Cynnbean

Moroccan panel physician Dr Janah- Retaliation against my fiance

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
30 minutes ago, PaulaCJohnny said:

I do not think you can just do that. Some doctor sent the information directly to the Consulate. In your case, the Doctor told that he will delivery to your fiancé?

Check this first so you will not expend more money and time if in the end will create more confusion.

There is it nothing to approve on a medical exam. The Doctor rude or not will not just put his career in jeopardy lying about a patient just because the didn’t like him. IMO.

This process is stressing and sometimes we overthink things. I’m not saying that your fiancé has no reason to complain about a rude doctor, but the doctor can not just put there: Please disapprove this person because I don’t like him. 
He have no power.

Try to find out first when will the results be ready and if they will give to your fiancé or to the Consulate.

Just one question. When was the medical exams? Because I saw in your profile that your interview was about 1 month ago. Was the medical done before or after?

What is the status after the interview?

Thank you for asking. The interview has been completed but we were given 221g and placed in AP due to missing medical. The situation in Morocco is so backlogged in terms of medicals that most people are having the medical exam after the interview. They are really backlogged. We only have the choice of 3 doctors, 2 of which we share with Canada. 

For us, there is no such thing as sending the results to the consulate directly because the doctor gives us the medical and we have to send it to the consulate vis courier with the passport. Thats why we are stuck. I dont know if it is like this in other countries but the physicians the US consulate has in Morocco are so backlogged and unresponsive, getting a medical is extremely hard. (My fiance had to call 90x a day for a week and had to travel across his country to get it in person)

Anyway, I know it sounds hard to believe but that doctor does retaliate against people and my fiance actually heard him say he would delay us and make him struggle because of things he didnt like about my fiance. This doctor has been accused of sexual harassment and threatening people to fail their exams for various reasons. It might be hard for you to believe but Morocco is very corrupt. This doctor has many issues and the US consulate keeps covering for him. 

Im not really sure why my post is not in the middle east and north africa forum. i thought I tagged Morocco

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Something is missing in this story. 
There is always a trigger. He will not just retaliate for no reason, something must have happened, he is not gonna just single out your fiancé like that.

That same Dr. Has completed the medical for a lot of applicants in Morocco and he is still approved by the consulate.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
1 hour ago, etrangais said:

Something is missing in this story. 
There is always a trigger. He will not just retaliate for no reason, something must have happened, he is not gonna just single out your fiancé like that.

That same Dr. Has completed the medical for a lot of applicants in Morocco and he is still approved by the consulate.

That same doctor had a couple come in and argue with him to remove them from the system while my fiance was there. Dr Janah threatened to report them to the consulate. They had a screaming match. 

that same doctor threatened to fail a woman if she did not give him her sisters name and phone number because he liked her sister. 

That same doctor had issues with the consulate just this last March in regards to medical appointments and favoritism. 

i could go on an on. And yes I did not tell the full story because the trigger as you call it was so ###### stupid. My fiance arrived at 9 am and it was empty. The doctor was with his assistant in his private office. When they heard him walk in, the doctor and assistant came out in a rush and the doctor was yelling at my fiance that he did not schedule him at that time. He was kicking him out. My fiance insisted he was scheduled at 9. The doctor started screaming at him insulting him, then he checked the system and they confirmed he was indeed scheduled at 9 am. The doctor was pissed. Like I said, the reason was stupid. From

then on he was extremely rude and unprofessional towards my fiance. 

Timeline

This post isnt intended for people to speculate why the doctor did this to my fiance. i already know. My fiance didnt do anything this doctor is already known to be like this. Our mistake was accepting the appointment in the first place we were just desperate for a medical. The point of this post is to ask if anyone has gone through this with Dr Janah and what they did to move forward thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just a suggestion, but when dealing with anyone in the K1 process whether in this country or the country of the beneficiary, how about we refrain from arguing and getting into screaming matches with decision makers. 

But the good news for you is that you say there is an ample history of this doctor doing this with plenty of complaints against him at the consulate, so I am sure your accusations against him will be well received and it will be smooth sailing.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, MarJhi said:

Just a suggestion, but when dealing with anyone in the K1 process whether in this country or the country of the beneficiary, how about we refrain from arguing and getting into screaming matches with decision makers. 

But the good news for you is that you say there is an ample history of this doctor doing this with plenty of complaints against him at the consulate, so I am sure your accusations against him will be well received and it will be smooth sailing.

I appreciate the suggestion but we werent the ones in screaming matches and the DR is always the  one screaming at people and threatening them. I dont really blame that couple for defending themselves. 

Either way, this is Morocco and perhaps only those who deal with life in Morocco can understand this. But yes, the history of complaints corroborates our experience. I hope anyone that has experienced it can let me know what the end result was if any. 

Sorry for what happened to your fiancé, I think you should contact the consulate to make sure they know ahead of time in case he retaliates against your fiance. I know for a fact that those 3 doctors and their staff are rude, when i called them to schedule an appointment, Janah said he's booked for April, I asked about May, they said they can't tell me now, and i would have to call back in May, similar stories with other doctors, after I contacted the embassy explaining that my expedite request is pretty much useless since i can't even schedule the medical until June or July, the consulate made one of them provide an appointment to me, the funny thing is, I got it in April where that doctor told me she will be on vacation, i know many people that have to bribe their staff to just get an earlier appointment. In my opinion, the consulate is creating this issue because of limited doctors and the huge number of DV candidates, they should expand the physicians' list to loosen up their power.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 5/5/2023 at 8:45 PM, Cynnbean said:

Oh okay, my apologies. No, I was not there. My fiance thinks that the doctor has a really short temper and has some kind of power trip over people. My fiance was asking questions about the vaccines and the doctor got annoyed and started yelling at him calling him stupid. I mean who wouldn't want to know about a vaccine you are being administered? Anyway, that doctor is bad news. Just trying to see if anyone experienced anything similar where they completed the medical but the doctor did not issue approval and made up bullshit to delay us on purpose. 

How do u know it was not completed?

did he have the crest x ray or is waiting for blood work or vaccines?

the file could have been sent to embassy

Did he have interview prior to dr appointment as many have to do and CO just waits for medical papers?   If so,  the medical papers will go direct to embassy

Timeline

the consulate will note the rudeness but understand they are limited in chose of Dr's who want to do these exams

and yes, they can be rude so to others ,  it in the nature of many who are questioned when they expect to do the questioning

Timeline
On 5/6/2023 at 6:19 PM, A&J22 said:

Sorry for what happened to your fiancé, I think you should contact the consulate to make sure they know ahead of time in case he retaliates against your fiance. I know for a fact that those 3 doctors and their staff are rude, when i called them to schedule an appointment, Janah said he's booked for April, I asked about May, they said they can't tell me now, and i would have to call back in May, similar stories with other doctors, after I contacted the embassy explaining that my expedite request is pretty much useless since i can't even schedule the medical until June or July, the consulate made one of them provide an appointment to me, the funny thing is, I got it in April where that doctor told me she will be on vacation, i know many people that have to bribe their staff to just get an earlier appointment. In my opinion, the consulate is creating this issue because of limited doctors and the huge number of DV candidates, they should expand the physicians' list to loosen up their power.

Thank you, I felt like I was going crazy with everyone in this thread acting like I was making this up or WE were the problem. Only those of us dealing with the process in Morocco can understand how crazy it is. My fiance had to call 90x a day at some point and all staff were rude from all 3 doctors. I understand they are slammed but that is not an excuse to treat people the way they do. I know that Fihri and Berrada are actually professional the day of the medical though from people that I know that completed their medicals with them. I have emailed the consulate to report Janah. I can see they updated the last date my case was updated on CEAC but the status is still refused. And its my understanding that I still need the documents from Janah to be able to send my fiancé's passport via aramex to the consulate with the 221g form 

Timeline
12 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

How do u know it was not completed?

did he have the crest x ray or is waiting for blood work or vaccines?

the file could have been sent to embassy

Did he have interview prior to dr appointment as many have to do and CO just waits for medical papers?   If so,  the medical papers will go direct to embassy

We already had the interview and are in AP due to the medical being after the interview,

What I mean by it has not been completed is that Janah refused to give us the paper we need to send to the consulate. we need a white paper and a CD from Janah. We never received this, the consulate told us that we need to send proof of the medical being completed with the 221g form and the passport via aramex

1 hour ago, Cynnbean said:

Thank you, I felt like I was going crazy with everyone in this thread acting like I was making this up or WE were the problem. Only those of us dealing with the process in Morocco can understand how crazy it is. My fiance had to call 90x a day at some point and all staff were rude from all 3 doctors. I understand they are slammed but that is not an excuse to treat people the way they do. I know that Fihri and Berrada are actually professional the day of the medical though from people that I know that completed their medicals with them. I have emailed the consulate to report Janah. I can see they updated the last date my case was updated on CEAC but the status is still refused. And its my understanding that I still need the documents from Janah to be able to send my fiancé's passport via aramex to the consulate with the 221g form 

Trust me, I know how they are, my wife called all of them multiple times and no one even answered, I called from the US with my US number and they all answered during the same time my wife called, they're corrupt, I know for some people, it's hard to believe, but I know this for fact, it's not an analysis or assumption, it's a fact from close friends and family members who paid the staff to get an earlier appointment after they were told nothing is available for a month or 2. I do agree that Fihri at least is professional during the exam, I can't speak of the others.

Edited by A&J22

Timeline
On 5/8/2023 at 10:04 PM, Cynnbean said:

Those of us going thru Moroc do understand

when i presented my papers to a judge to marry ,  he said my IRS trranscript said single and i was widowed /i said to Adil ,  make him understand that single means living alone -not married now . Adil said judge wanted money  100 dh to approve and Adil would not pay it.   so, back to translator to change the arabic IRS statement to widow.  and then chasing him to 3 different cities to have him sign the marriage application,   Same when someone is arrested/ no trial/  family collects as much money as possible to pay a judge for a lighter sentence.

But to OP
I know embassy said send passport and medical thru Aramex but that is for NO ISSUES WITH THE DR

Dr can chose to send the medical /its his choice

and u may be looking at K1 denial and need to marry and go spouse visa

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
9 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Those of us going thru Moroc do understand

when i presented my papers to a judge to marry ,  he said my IRS trranscript said single and i was widowed /i said to Adil ,  make him understand that single means living alone -not married now . Adil said judge wanted money  100 dh to approve and Adil would not pay it.   so, back to translator to change the arabic IRS statement to widow.  and then chasing him to 3 different cities to have him sign the marriage application,   Same when someone is arrested/ no trial/  family collects as much money as possible to pay a judge for a lighter sentence.

But to OP
I know embassy said send passport and medical thru Aramex but that is for NO ISSUES WITH THE DR

Dr can chose to send the medical /its his choice

and u may be looking at K1 denial and need to marry and go spouse visa

Thanks for sharing yeah Morocco is corrupt. 
i have an update. The US consulate received my formal complaint on Dr Janah and took action.  God bless American democracy 🙌🏼🙌🏼 We are all set 🥳 ill update my timeline once we have the visa in hand inshallah. 

Edited by Cynnbean
Added detail

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cynnbean said:

Thanks for sharing yeah Morocco is corrupt. 
i have an update. The US consulate received my formal complaint on Dr Janah and took action.  God bless American democracy 🙌🏼🙌🏼 We are all set 🥳 ill update my timeline once we have the visa in hand inshallah. 

Many countries are corrupt/ u need to understand and be prepared and not loose your composure (that is to the Moroccan)  as the dr and embassy CO have the power 

Can a dr fail the Moroccan for the medical? yes, if there is any indication of present or past use of marijuana, any communicable illness,  spot on lungs that could  be TB/  not because the dr is corrupt or u think he is or rude as  he has to show (have the proof ) of what he turns into the embassy 

Whether approved or not, please write up an embassy review when u r sure of the outcome of this K1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.