balba

Passed N400 Interview BUT...

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Background:

Filed I-751, then I got an Appt for biometric, which I've completed. A few months later I got a 24-month extension letter, then I was told that I'll have to wait for an interview. A few more months passed, then came the time to file for N400, which I did. Fast fwd a few more months, then I received a later saying my card is being printed and will ship shortly!!! I've received my 10-year GC (no interview!), so I kept waiting for my N400 Appt. A few weeks later I received a letter saying that my I-751 is still being processed!!! What????!!! So I figured this was just b/c they're swamped someone screwed up and though that my I-751 application was still being processed, when in fact I've already received my 10-year GC!!!

Anyway, a couple of months later, I received a letter for my N400 Appt!!! 4 Weeks later, I went for my interview. Folks who came after me kept going in and coming out "happy", I've waited almost 2 hrs, then someone came out and told me that I cannot take the test, b/c I haven't received my 10-year GC yet!!! I was floored! I showed him my 10-year GC, then he was floored!!! He took it to the back to make a copy (he said). Waited again for at least 30 min, then he came back and said in the systems its shows that my I-751 is still being processed and that's probably an error. He asked if I'm ready to take my N400 test. I did take it and I passed. BUT...instead of handing me an Appt date for the swearing ceremony (as others got), he gave me a paper saying that I passed my N400 test, the he told me that I he requested that my file be mailed to him so he can review it and mail out the Oath ceremony date!!!

"It's all good , you passed and have nothing to worry about, just keep an eye on the mail for the swearing ceremony Appt letter" he said!  It's been 4+ weeks now, and I have not heard anything back from USCIS! My UCCIS account and case tracking still says "N400 Appt Scheduled...."

Anyway to check on the status of my case is greatly appreciated!

Balba

Edited by balba

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, balba said:

Personally, I would contact my state Senator's office and ask them to get you the status of your case. However, it is quite normal for USCIS to review your file before final approval of the N-400.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Personally, I would contact my state Senator's office and ask them to get you the status of your case. However, it is quite normal for USCIS to review your file before final approval of the N-400.

Thanks for the quick response! Yeah I guess that's "normal". I've asked him how long it'll take for him to get my file, but he didn't know, so he didn't give an answer. My concern is, that he may completely forget about it, as sometimes things like these may go into a black hole!

Edited by balba

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, balba said:

Thanks for the quick response! Yeah I guess that's "normal". I've asked him how long it'll take for him to get my file, but he didn't know, so he didn't give an answer. My concerns is, that he may completely forget about it, as sometimes things like these may go into a black hole!

Your Senator's office can jog his memory....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You should have his name on some of the paperwork, so you should try to contact him locally directly if possible. As much as I hate USCIS, most of the IO's I encountered were very nice, but there was one, but anyway, You can contact your senators office and have them inquire, but try the polite way first as hard as it is, especially being this close to the end, and then if a reasonable amount of time has passed with no results, I agree with hitting them full bore with a full on lawsuit. You are at 4 weeks, and that is about the right amount of time for something to happen, I think you will see an oath notice in the next week or so. Good luck, and hang in there, you are almost done, and my wife just became a citizen in April, so trust me I understand where your at.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Many are getting bogus letters causing a great deal of anxiety

i think it is new and poorly trained staff following covid and loss of many USICS staff officers

and u would not get a letter with the oath date/ that will come in the mail or email with instructions to fill out the questions on back side at the oath 

here is the oath schedule for San Diego thru September of 2023

https://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/clerk-services/naturalization-ceremony-locations-and-schedule

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, balba said:

Background:

Filed I-751, then I got an Appt for biometric, which I've completed. A few months later I got a 24-month extension letter, then I was told that I'll have to wait for an interview. A few more months passed, then came the time to file for N400, which I did. Fast fwd a few more months, then I received a later saying my card is being printed and will ship shortly!!! I've received my 10-year GC (no interview!), so I kept waiting for my N400 Appt. A few weeks later I received a letter saying that my I-751 is still being processed!!! What????!!! So I figured this was just b/c they're swamped someone screwed up and though that my I-751 application was still being processed, when in fact I've already received my 10-year GC!!!

Anyway, a couple of months later, I received a letter for my N400 Appt!!! 4 Weeks later, I went for my interview. Folks who came after me kept going in and coming out "happy", I've waited almost 2 hrs, then someone came out and told me that I cannot take the test, b/c I haven't received my 10-year GC yet!!! I was floored! I showed him my 10-year GC, then he was floored!!! He took it to the back to make a copy (he said). Waited again for at least 30 min, then he came back and said in the systems its shows that my I-751 is still being processed and that's probably an error. He asked if I'm ready to take my N400 test. I did take it and I passed. BUT...instead of handing me an Appt date for the swearing ceremony (as others got), he gave me a paper saying that I passed my N400 test, the he told me that I he requested that my file be mailed to him so he can review it and mail out the Oath ceremony date!!!

"It's all good , you passed and have nothing to worry about, just keep an eye on the mail for the swearing ceremony Appt letter" he said!  It's been 4+ weeks now, and I have not heard anything back from USCIS! My UCCIS account and case tracking still says "N400 Appt Scheduled...."

Balba

Congratulations on passing your n400, USCIS is backlogged now so they may have forgotten to update your status in the system and yes your physical file for the ROC was not with them that is why he says he needs it so he can review it, I had the same situation but My interview was cancelled 3hrs before it happened, I waited for about 5-6weeks for a new date and yes I was approved for ROC without second interview too (cr1 visa). Just hang in there you will be getting your oath ceremony notice once they go through your ROC file, if you were approved without interview it means they were satisfied on that part so no need to panic.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, balba said:

My husband (also Moroccan) and I had a similar experience. We went to the interview, about 3 hours drive from where we live and it was something about the 10 year green card file not being received yet (unlike you he had not received his). We reached out to the senator's office, got the 10 year green card a month later, and his N400 interview a few months after that. Inshallah yours will be going through soon. 

Timeline

after u take the oath update your social security info with nearest SS office as i makes u eligible for other benefits like some jobs that require US citizenship

Timeline
22 hours ago, Loren Y said:

You should have his name on some of the paperwork, so you should try to contact him locally directly if possible. As much as I hate USCIS, most of the IO's I encountered were very nice, but there was one, but anyway, You can contact your senators office and have them inquire, but try the polite way first as hard as it is, especially being this close to the end, and then if a reasonable amount of time has passed with no results, I agree with hitting them full bore with a full on lawsuit. You are at 4 weeks, and that is about the right amount of time for something to happen, I think you will see an oath notice in the next week or so. Good luck, and hang in there, you are almost done, and my wife just became a citizen in April, so trust me I understand where your at.

Yes, I do have his name, I think. Thank you for your advice and kind words.

Edited by balba

Timeline
19 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

after u take the oath update your social security info with nearest SS office as i makes u eligible for other benefits like some jobs that require US citizenship

That's good to know. Thank you!

20 hours ago, h02ejmajja said:

My husband (also Moroccan) and I had a similar experience. We went to the interview, about 3 hours drive from where we live and it was something about the 10 year green card file not being received yet (unlike you he had not received his). We reached out to the senator's office, got the 10 year green card a month later, and his N400 interview a few months after that. Inshallah yours will be going through soon. 

InshaAllah. Thank you all for your support!

Timeline
51 minutes ago, balba said:

That's good to know. Thank you!

InshaAllah. Thank you all for your support!

if u plan to ever file for a parent or sibling its also a good idea to keep all documents u did for this visa and citizenship for any questions a new petition might ask

allah yekbel for all future in US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.