Doggy_11

Ran out of appointment reschedules-Can I submit another DS-160 tomake another appointment

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have exhausted my Tourist Visa interview reschedules. I called the embassy and they said i can just cancel my interview and pay the fee again and that will allow me to schedule and reschedule my appointment 8 more times.

That's fine, and I understand that but can I submit another DS-160 and schedule the appointment?

Also if i do that will it affect the existing DS-160?

I dont want to risk canceling the one that I already have, because with that one I already have an appointment date guaranteed. In case the new DS-160 cannot get a sooner appointment date than my original DS-160.

Edited by Doggy_11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

??

You want to do another DS-160 in the hopes you can get an earlier interview date?

And you already rescheduled 8 times in getting the date you have now?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Doggy_11 said:

I have exhausted my Tourist Visa interview reschedules. I called the embassy and they said i can just cancel my interview and pay the fee again and that will allow me to schedule and reschedule my appointment 8 more times.

That's fine, and I understand that but can I submit another DS-160 and schedule the appointment?

Also if i do that will it affect the existing DS-160?

I dont want to risk canceling the one that I already have, because with that one I already have an appointment date guaranteed. In case the new DS-160 cannot get a sooner appointment date than my original DS-160.

How long is the current wait time in India when you apply for DS-160.. and how long did you have to wait to get an interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I thought you are a USC?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 5/30/2023 at 8:07 AM, Crazy Cat said:

[edited out]

The wait time is 2 years in India for a B2. So the only hope to get the interview faster is rescheduling appointments multiple times because the earliest someone could get is 2025.

Edited by TBoneTX
quotes removed post

18 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

??

You want to do another DS-160 in the hopes you can get an earlier interview date?

And you already rescheduled 8 times in getting the date you have now?

This is not an immigrant visa if you read it correctly, sometimes people want to bring their very old parents on B2. However the wait times are years. So people have to keep on trying rescheduling interviews multiple times in order to get something sooner.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Divs1 said:

I think it has been changed or maybe depends country to country. 

24 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The odd thing is that where I have seen this before rescheduling has been limited to 2 maybe 3, never seen 8 before.

Have you seen 2 years waiting time just to get visit visa before...?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pearlcity said:

Have you seen 2 years waiting time just to get visit visa before...?

Yes

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Boiler said:

What is the answer, let us get back to the subject.

If it was me in the position, I would make 100 rescheduling for my old parents. What’s the shame in that? What? Can anyone tell me? 
if someone is trying so hard for their family, that’s B2 and not even immigration, where’s the problem? I don’t feel ashamed for trying for my family. 
Also because, this is the only way it works in India. When you try to reschedule it, it’s only for a few days before so people keep on trying in the hope that they will find something sooner. So rescheduling 8 times would mean that the person has managed to booked 2 months earlier. A lot of people doesn’t even know the number of times rescheduling. 1.5 years slots from today are all booked. 

So the person who posted this asked a very simple question that they already have an appointment, however they wanna find something sooner and asked for some advice, so if anyone has gone through the similar situation would share their thoughts would be a great help to a lot of people. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Divs1 said:

If it was me in the position, I would make 100 rescheduling for my old parents. What’s the shame in that? What? Can anyone tell me? 
if someone is trying so hard for their family, that’s B2 and not even immigration, where’s the problem? I don’t feel ashamed for trying for my family. 
Also because, this is the only way it works in India. When you try to reschedule it, it’s only for a few days before so people keep on trying in the hope that they will find something sooner. So rescheduling 8 times would mean that the person has managed to booked 2 months earlier. A lot of people doesn’t even know the number of times rescheduling. 1.5 years slots from today are all booked. 

So the person who posted this asked a very simple question that they already have an appointment, however they wanna find something sooner and asked for some advice, so if anyone has gone through the similar situation would share their thoughts would be a great help to a lot of people. 

That is not the question, he has used how many attempts he or she has so to try rescheduling would mean cancelling the current application and starting again.

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

That is not the question, he has used how many attempts he or she has so to try rescheduling would mean cancelling the current application and starting again.

Yes you’re right, so after exhausting all the reschedule attempts, the person has to cancel the appointment that they already have and pay the visa fee again and then they would get another 8.

So the question was would they keep the current one that they already have or make a new seperate DS160 and apply again.
At this point only someone who has done this can help because the system might not take another DS160, might show it’s duplicate OR if you google it will show you can do this by saying the other one was a mistake. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Divs1 said:

At this point only someone who has done this can help

What is your experience rescheduling a B2 visa several times?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Divs1 said:

Yes you’re right, so after exhausting all the reschedule attempts, the person has to cancel the appointment that they already have and pay the visa fee again and then they would get another 8.

So the question was would they keep the current one that they already have or make a new seperate DS160 and apply again.
At this point only someone who has done this can help because the system might not take another DS160, might show it’s duplicate OR if you google it will show you can do this by saying the other one was a mistake. 

If you cancel your DS160 your appointment would go back into the pool and no doubt be snapped up by someone else looking to get an earlier appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.