vernon22

Should I bring wedding photos to aos interview?

11 posts in this topic

My wife has her adjustment of status interview coming up in about 2 weeks in Norfolk Va. Of course I have to go with her since I'm her spouse. Should I bring wedding photos with us for this? I have read where some say yes and others say it's a good idea but they don't always ask for them. I'm just wondering how many should I bring and if I should bring some at all. 

1 hour ago, vernon22 said:

My wife has her adjustment of status interview coming up in about 2 weeks in Norfolk Va. Of course I have to go with her since I'm her spouse. Should I bring wedding photos with us for this? I have read where some say yes and others say it's a good idea but they don't always ask for them. I'm just wondering how many should I bring and if I should bring some at all. 

Bring a couple of pictures since you first met, wedding, and up to the point of the AOS interview.  Be selective, don't bring them all.  But, do bring some.  It is better to have them and not need them than not have them at all.

Our officer did ask for pictures, even though we had submitted them throughout our process (we included some with the K1 and some with the AOS).  She was a few months from retiring and had been doing it for a while.  She stated that she always looked at pictures because she could tell when something is being faked (or not).  So, again, be selective, maybe include ones with friends and family and some that are not as posed (like when they take it and you are not looking, etc).

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

2 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

You are supposed bring evidence of bona fide marriage that you accumulated since filing, I suppose you could bring those photos but do hope you have stronger evidence than that. 

Also, this.  Pictures are only to compliment your evidence - they do not have enough weight on their own.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

Also, this.  Pictures are only to compliment your evidence - they do not have enough weight on their own.

Yes I do plan on bringing other things as well. I was asking about the photos because every website and other venues that I have looked into all say the same thing, it would be a good idea to bring photos. But no that’s not all I plan on bringing so I do realize that photos alone will not prove anything. My main concern was how many of them to bring and that’s regardless of whether or not the officer decides to look at them or not.

Even though i was not asked to present any evidence at the interview, I brought about 7-8 photos from various times throughout our relationship/marriage as described by @Fe.Ta About 2 of those were from the ceremony 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We didn't bring photos and weren't asked for any either, we actually never took any photos of the wedding ceremony as it was just me and hubby at the courthouse.

The IO asked for other evidence. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

We brought zero photos and didn't include any with the application either. The officer browsed through our file while muttering "Good, good, solid...no photos?" at which point we responded, "Nope, we're not really part of the selfie generation". That made the officer chuckle, he just responded "Yeah, me neither..." and that was pretty much it after a basic question on how we met.

I can see photos playing a small role if the rest of the evidence is weak, but otherwise not very useful.

20 hours ago, vernon22 said:

Yes!!   Our USCIS officer wanted to see them.   LOL, we had eloped, and they were mostly selfies, but at least we had them with us.

20 hours ago, vernon22 said:

Yes I do plan on bringing other things as well. I was asking about the photos because every website and other venues that I have looked into all say the same thing, it would be a good idea to bring photos. But no that’s not all I plan on bringing so I do realize that photos alone will not prove anything. My main concern was how many of them to bring and that’s regardless of whether or not the officer decides to look at them or not.

As others have said, if you have them, bring a couple of them.  If you are not the type of couple that takes pictures, do not fabricate them.  It is just one of those things that if you have it, bring it, but do not go out of your way to get them, since there is a 50/50 chance - it depends on the officer - that you will be asked for them.  If you are the type that takes lots of pictures, do not overdo it either.  Be mindful of what you are trying to say with the pictures and how you are supporting your case/story.  This is one of those things that both things can be true at once (officer will ask for pictures/officer will not ask for pictures) and none of us can tell you exactly what will happen except our personal experiences.  I always tell people (besides including the obvious evidence and the ones that have a lot of weight), you know your case, what you feel can help you, and what brings you peace of mind.  There are people that feel comfortable with a lot and others with less - it will depend on you.  I have seen people on VJ that almost invite the officer to their bedroom and TMI while others have sent less than the minimum and both extremes have gotten results across the spectrum (approved/RFE/rejected).

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We brought a copy of the photos we submitted with original app (although officer told us it wasn't needed since she had that info already) and then 4-5 photos from that point until AOS. In our case, our officer cared more about our wedding picture than anything else. Those were the ones that were saved with our file. Of course we brought electricity, internet, insurance bills, etc, but photos were the heavy weight. Definitely bring photos since you have no clue what your officer is interested in.

FYI we got a senior officer who was notorious for rejecting apps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.