Pacer94

Online filling and processing times for Greek petitioner

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hello everyone, i filled for I-130 online for my wife, in the middle of January, and i have been checking the USCIS website for any updates frequently. When i uploaded the files, the processing time was 12 months and after the months were passing it went to 11 months and then to 10 months. I checked again a few days ago, and the processing time went back to 12 months, and i have absolutely zero updates about our case. The embassy in Greece also has no news about us either. On the receipt notice that was generated automatically with the filing, it says Nebraska Service Center, if that matters. Any advices or thoughts about what we must do next (if we can do anything except waiting) or any recent processing times would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I have never really placed much trust in USCIS estimates. But, currently, data from Visa Journey users also shows an average of 382 days between filing date to USCIS approval for I-130 petitions at Nebraska.  It sucks, and I feel your pain.  Staying busy and preparing for the next step in the anxiety-causing process is about all a person can do.  Every day is one day closer to approval.  Good luck.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

You will receive no updates until either an approval or an RFE.  The consulate in Greece will have no knowledge of your case for about another year, at least.  This entire process takes about 18 to 24 months on average.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I have never really placed much trust in USCIS estimates. But, currently, data from Visa Journey users also shows an average of 382 days between filing date to USCIS approval for I-130 petitions at Nebraska.  It sucks, and I feel your pain.  Staying busy and preparing for the next step in the anxiety-causing process is about all a person can do.  Every day is one day closer to approval.  Good luck.  

Thank you for your reply and your wishes. We do not have many things going on right now so time passes really slow haha. I guess i will stop checking for updates on the USCIS every day. :P Thanks again for your wishes, have a great day! :D 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

You will receive no updates until either an approval or an RFE.  The consulate in Greece will have no knowledge of your case for another year, at least.  This entire process takes about 18 to 24 months on average.

i was hoping to get everything completed in the period of 12 months or a bit more, but my calculations are wrong if it needs 24 months. 😕 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pacer94 said:

Thank you for your reply and your wishes. We do not have many things going on right now so time passes really slow haha. I guess i will stop checking for updates on the USCIS every day. :P Thanks again for your wishes, have a great day! :D 

Checking USCIS every day is not healthy, imo.  Shifting your focus to visits during the process might be less painful.  Good luck. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pacer94 said:

i was hoping to get everything completed in the period of 12 months or a bit more, but my calculations are wrong if it needs 24 months. 😕 

VJ average shows 631 days, on average, from start to interview.  Your miles may vary.

IR1/CR1 Visa Historical Processing Times - USCIS Immigration Processing Times - VisaJourney

Edited by Crazy Cat

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

VJ average shows 631 days, on average, from start to interview.  Your miles may vary.

IR1/CR1 Visa Historical Processing Times - USCIS Immigration Processing Times - VisaJourney

patience is gonna be our only weapon. thanks a lot for your replies, see ya around :D 

1 hour ago, Pacer94 said:

Hello everyone, i filled for I-130 online for my wife, in the middle of January, and i have been checking the USCIS website for any updates frequently. When i uploaded the files, the processing time was 12 months and after the months were passing it went to 11 months and then to 10 months. I checked again a few days ago, and the processing time went back to 12 months, and i have absolutely zero updates about our case. The embassy in Greece also has no news about us either. On the receipt notice that was generated automatically with the filing, it says Nebraska Service Center, if that matters. Any advices or thoughts about what we must do next (if we can do anything except waiting) or any recent processing times would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

here is what it means as per uscis 

12 months - your application could be processed in 12 months or 10 months or 9 months or 6 months or 18 months or 36 months or 48 months or 60 months. 

duh

Timeline
13 hours ago, igoyougoduke said:

here is what it means as per uscis 

12 months - your application could be processed in 12 months or 10 months or 9 months or 6 months or 18 months or 36 months or 48 months or 60 months. 

that would be hilarious if it was their official response :P 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

As others have said I would not put much credit into what the USCIS website is saying. I checked every 3 or 4 months for updates. So I filed in April 2022, got the NOA1 about a day after I filed. It said Nebraska Service Center but I found out it was transferred to the Potomac Service Center. In June of 2022 I checked our case status on USCIS and it said our case was being actively reviewed. Then there were absolutely no changes for months. At the beginning of this year I started to check more frequently. At the end of March it said 3 days estimated until a decision would be made. So a few days later I checked back and it had jumped up to another 3 months estimated wait. I was super disappointed. Then, about 3 days later I got the approval notice. So the extra time they tack on probably means nothing. Also you may not actually be at the NSC, you can find out if your case was transferred to a different service center.

Good luck! You've got a long wait ahead of you but it will pass and before you know it, you'll be ready for the NVC stage.

Petition Filed: 04/06/2022
NOA1: 04/06/2022
Notice of Active Review: 06/28/2022
NOA2: 04/03/2023
NVC Case Created: 04/06/2023
NVC Documentality Qualified: 08/09/2023
NVC Scheduled appointment at Bucharest Embassy for 10/17/23

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Holly&Andreas said:

As others have said I would not put much credit into what the USCIS website is saying. I checked every 3 or 4 months for updates. So I filed in April 2022, got the NOA1 about a day after I filed. It said Nebraska Service Center but I found out it was transferred to the Potomac Service Center. In June of 2022 I checked our case status on USCIS and it said our case was being actively reviewed. Then there were absolutely no changes for months. At the beginning of this year I started to check more frequently. At the end of March it said 3 days estimated until a decision would be made. So a few days later I checked back and it had jumped up to another 3 months estimated wait. I was super disappointed. Then, about 3 days later I got the approval notice. So the extra time they tack on probably means nothing. Also you may not actually be at the NSC, you can find out if your case was transferred to a different service center.

Good luck! You've got a long wait ahead of you but it will pass and before you know it, you'll be ready for the NVC stage.

Hello holly and andreas, thank you for your reply. Did you file online also? Also, any idea how i can find out if the file was transferred? My case has the status "Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent" from the very first moment i uploaded it and nothing more. I know that my questions wont expedite my case, it just helps us mentally to be more patient :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.