiting for the EAD so he can work which includes buying health care insurance 

6.  Any of the red flags  /  a good list is on following site

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/red-flags-that-make-uscis-suspect-marriage-fraud.html

Most Co's in high fraud countries do ask "when were u last together ?"  and many of us try to be there for emotional support for interview even when we can not attend / the non citizen can say "she's here now"

If you have not been able to afford another trip to Nigeria since 2021,  CO is going to wonder how u can afford the $1225 to AOS  here in the US and pay for his upkeep for a year or more and purchase health care insurance (u need to check the cost of this  in your area)

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

One important thing is to realize that the authorities have a tough decision to make in a short time. The more you, as an applicant, can do to recognize and allay their likely sources of doubt, the better the odds that your case will be approved./ Authority in this case is the CO in embassy who interviews and makes the decision to approve or deny a petition 

Important factors

1. non citizen is from high fraud country

2. Income

3.  Time spent together 

4.  Ages

5.  Divorce(s)

6.  Being able to support the beneficary for AOS process and while waiting for the EAD so he can work which includes buying health care insurance 

6.  Any of the red flags  /  a good list is on following site

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/red-flags-that-make-uscis-suspect-marriage-fraud.html

Most Co's in high fraud countries do ask "when were u last together ?"  and many of us try to be there for emotional support for interview even when we can not attend / the non citizen can say "she's here now"

If you have not been able to afford another trip to Nigeria since 2021,  CO is going to wonder how u can afford the $1225 to AOS  here in the US and pay for his upkeep for a year or more and purchase health care insurance (u need to check the cost of this  in your area)

Thank you for that information. So in our case what do you suggest we do to assure we get approved? 

2 minutes ago, CiCi123 said:

Thank you for that information. So in our case what do you suggest we do to assure we get approved? 

Spend a lot more time together, especially if you haven't seen each other since 2021 and the beneficiary is from Nigeria. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.