Rocio0010

Busting the myth that the N400 knocks the 751 lose

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 hours ago, nekotakacho said:

My wife has been waiting for ROC for a year and a half. Her N400 interview is Tuesday (in two business days). She waited about 5 months for her N400 interview. 

I know you are required to file both the ROC and N400. You can’t skip the ROC step. So consider it a formality and hope the N400 solves your problems. Good luck. 

I know I can’t skip ROC. 
What bugs me is the fact that they don’t respect the FIFO order, even though they say they do

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 hours ago, nekotakacho said:

Her N400 interview is Tuesday (in two business days).

Good luck.  It will be a piece of cake. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 6/6/2023 at 10:58 AM, Rocio0010 said:

As some of you may know, I applied for my 751 back in February 2022. My N400 has been pending since February 2023, and it has done nothing to "unlock" my 751. It has somehow been the message in VJ that the N400 speeds up the 751, but I just wanted to throw a word of caution out there and say it is not necessarily the case. So don't have high hopes when you submit the N400 and spend close to $800. 

At this pace, it seems that none of my files have connected to each other, and that my 751 will run its natural course as if I had never submitted the N400.

At the time I write this post we are almost 8 months waiting on our N400.  As for our I751, it will be 20 months waiting very soon.

As I look at the processing times on the USCIS website, Vermont is currently at 28.5 months processing its I751s.  Our local field office in Boston is reporting a 10 month turnaround time for its N400s.  However, anecdotal evidence suggests Boston is running slower than that.  Whatever.

Mentally speaking, we have kicked the I751 turnaround times to the curb.  We are solely focusing on our N400 now.  By the end of December it will be 14 months waiting on our N400.  We're hedging our bets we could get an interview by the end of the year.

With luck we will get a combo interview and that could in fact make filing the N400 a benefit.  It was always in the plan for my wife to go for her citizenship anyway so we filed the N400 at the earliest possible time.

As for WoM, use this approach with great caution.  It is very expensive and you may very well get a decision before it gets executed.

Writing your senator it's about as helpful as hitting your head against the wall.  I was stupid enough to think it could help but they are not helpful at all.  The USCIS doesn't seem to be overly concerned about inquiries from a senator's office.

Edited by TastyCake

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Writing your senator it's about as helpful as hitting your head against the wall.  I was stupid enough to think it could help but they are not helpful at all.  The USCIS doesn't seem to be overly concerned about inquiries from a senator's office.

DIY WoM time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

DIY WoM time.

Question for you, Mike.  If both cases are still within USCIS's processing times, would a WoM still be helpful?

It isn't like we had an interview and a decision is still pending.  I also don't know if it's been long enough given other people's situations.

Firstly, WOM will not jeopardize the ultimate decision on the merit of case. ..so if they decide to respond and challenge the WOM , at most WOM is a dud. 

Of , course no one wants a $5-$ 10 k fizzle. …but worth every DIY effort and approx $400 filing fee to push for a speedier decision. 

It’s the sheer pressure of WOMs that will clear backlogs faster …even for sluggish Field Offices. It is not a a reasonable time frame to allow some wiz by in 4 months while others drag at over 1 year.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Question for you, Mike.  If both cases are still within USCIS's processing times, would a WoM still be helpful?

WoM is a waste of time for N-400. Too soon and the defense can argue that it depends on I-751.

You are approaching 2 years for I-751. When Congress added conditional residency, it was never their intent that USCIS would take years to adjudicate. WoM this now.

Granted, it was never the intent of Congress that  naturalization take more than 3 months: hence the 90 day early filing because Congress felt it was unfair to make applicants with simple cases wait a day over their 3/5 year anniversaries as LPRs. Congress did give INS 120 days to deny or oath a case. And USCIS is gaming the system now.

WoM I-751, get it approved.

Then 30 days later WoM N-400.

Edited by Mike E

15 minutes ago, Mike E said:

WoM is a waste of time for N-400. Too soon and the defense can argue that it depends on I-751.

I am relying on the WOM mass producing YouTube Fellow who stated action on both I-751 and N-400 can be demanded iONE WOM filing…especially as they are indeed interdependent…

Tagging DIY Masters of WOM , for correction if I am off : @igoyougoduke and @Imperium

1 hour ago, Family said:

I am relying on the WOM mass producing YouTube Fellow who stated action on both I-751 and N-400 can be demanded iONE WOM filing…especially as they are indeed interdependent…

Tagging DIY Masters of WOM , for correction if I am off : @igoyougoduke and @Imperium

Yes you can file them together in one WOM if you have filed 751 and n-400 and both are pending 

duh

Timeline

This thread is giving me the stamina to at least consider WoMing USCIS. If don’t hear anything by December, I’ll spend my winter break researching on it. 
But I have my hopes that something good might come my way before then.

Let this be a lesson for future applicants: do not overload your applications, I repeat: DO NOT OVERLOAD YOUR APPLICATIONS 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

USCIS. If don’t hear anything by December

Noooooooo!!!

WoM now.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Noooooooo!!!

WoM now.

Too many things going on -dog training, summer job, and just working on an exhaust pipe after the school year.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

On 6/12/2023 at 5:30 AM, Rocio0010 said:

I know I can’t skip ROC. 
What bugs me is the fact that they don’t respect the FIFO order, even though they say they do

and people are believing that uscis processing times on uscis.gov are real..  may i got to sell ice bridge to eskimos  

duh

On 6/12/2023 at 2:49 PM, TastyCake said:

It isn't like we had an interview and a decision is still pending.  I also don't know if it's been long enough given other people's situations.

USCIS processing time are just as good as your trash is worth the price of gold. just saying those numbers are completely made up junk 

duh

Filed: Other Timeline

I think doing WoM for both may add complexity to it. Strategically, I would file WoM first and get the ROC moved out of the way. It will help push the N400. I do not think N400 will take long after that. Once you have an interview, if there is a delay, invoke your right under 8 U.S.C Section 1447(b)  by depriving USCIS of jurisdiction. It is their worse nightmare.

Most foundamental difference in WoM and Action under Sect 1447(b) is the WoM draw sustenanace from APA and forces an employ to work. While Sect 1447(b) is precisely for naturalization delays AFTER an interview. WoM grant Court and CIS concurrent jurisdiction, while Sect 1447(b) deprives USCIS of jurisdiction once District Court recieves your case.

Since WoM seeks to remedy administrative delay , In my modest openion, WoM for an ROC is the best tool. Tactically, you are trying to caliberate legal pressure on USCIS that is enough to add urgency to your case. Chosing RoC alone gives your case more traction because of an undisputed delay, unlike the N400.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.