imadajoubar

Parents visit usa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They need a B2 visa, you can always travel with them.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 hours ago, imadajoubar said:

also they don't speak English;

what lsnguage do they speak?

2 hours ago, imadajoubar said:

they will need help through airplane and airports I don't know how I can help them ?

You can order wheel chair assistance. The person pushing their chair will get them to where they need to be.

It is B-2 or ESTA visa, as some of the VJ members have already replied.

Application process depends on the country your parents reside in. You need to look it up on the website of the US Embassy located in your country of origin. 

If you can't travel with your parents: 1) let them know that they will provide an interpreter at the passport control (either in person, or over the phone). 2) Advise them what questions to expect at the passport control and how to answer them (e.g., "what is the purpose of your trip?" "Tourism and visiting our son/daughter"; or "how long do you intend to stay?" etc.). Again, practice possible questions/answers with them in your native language as your parents will be provided an interpreter. 3) Ordering a wheelchair assistance, as Mike E recommended, is probably the least stressful option for them to go around the airport upon landing in the States. 4) If they have smartphones, teach them how to use one of those voice traslator apps. It will be helpful during their visit or in case the wheelchair service will not be available at the airport for some reason. 

But first concentrate on getting a visa. Everything esle is easy-peasy 

10 hours ago, imadajoubar said:

Hello, I am a  USA citizen,my parents want to come to visit me in USA but I don't know what visa they need to apply for and how ?also they don't speak English; they will need help through airplane and airports I don't know how I can help them ? Thank you 

Depending on the language they speak and the route they fly to the US - there could be flight attendants who speak their language and airport workers speaking their language when (if) they transit. 

First - you need to secure the tourist visa or the ESTA for them. If they need a tourist visa, they should be able to interview in their language. You can complete the DS160s for them and pay the fee if they are unable to read and write English. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Use this site to see wait times for tourist visa as many embassies have long wait times for the interview 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html

and agree airport and airline personal  speak several languages / use wheelchair assistance if needed

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
15 hours ago, imadajoubar said:

Hello, I am a  USA citizen,my parents want to come to visit me in USA but I don't know what visa they need to apply for and how ?also they don't speak English; they will need help through airplane and airports I don't know how I can help them ? Thank you 

They need a B2 visa. I usually draft my folks 2 paragraphs before they travel. They print it and show it at the border. The content is usually as simple as why they are coming, how long they will stay and the contact info in case someone has to get in touch with me.

as for navigating through airports, get them roaming and call when needed to guide them.

this worked every time. Eventually they learned it all themselves.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
20 hours ago, imadajoubar said:

My Mother visited me many times, She did not speak one word of English. Every time she had to change  planes, no problem.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
9 minutes ago, imadajoubar said:

How long wait time from submission of application till interview?

Varies by Consulate.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 hours ago, imadajoubar said:

7 hours ago, Boiler said:

Varies by Consulate.

Imadajoubar, please research on the website of the US Embassy/Consulate in the country your parents reside in. Wating time varies immensely depending on the country of residence or the country of origin: from a couple of weeks up to a year or even longer. 

17 hours ago, imadajoubar said:

That’s like asking how long is a piece of string.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.