Posting my updated timeline 

NOA 1 august 15 2022

noa 2 august 7 2023

case received sept 7th 

case number September 15 

In transit to nvc September 15

NVC ready September 18

Ive submitted visa fee payment and DS-160 

waiting on approval and access to appointments !!!!

8 minutes ago, Shane-Debby said:

Yes

Thank you what this means? Did they receive my file to NVC? it doesn't say about the date of receiving etc? wondering. I sent my USCIS case number in the inquiry site and they just provided a different case number as the correct case number: xxx..etc. Using this correct case number I checked the above site the response was as in the image. Thank you

4 minutes ago, MD2023 said:

Thank you what this means? Did they receive my file to NVC? it doesn't say about the date of receiving etc? wondering. I sent my USCIS case number in the inquiry site and they just provided a different case number as the correct case number: xxx..etc. Using this correct case number I checked the above site the response was as in the image. Thank you

Not sure what invoice ID they refer to? do we have one? Thanks

On 8/28/2023 at 12:40 PM, kxp said:

Good news today! Response from NVCResearch. 

NOA2 - 8/1

NVC Received - 8/28

How did you do that. I sent an email and I received response to submit in inquiry form. When I submitted in the inquiry form with my USCIS case number, they just sent "your correct case number etc.. xxx####. Is it typical response. When I searched against the corrected case no, this is what the response I get:

image.png.2101137ae9afc7683900844eff66172b.png

I am wondering you mentioned NVC received date; How did you get that date. Thanks

@SP1988 did you submit a public inquiry at the NVC 

that’s how I was able to get my case number from them 

I was persistent I sent 2 inquiries once a week

on the second try they gave me my case number 

@MD2023 you don’t need the invoice number in order to check you case status. You’ll usually receive the invoice number in the NVC welcome letter 

they usually send that via email when they ship out your case to the embassy. 
you can check your case status via the 

Immigrant check status it’ll only ask for your case number. 

in the meantime you can fill out your DS -160 and have that ready for when they ship out your information to the embassy 

On 9/2/2023 at 2:54 PM, K1Sam said:

I finally just got our NOA2 in the mail today but, 23 or 24 days later, is this normal?

Anyway, here's what's strange. I saw our approval online on 8/10 but the notice date is 8/28 and it's valid from 8/09.

I just wonder if 8/28 is the date I should start my NVC countdown from, I'd appreciate your input!

I submitted an inquiry to NVC last week and just got an email with a case number. I have to admit I'm surprised they answered, I'm even more surprised I actually received a case number. I was expecting them to say they haven't even received my case yet. If you read my old post I'm quoting you'll understand why.

NOA1: 6/23/2022

NOA2: 8/28/2022, not sure about this read old post!

Case number received 9/19/2022

I calculated the date the case number was actually created using a method I found on another post, according to that post it mine was created on 9/08/2024.

I'm going to say I just broke some records perhaps!

Edited by K1Sam

15 minutes ago, K1Sam said:

I submitted an inquiry to NVC last week and just got an email with a case number. I have to admit I'm surprised they answered, I'm even more surprised I actually received a case number. I was expecting them to say they haven't even received my case yet. If you read my old post I'm quoting you'll understand why.

I calculated the date the case number was actually created using a method I found on another post, according to that post it mine was created on 9/08/2024.

Of course I meant 9/08/2023, sorry too late to edit!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1Sam said:

Congrats on getting your case number❤️

Probably your real NOA2 was from early August, thats why your case number was created on early September (Your NOA2 date on the letter must be a typo)

My NOA2 was 29 August so I will send my first inquiry next week, hopefully I will get good news too🥰

On 9/18/2023 at 9:56 PM, Wenn_e16 said:

@MD2023 you don’t need the invoice number in order to check you case status. You’ll usually receive the invoice number in the NVC welcome letter 

they usually send that via email when they ship out your case to the embassy. 
you can check your case status via the 

Immigrant check status it’ll only ask for your case number. 

in the meantime you can fill out your DS -160 and have that ready for when they ship out your information to the embassy 

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, K1Sam said:

Hello congrats. Please let me know how did you find the date of receipt? wondering. thanks

8 hours ago, Elays said:

Congrats on getting your case number❤️

Probably your real NOA2 was from early August, thats why your case number was created on early September (Your NOA2 date on the letter must be a typo)

My NOA2 was 29 August so I will send my first inquiry next week, hopefully I will get good news too🥰

Thank you, hopefully you'll get yours soon as well!

4 hours ago, MD2023 said:

Thank you. 

Hello congrats. Please let me know how did you find the date of receipt? wondering. thanks

This post explains how to decode the case number!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.