Hopeworld

Bringing daughter to USA

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello,

I've got some conflicting information and not sure what to do.
I am (70 years old) a US greencard holder (eligible for citizenship in more than 4 years) and trying to do a petition for my daughter who is 44 years old and lives in Sweden. She is divorced and has 2 children.

Due to a bad situation with her ex husband, she & I will NOT bring her 2 children (age 10 and 12) to the states. The petition will ONLY be for my daughter.

Question 1:

Can I still petition for her despite her being divorced and/or having 2 children?

Question 2:

I currently do not have any income. Can my son be solely on the affidavit of support?

Question 3:

If answer to Q 2 above is Yes, does my income need to match and be enough NOW when starting the application? Or in few years?

Thank you so much!!!

1. yes u can 

2. u are the main sponsor ( even though u have no income)  ur son will be the joint sponsor ( he need to have qualified incomes enough for that) https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

3. make sure u file for tax for the past 3 years. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes

Yes 

No

The children are included by default at this stage now they may well age out but anyway that is something for consideration when her Priority Date is current 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

56 minutes ago, Hopeworld said:

Hello,

I've got some conflicting information and not sure what to do.
I am (70 years old) a US greencard holder (eligible for citizenship in more than 4 years) and trying to do a petition for my daughter who is 44 years old and lives in Sweden. She is divorced and has 2 children.

Due to a bad situation with her ex husband, she & I will NOT bring her 2 children (age 10 and 12) to the states. The petition will ONLY be for my daughter.

Question 1:

Can I still petition for her despite her being divorced and/or having 2 children?

Question 2:

I currently do not have any income. Can my son be solely on the affidavit of support?

Question 3:

If answer to Q 2 above is Yes, does my income need to match and be enough NOW when starting the application? Or in few years?

Thank you so much!!!

Is your son a US citizen or green card holder?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Hopeworld said:

Hello, he is a US citzen. Both he and I live in USA. Thanks

Has he also petitioned her?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Hopeworld said:

Hello, he is a US citzen. Both he and I live in USA. Thanks

My son petitioned for me and his father. We were given greencards 10 months ago.

Timeline

So he has yet to petition his sister?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So he has yet to petition his sister?

Well he did start the petition for her a year ago.
But there's been no response at all yet so there's no initial response.
He paid for it but if I can do my application instead, he will terminate/cancel his.

Thanks for the help btw!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hopeworld said:

Well he did start the petition for her a year ago.
But there's been no response at all yet so there's no initial response.
He paid for it but if I can do my application instead, he will terminate/cancel his.

Thanks for the help btw!!

That is good, he should certainly not cancel his one, he should have received a receipt however.

Just go with whichever comes first.

Timeline

They will not be young when she moves

Shared account

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Non conductive post removed along with 3 other post that follow that post. Stick to answering the OP's questions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

By the time her PD is current, her children will be adults or close to it, so they might decide they want to move as well.

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 hours ago, Hopeworld said:

She is divorced and has 2 children.

You can petition for her, form I-130, can be filed online.

Her family has to be listed in the form.  They do not need to immigrate with her.

Her category will be F2B.  It will take 8 to 9 years, perhaps longer.

Your son should keep his petition active, as a backup.  Sibling F4 takes over 15+ years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.