JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, HGill43 said:

84 days and 5 inquiries, but nothing yet :((

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you get news soon.

I noticed that LDRM, contracting company for NVC, is hiring for both customer service and data entry for the New Hampshire NVC location. I hope those hires will speed up the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

this truly is the most exhausting process. always happy for everyone that gets good news but also hard when you've not got good news. hopefully we all hear something soon and can celebrate🎉

great news on NVC hiring tho, this might help all of us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our NOA2 was May, we sent an inquiry via the online form and got this response today and are very confused. So far we haven’t had our case number

IMG_7323.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hello everyone ! 
my I-129f approval notice came on 06-26-23

submitted request to NVC on 07-25-23 just received an answer from them. This is what is says. Exactly!!!! Please let me hear your thought 💭. What should I do?????

To Whom it Concerns:

Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not yet received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. If you have not received a communication from NVC about this case within 60 days from the I-797 approval notice, please contact us again.

Once NVC receives this petition from USCIS and enters it into our system, all case parties will receive a notice that they can begin processing if a visa number is immediately available.

Kindest Regards,

Monica| Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC 

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kaan said:

Hello everyone ! 

submitted request to NVC on 07-25-23 just received an answer from them. This is what is says. Exactly!!!! Please let me hear your thought 💭. What should I do?????

To Whom it Concerns:

Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not yet received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. If you have not received a communication from NVC about this case within 60 days from the I-797 approval notice, please contact us again.

Once NVC receives this petition from USCIS and enters it into our system, all case parties will receive a notice that they can begin processing if a visa number is immediately available.

Kindest Regards,

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor 

Hello Kaan. It took a little over 30 days for nvc to receive my petition after receiving my noa2 from uscis. I think you're ok. Id give it another week then inquire again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@JEANDBR Hello. Yeah that message does sound concerning but im sure everything will be ok. I'll bet our visa oracle bh_sarah will have some good guidance for you when she comes online next.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kaan said:

Hello everyone ! 

To Whom it Concerns:

Kindest Regards,

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor 

It usually takes 30-60 days for the USCIS to transfer petitions to the NVC. Make another inquiry after 60days. Your petition should be with NVC at that time. And for the case number creation you have to wait for anothet 15-30days. But some takes longer though. Just be patient, it will come. 😉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, JEANDBR said:

Our NOA2 was May, we sent an inquiry via the online form and got this response today and are very confused. So far we haven’t had our case number

IMG_7323.png

This sounds like a mistake. NVC does not require any documents from us.

12 hours ago, haxxx said:

You should inquire weekly to get your case #. There's a high chance that your case has a number. I received a response on June 28th that my case was received. By using the Julian Date and looking at my case number, it was created about 2 weeks after on July 12th.

You're right! I've been hesitant to "bother" NVC for fear of "slowing things down", but I've been so many people receive case numbers through inquiry. I guess it couldn't hurt. We're coming up on the 70 day mark, and that seems to be around the sweet spot, so hopefully we get something soon. I'm so anxious to get this things rolling. Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

Hello, what is this means? Did I get my case number? Why it is different from other petitioner? 

Congratulations! This is your case number (first one). IDs are useless to K1, I don't know why NVC sends them out to be fair.

1 hour ago, JEANDBR said:

Definitely a mistake, we don't submit any documents to NVC, including an affidavit of support. They make mistakes all the time, I already got a reply talking about adoption documents, nothing to do with my case. Just ignore it and send another inquiry. No need to worry. Sorry this inquiry reply was wasted though.

1 hour ago, ample waiting said:

how do we know which embassy will let us go ahead ?

Knowing the specifics of your embassy. This can be done by looking at your embassy's website for info/researching past filers here/getting in touch with people that are far ahead of you right now. 

58 minutes ago, Kaan said:

Hello everyone ! 

Send another inquiry until they say it was received. Then inquire until they give you a case number. Your NOA2 is in June, only 30 days now, this is normal, nothing to worry about. Some other June NOA2s are already got theirs, but there's no order. We here in May took about 50 days, previous NOA2s had to wait 70 or more. 

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.