Adventine

I-751 June 2023 Filers

143 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, analitikas said:

Worst case scenario you get an RFE?

And delay associated with it.

And potentially and interview, whereas it may be waived if enough evidence is provided.

It's not the volume that matters, it's the quality of evidence.

Edited by OldUser

My package is just about 500 pages, mostly because of the bank account statements.

I would much rather avoid an interview or an RFE. Sending a high quality package saves time, money and energy in the long run.

@Kurt and Kristina I've been monitoring the news and the official USCIS fee calculator but so far, the fees are still the same: https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator

Glad to join this awesome community. I’ll be filing this June and so happy to ride it through with you guys. I’m beginning to gather documents. So far this is what I have, but do I need to print all bank statements for all the years ?

Joint tax returns from the previous 3 years

Joint bank statements

Copies of driver’s licenses showing the same address

Copy of Deed and old lease agreement with both names

Copies of joint credit card statements 

Copies of joint utilities and cell phone bills

Copies of life insurance policies naming my spouse as a beneficiary

Copies of Dental, Vision and Health cards

Joint retirement and savings account statements 

Joint airline/vacation reservations since married

Joint gym membership 

New Photos of us and with family since greencard

Birth announcements, photos, sonogram of our baby and lots of baby family photos.

Joint trading account statement.

Got a family and friend that’s willing to sign an affidavit confirming the authenticity of our marriage.

Edited by Tropical_Man1

@Tropical_Man I printed out all our joint bank account statements from our marriage to present.

Your evidence looks really good as a whole, but I don't think you don't need the baby sonogram or birth announcements. The birth certificate and a few high quality family photos are enough evidence about your new baby.

1 hour ago, Adventine said:

@Tropical_Man I printed out all our joint bank account statements from our marriage to present.

Your evidence looks really good as a whole, but I don't think you don't need the baby sonogram or birth announcements. The birth certificate and a few high quality family photos are enough evidence about your new baby.

Ahh yes, the birth certificate is very important - I’ll definitely add that, thanks for reminding me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/30/2023 at 7:46 AM, analitikas said:

I am preparing the documents now, but I was seeing all the 500+ page evidence examples across these forums. Makes me wonder if that is necessary. Worst case scenario you get an RFE?

In my opinion completely not necessary. Our I-751 submission was this month (May 2023) and was less than 100 pages. The 48-month extension and waived biometrics letters were received less than two weeks later.

Removal of conditions

05-02-23 I-751 sent via FedEx.

05-03-23 I-751 delivered to USCIS address in Tempe AZ.

05-09-23 Check for $680 cashed.

05-15-23 Received I-797 NOA (48-month extension). A separate letter saying biometrics to be re-used. A third letter giving online access code.

1 minute ago, FeelingYoung66 said:

In my opinion completely not necessary. Our I-751 submission was this month (May 2023) and was less than 100 pages. The 48-month extension and waived biometrics letters were received less than two weeks later.

Thanks for the clarification I was scared seeing all the huge paperwork. But if you don’t mind, can you please share what documents you filed ? Thanks 

9 minutes ago, FeelingYoung66 said:

I am definitely in your camp. definitely less than 100 pages 

32 minutes ago, analitikas said:

I am definitely in your camp. definitely less than 100 pages 

@FeelingYoung66 @analitikas @Tropical_Man1 It is not about the quantity of the pages.  Instead, it is about the quality.

I have not gone back to read through the thread.  But, could you please share the documentation you both sent?

Also, getting the extension and the biometrics does not mean you will not get an RFE, interview, etc.  Since they haven't actually reviewed the case to determine if your submission is enough.

Edited by Fe.Ta
NA

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tropical_Man1 said:

Thanks for the clarification I was scared seeing all the huge paperwork. But if you don’t mind, can you please share what documents you filed ? Thanks 

Sure.

1) Three years of Federal Tax transcripts - Married filing jointly

2) A six-month apartment lease in both names.

3) My wife's car lease that I co-signed. (A BMW. I spoil her.)

4) Auto insurance policy in both names.

5) Homeowner's insurance policy in both names.

6) Three credit card statements showing joint use of one credit card account. One monthly statement chosen from each year, 2020,2021,2022. 

7) Four well-written affidavit letters from friends and relatives.

8) Several photos of my wife and I traveling together and at a family get-together. 

Of note is that my wife and I do not have any joint bank, credit union, or investment accounts, so no evidence was included that we did.

Edited by FeelingYoung66

Removal of conditions

05-02-23 I-751 sent via FedEx.

05-03-23 I-751 delivered to USCIS address in Tempe AZ.

05-09-23 Check for $680 cashed.

05-15-23 Received I-797 NOA (48-month extension). A separate letter saying biometrics to be re-used. A third letter giving online access code.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.