JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Shane-Debby said:

Hello fellow thread members. Some of you are in both april and may's threads and may have seen this already. Im curious, those of you that checked your visa status after receiving your case #, did you ever see this status? Does this status have any particular meaning?

image.png.0c619380e05009c1351706f1ad1726ac.png

no

Just to clear up some of the confusion, we can pay Visa fee after case status shows 'ready' (before local embassy email) but we have to wait for local embassy email to beneficiary for booking the interview ? Or can we go ahead book the date as well ? Is it the same across all embassies or country dependant ? How do we know if embassy will contact us or not ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, ample waiting said:

Just to clear up some of the confusion, we can pay Visa fee after case status shows 'ready' (before local embassy email) but we have to wait for local embassy email to beneficiary for booking the interview ? Or can we go ahead book the date as well ? Is it the same across all embassies or country dependant ? How do we know if embassy will contact us or not ? 

This depends on the embassy. Some will let you go ahead, others don't.
You can though fill DS-160 (can be now, it doesn't even need to be "ready" for this)

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Suresh Singh said:

Few questions about filling Online  DS 160

When Filling form ds 160 petition number is it USCIS Petition number starting with WAC  or NVC case number?

Do we need to upload photo in Online DS 160 Form?

should be your wac number and you can upload a passport photo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Suresh Singh said:

Few questions about filling Online  DS 160

When Filling form ds 160 petition number is it USCIS Petition number starting with WAC  or NVC case number?

Do we need to upload photo in Online DS 160 Form?

People say either WAC or NVC, but if you look at it, it says USCIS so WAC is the "correct" one. But they take the NVC one too.

And the photo upload depends on your embassy. Mine doesn't ask for it, we have a biometrics appointment before the interview where they also take a picture of us.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Congratulations to everyone who have gotten case numbers!

We were told (via the NVCResearch email) on June 29th that NVC "recently received our case" yet here we are a month later.. 😁 

Hopefully we hear something soon!

Edited by ellentee415
ETA informed via the NVCResearch email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, ellentee415 said:

Congratulations to everyone who have gotten case numbers!

We were told (via the NVCResearch email) on June 29th that NVC "recently received our case" yet here we are a month later.. 😁 

Hopefully we hear something soon!

You should inquire weekly to get your case #. There's a high chance that your case has a number. I received a response on June 28th that my case was received. By using the Julian Date and looking at my case number, it was created about 2 weeks after on July 12th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Lots of people from May got their case numbers and some even had an interview. We waited 90 days since our NO2, so far our case is still at NVC. Hopefully we will get lucky and it will be shipped at the embassy. 
Our NO2 is April 27th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

The best NEWS ever!!!!

NO2 15 May,23

1st inquiry to NVC 19.06

2nd inquiry 03.07

3rd inquiry 20.07 and response today (27.07)

Case # 27.07 through inquiry 

Question: 

Help! I saw one person here wanted to change embassies. I am residing in Norway, but closes embassy for interview is in Sweden. I want to change to my nationality country Latvia, Riga. What do you need to do to change embassies ASAP? 

Edited by Ieva&Brian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Ieva&Brian said:

The best NEWS ever!!!!

NO2 15 May,23

1st inquiry to NVC 19.06

2nd inquiry 03.07

Question: 

Help! I saw one person here wanted to change embassies. I am residing in Norway, but closes embassy for interview is in Sweden. I want to change to my nationality country Latvia, Riga. What do you need to do to change embassies ASAP? 

congrats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Ieva&Brian said:

The best NEWS ever!!!!

NO2 15 May,23

1st inquiry to NVC 19.06

2nd inquiry 03.07

Question: 

Congratulations!

If your case is still at NVC, you may email them thru public inquiry and request for embassy transfer. You may attach documents that will show eligibility to take the interview in your preferred location. 

However, if your case is already transferred to a US embassy/consulate, then you have to write to both parties. One party, to accept your case and the other party to transfer your case.

Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.