junior466

Made a mistake on I-130 (and it was approved)...

29 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, junior466 said:

I plan on sponsoring his son. That should be okay?

Has the son filed US taxes for the last three years? It is okay for you to act as JOINT sponsor but he must still complete his own I864. This is where he will show he has filed US taxes for the last 4 years (unless he has a good reason for not filing). He will also have to submit evidence of intent to reestablish domicile. Final question: when was the last time the son was in the US? 

3 minutes ago, junior466 said:

You reply so fast lol (appreciated). I just noticed you indeed agree that it needs to be corrected. At this stage though, how can this be done?

Put correct physical and mailing address on the I-864 for the Sponsor / Petitioner and Beneficiary. That along with documentation of where he intends to live ( w you) and of course the DS-260 insures all is good 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
7 minutes ago, junior466 said:

@Mike E This reminds me on the step we are on. Should indeed the application be corrected at this stage?

The NVC step is indeed the time to correct physical and mailing addresses. 

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Redro said:

Has the son filed US taxes for the last three years? It is okay for you to act as JOINT sponsor but he must still complete his own I864. This is where he will show he has filed US taxes for the last 4 years (unless he has a good reason for not filing). He will also have to submit evidence of intent to reestablish domicile. Final question: when was the last time the son was in the US? 

He has not. He has never worked and is currently in school. Would that suffice as a reason for not filling (no income)?

but he must still complete his own I864

Why does he have to complete his own I-864? Pardon the question in advance.

Final question: when was the last time the son was in the US? 

Since the time he left...nearly an infant...

Timeline
1 minute ago, junior466 said:

Since the time he left...nearly an infant

Does he plan to live in the U.S. after his father enters the U.S. on his IR-5?

1 minute ago, junior466 said:

Why does he have to complete his own I-864? Pardon the question in advance.

He is petitioning his father. So, he has to complete the I864. As he does not have sufficient income you can can act as joint sponsor but he will still be the primary sponsor. 

7 minutes ago, junior466 said:

He has not. He has never worked and is currently in school. Would that suffice as a reason for not filling (no income)?

When will he graduate? He is planning on moving back to the US now? Not just petitioning his father so the father can move while he stays in Brazil? 

Edited by Redro

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Redro said:

When will he graduate? He is planning on moving back to the US now? Not just petitioning his father so the father can move while he stays in Brazil? 

No, he plans to stay in the US. He actually finishes school next month. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, junior466 said:

So for a country like Brazil, what would your recommendation be? I see that you are knowledgeable in this area and would trust your advice 100%.

if u r USC or LPR,  yes, u can be joint sponsor and file I 864a with supporting IRS tax returns and proof of US residence

he still is the primary sponsor filing out I 864 with supporting documents such as proof of US residence 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, junior466 said:

I assume by just filling out the correct information and they will catch the mistake and adjust or will he have to make a note of it?

Does not hurt to note it at the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
17 hours ago, junior466 said:

You can't do this. 

The son is the one to sponsor his dad. 

Since he doesn't meet income, you're a joint sponsor. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.