JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

263 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Mello3 said:

This is the same question we have...the timeline appears to be a 90 day wait but that is not gaurenteed. I'm not going to worry about things that havent happened yet but it is a good question.

90 days to wait for NOA2 in the mail?

Perhaps you mean 90 days to receive your case number from NVC. I was under the impression that it only takes a few days to get NOA2 in the mail. You should worry about it but perhaps not yet, I'm not entirely sure how true it is but it seems you might need it for your AOS petition later on.

It's been 2 weeks now for us, I'm guessing USCIS never printed/shipped it, either that or lost in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, K1Sam said:

90 days to wait for NOA2 in the mail?

Perhaps you mean 90 days to receive your case number from NVC. I was under the impression that it only takes a few days to get NOA2 in the mail. You should worry about it but perhaps not yet, I'm not entirely sure how true it is but it seems you might need it for your AOS petition later on.

It's been 2 weeks now for us, I'm guessing USCIS never printed/shipped it, either that or lost in the mail.

I did mean the 90 day wait to receive the NVC number. I think that was what the other poster was referring to when asking what happens if we do not get it by the deadline on the NOA2. I received my NOA2 in about 2 days from USCIS

18 minutes ago, Mello3 said:

I did mean the 90 day wait to receive the NVC number. I think that was what the other poster was referring to when asking what happens if we do not get it by the deadline on the NOA2. I received my NOA2 in about 2 days from USCIS

Oh boy, I read the wrong post, haha my fault.

I didn't notice you had 2 posts. Well congrats on your NOA2!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey, all! You will soon be inquiring about your case to NVC.
Can you let me know if NVCResearch is still working to get the received? Seems now they refer to the public inquiry only or never even reply.
Thank you!

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Hey, all! You will soon be inquiring about your case to NVC.
Can you let me know if NVCResearch is still working to get the received? Seems now they refer to the public inquiry only or never even reply.
Thank you!

I sent an email to NVC research earlier this week to try to change my address and they responded to me that they haven’t received our case yet. We got our NOA2 on August 10….

Timeline
7 minutes ago, easyeddie said:

I sent an email to NVC research earlier this week to try to change my address and they responded to me that they haven’t received our case yet. We got our NOA2 on August 10….

Oh, perfect! Still working for some. So still worth trying it. Thank you! And I hope you get good news soon.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline

image.thumb.png.3adac68e2be1ade0cb18adfa078c2af6.pngSo this "NVC prosessinf should be complete within 2-4 week" time frame they reference in the NOA-2 is not accurate? Is this just a standard boilerplate form that has not been updated and is inaccurate anymore? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mello3 said:

image.thumb.png.3adac68e2be1ade0cb18adfa078c2af6.pngSo this "NVC prosessinf should be complete within 2-4 week" time frame they reference in the NOA-2 is not accurate? Is this just a standard boilerplate form that has not been updated and is inaccurate anymore? 

I've seen so many errors on NOA2 already, they do pick any template they can find. the 2 to 4 weeks for NVC processing seems correct, but note that they say "after receiving the petition from USCIS". We have no notification whatsoever to know when USCIS sent the petition, March/April NOA2s experienced almost a 70-day wait to know USCIS had sent the petition to NVC.

We started inquiring on day 30 due to the NOA2 advice, but some June people were able to confirm that NVC had received their case by sending an inquiry after day 25 post-NOA2. July NOA2s are seeing super fast NVC waiting times, hoping August is even faster.

I've been collecting this info here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EYPzgGD4-XDFV0hzjhxEfdtu-EHuDZJTJh8ISb80--c/edit?usp=sharing

NOA1:

Timeline

ok another stupid question from me (there will be more) what amount do I need to put into this box on the 1-134? I thought it would be more like a percentage like I will take care of her 100%. How do you calculate what it will cost to take care of another person for a year? does it matteer what state you are in and what the cost of living is there? I dont want to put the wrong answer. 

image.png.762ed4395c2e4bbb158c6bf033ce1d95.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, kxp said:

Since the NVC is about a week behind on replying to emails, I’m submitting my first inquiry today. 🤞 Hopefully they have our case received already!

Submitted my first inquiry yesterday and received a response in less than 12 hours. 

1.png

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mello3 said:

ok another stupid question from me (there will be more) what amount do I need to put into this box on the 1-134? I thought it would be more like a percentage like I will take care of her 100%. How do you calculate what it will cost to take care of another person for a year? does it matteer what state you are in and what the cost of living is there? I dont want to put the wrong answer. 

Sorry, I found there is already a thread about this. Please disregard 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Dan & Sal said:

Submitted my first inquiry yesterday and received a response in less than 12 hours. 

1.png

Congratulations!!! That was fast (I see your NOA2 is July 20). This is actually a reply from NVCResearch, right? They are quicker than NVC Public Inquiry, but they won't give our case numbers and will always point you to the public inquiry now (as far as I know).

1 hour ago, Mello3 said:

image.png.762ed4395c2e4bbb158c6bf033ce1d95.png

As far as I know, this amount needs to match your last income tax return (2022). 
It's great to look and get info and financial evidence for this, but just be aware that this form is expired, we have no idea when USCIS will upload a new one, but maybe just check if a new one is out whenever you approach your interview.

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Good evening,

does the 30 day mark (90 day mark) start once you have your approval letter in hand? or once they approved your I-129F? 

NOA1 July29th

NOA2 August 3rd (received mail on august 12th) 

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, PapiroNP said:

Good evening,

does the 30 day mark (90 day mark) start once you have your approval letter in hand? or once they approved your I-129F? 

NOA1 July29th

NOA2 August 3rd (received mail on august 12th) 

thanks

Based on the approval date written on your hard copy NoA2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.