13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gabriela Gaghana said:

Hello, how long in average to wait the status from NOA1 to NOA2? 6 to 8 months?

6 to 8 months were pre covid numbers, the current estimates are more than double that. We waited 458 days.

Processing Times (uscis.gov)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Gabriela Gaghana said:

Officially, 16.5 months. This is based on 80% of the cases in the past 6 months. But things are speeding up, though there is no precise order so cases take longer to get processed (I'm on day 430, saw a March filer yesterday get an approval on day 398, there are January filers almost on 480 days still waiting).

This spreadsheet here tracks the daily case updates for K1 at the California Center and it's a great resource: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sN2bo1xZhs8oVU6-QDUdBXBX2_ci8_QJ0wiz59Gp6H4/edit#gid=915902491

Edited by Bh_sarah
Typos!

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

17 hours ago, Gabriela Gaghana said:

16.5 months.

2 hours ago, Gabriela Gaghana said:

OMG, I thought 16.5 month is a total processing time from the day USCIS received the case until the beneficiary's got their VISA.

This is not the case. Fiancé and spousal visas take about the same to process, about 18-24 months. This is why I personally think that if you have to wait the same time anyway, might as well apply for spousal as that is a much better option - you get a GC right after entry to the US. With a K1, that’s just the beginning as you have to apply to adjust status and wait even more, not to mention the increase in fees that is taking place at some point in the near future.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
13 hours ago, powerpuff said:

This is not the case. Fiancé and spousal visas take about the same to process, about 18-24 months. This is why I personally think that if you have to wait the same time anyway, might as well apply for spousal as that is a much better option - you get a GC right after entry to the US. With a K1, that’s just the beginning as you have to apply to adjust status and wait even more, not to mention the increase in fees that is taking place at some point in the near future.

This is unexpected, I thought spousal visa takes longer. Jezz I didnt knew that. 

Can I still apply for visa tourist while the USCIS received my K1 documents?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
15 hours ago, Gabriela Gaghana said:

This is unexpected, I thought spousal visa takes longer. Jezz I didnt knew that. 

I wouldn't risk it. Could cause delay in your K1. I am just guessing. But definitely your tourist visa would be questionable to them (NVC) because like @powerpuff said, due to an immigrant intent. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/30/2023 at 1:34 AM, Gabriela Gaghana said:

Like others said here, you are free to try, but it would probably be a waste of time and resources because you are going through K1. Mine expired a few months before filing for K1, I wish I had thought about it and renewed it before filing, but also my country has a huge waiting time for tourist visas.
But then again, even if I got my tourist visa approved, I could be denied entry at the border (a lot of people are successful when it comes to enter the country to visit while on a K1, but I would not risk the money, time and frustration). We just meet in my country/a 3rd country.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.