JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

263 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, W199 said:

My approval date matched my notice date of August 2023 and had a correct expiration date of 4 months later.  However, the valid FROM date started from May, 3 months earlier than the approval date. lol. 

This shows they do make typos. To reduce the stress, you should just assume your NVC clock starts 8/28.  And then be excited if the case happens to arrive early. 

10 hours ago, Elays said:

Oh wow!!! I have always heard that the true date is always the one on the letter so maybe you should consider that one

I havent gotten my NOA2 letter yet, we were approved 4 days ago so I expect to get it by this coming week, I wonder what date will have LOL😅

USCIS😅

6 hours ago, madmanmike said:

Ours took almost 2 weeks. I was getting worried, then it finally arrived. 

I did notice ours was very late, later than usual at least. I had already submitted a service request last week but I guess that won't be necessary.

I know that our case was approved since at least 8/10 when I checked online and I feel "Valid from 8/09" which is what the letter says makes more sense. I can assume once case was approved it took a day for the online tool to show the new status.

I will go with what @W199 said, I'll go with notice date of 8/28 so I don't get disappointed later on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, K1Sam said:

From you, the petitioner, the fiance only needs I134 and a letter of intent. Your fiance takes I134 to the interview not I864, I-864 is for when you apply for adjustment of status with I485 don't need that yet.

As for proof of income, my understand is include as much evidence as you can. So yes, W-2, pay stubs, but more importantly tax transcripts for the last year, last 3 years even better. Perhaps even bank statements or any other assets just to help out really, if you're income is well above poverty line I wouldn't worry about those.

Of course depending on the country your fiance is from he/she should already be preparing the police certificate, birth certificate, passport etc, I think those are more important to focus on right now if you haven't prepared them yet, some might take a while!

Thank you i appreciate this.

I sent my fiancee and scanned the entire 1-129f so she could have for reference. Do they have to be originals or any document for that matter or are scanned pdfs fine?

45 minutes ago, SP1988 said:

Thank you i appreciate this.

I sent my fiancee and scanned the entire 1-129f so she could have for reference. Do they have to be originals or any document for that matter or are scanned pdfs fine?

I would personally send originals of I-134 and letter of intent to marry, I'm thinking supporting documents for I134 can be copies but perhaps someone with more experience can answer that. 

AFAIK a copy of I-129f is just for fiance's reference, so a copy should be more than enough!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 9/3/2023 at 8:20 PM, K1Sam said:

I would personally send originals of I-134 and letter of intent to marry, I'm thinking supporting documents for I134 can be copies but perhaps someone with more experience can answer that. 

AFAIK a copy of I-129f is just for fiance's reference, so a copy should be more than enough!

Regarding form I-134, I have read that the petitioner in the USA can complete and sign / date the form in ink, then scan to pdf and email it to the beneficiary who can print it in their home country and that will be sufficient for the US Consulate or Embassy interview. To be certain however, I would suggest emailing the local US Consulate.

27 minutes ago, snewbery said:

Regarding form I-134, I have read that the petitioner in the USA can complete and sign / date the form in ink, then scan to pdf and email it to the beneficiary who can print it in their home country and that will be sufficient for the US Consulate or Embassy interview. To be certain however, I would suggest emailing the local US Consulate.

That's exactly why I started my post with "I would personally send originals". I couldn't find a definitive answer and some say consulates will consider copies and some say originals.

If you have the time and resources to send the original form I-134 singed in black ink to your beneficiary, do it! That would be my advice. Of course same goes for the letter of intent to get married!

Edited by K1Sam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. According to the official I-134 instructions, a scanned copy of the original with handwritten signature should be fine. https://www.uscis.gov/i-134
image.png.765b872329b7f1875ab3511454f1a66e.png

25 minutes ago, Shane-Debby said:

Hello. According to the official I-134 instructions, a scanned copy of the original with handwritten signature should be fine. https://www.uscis.gov/i-134
image.png.765b872329b7f1875ab3511454f1a66e.png

I must have read this 100 times already.

It says and I'm copying and pasting: "USCIS will consider a photocopied, faxed, or scanned copy of the original handwritten signature
valid for filing purposes."

Notice it says USCIS, consulates AFAIK are under DOS. Also are you saying consider is a definitive answer?

It's really up to you, I've read stories both ways, I'm just telling you my personal recommendation. I'm not going to scan the documents, I'll take originals to my fiancee.

Best of luck to all!

Edited by K1Sam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

This issue with the original/scanned/wet signature/photocopy/etc version of I-134 is a constant thing here on VJ.

My final position is: check with your embassy. They should accept a legible photocopy of the original wet signature form as per form rules. Also hard to differentiate a legible, clean scan of the original one and the original in black ink. Embassy is department of state, but the form is from USCIS. That’s why it gets confusing.

I had to check with mine and they told me a scanned was just fine. I suggest you do that too if you’re worried. I did that because I freaked out due to this misinformation from one of the filers in my country. Not every petitioner can be present at the time of the interview and not every country has a cheap and reliable post service (it would cost us $150 for him to send me one single page of the form).

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So.....just so that I am clear. Upon receiving my NOA2 while waiting for my case to be sent to NVC there is no way to track it or check anything? Do I just wait for something in the mail? Can I use case tracker? We are gathering our documents, etc but I feel like I am stalking my mailman and there must be a better way to check that my file has been sent to NVC

No?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Mello3 said:

So.....just so that I am clear. Upon receiving my NOA2 while waiting for my case to be sent to NVC there is no way to track it or check anything? Do I just wait for something in the mail? Can I use case tracker? We are gathering our documents, etc but I feel like I am stalking my mailman and there must be a better way to check that my file has been sent to NVC

No?

You won't get any voluntary information from NVC until they ship your case to your embassy (50-70 days now).
All you can do is inquire NVC using the public inquiry form (or NVCResearch@state.gov, but they only can tell you if they received your petitions. Case numbers come from the public inquiry).
With the case number, you'll be able to track your case on CEAC.
You don't need to stalk your mailman, nothing will come through the mail now.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
14 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

This issue with the original/scanned/wet signature/photocopy/etc version of I-134 is a constant thing here on VJ.

My final position is: check with your embassy. They should accept a legible photocopy of the original wet signature form as per form rules. Also hard to differentiate a legible, clean scan of the original one and the original in black ink. Embassy is department of state, but the form is from USCIS. That’s why it gets confusing.

I had to check with mine and they told me a scanned was just fine. I suggest you do that too if you’re worried. I did that because I freaked out due to this misinformation from one of the filers in my country. Not every petitioner can be present at the time of the interview and not every country has a cheap and reliable post service (it would cost us $150 for him to send me one single page of the form).

My bf also plans to scan the I-134 form and email it to me so I can print it in Spain... bcs sending it througth mail is CRAZY EXPENSIVE😅

I believe almost all embassies accept scanned/printed documents related to K1 visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

sent an inquiry Last Friday Sept 1, received an update from NVC stating my case # and that it is still at the NVC (sept 6 @  2pm)  awaiting departure to the embassy . 

Timeline
1 hour ago, PapiroNP said:

sent an inquiry Last Friday Sept 1, received an update from NVC stating my case # and that it is still at the NVC (sept 6 @  2pm)  awaiting departure to the embassy . 

Wow, case number in about 30 days is amazing!!!!! Things are getting back to normal at NVC.

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
9 hours ago, PapiroNP said:

8 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Wow, case number in about 30 days is amazing!!!!! Things are getting back to normal at NVC.

My NOA2 was 30th August...I will send an inquiry the last week of this month....hopefully they will have my case and case number🥲🤞

On 9/7/2023 at 6:34 PM, PapiroNP said:

Wow I wonder how that’s possible. I was waiting to make a second inquiry bc their website says they are working on cases received July 19th, and mine couldn’t have shipped to them before it was approved on 8/1 🤔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.