JojoandTomas

APRIL 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

370 posts in this topic

You can look at https://www.visajourney.com/times/k1-fiance-visa-historical/, specifically step 3 to get a general sense of processing times and most recently processed, keeping in mind that not all VJ members update their timeline and that processing isn't necessarily happening in chronological order.  But at least you can see that 1+ early April member has completed this step and get an overall idea of what the times might look like in the subsequent steps.

Following the advice in the march group, we called earlier this week. We're at 60 days since approval next week, and USCIS confirmed our approval is in the system, but the case hasn't yet been forwarded to NVC. They said they can only open a case after 90 days wait. 

Welp. So much for us getting to spend the summer together. Again. 

Friendly reminder that once you guys hit 60+ days of waiting for your cases to be transferred to the NVC, you can put in a request for case assistance to the CIS Ombudsman.

Some from my March group have now been waiting for 100 days without a word, so I think all of us need to start taking action.

Edited by Pangoleen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pangoleen said:

Friendly reminder that once you guys hit 60+ days of waiting for your cases to be transferred to the NVC, you can put in a request for case assistance to the CIS Ombudsman.

Some from my March group have now been waiting for 100 days without a word, so I think all of us need to start taking action.

I feel like anything we do at this point will just tie up more resources and take longer unfortunately.

6 hours ago, R3411y said:

I feel like anything we do at this point will just tie up more resources and take longer unfortunately.

The CIS Ombudsman isn't directly affiliated with USCIS, so contacting them won't take up any resources. They'll just poke USCIS and tell them it's time to move your case. Which might be your only shot in case your upcoming transfer ends up in eternal limbo like some of ours, since they actually have some authority and are there purely to assist people like us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Twisted_Therion said:

NOA2 was 4/4, so we just passed 60 days.  Called USCIS this morning to see if our case has been sent to NVC yet and on which day.  They confirmed to have sent our case to NVC on 6/1.  Gives me hope that we'll be hearing from NVC soon.

Keep us posted!

I got noa2 4/11 so seeing yours gives me hope I'm soon too!

On 6/5/2023 at 1:53 PM, Twisted_Therion said:

NOA2 was 4/4, so we just passed 60 days.  Called USCIS this morning to see if our case has been sent to NVC yet and on which day.  They confirmed to have sent our case to NVC on 6/1.  Gives me hope that we'll be hearing from NVC soon.

this is great to hear, thanks for sharing.

If you don't mind sharing, what number did you call for USCIS and did you ask to talk to someone specific?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, visaopt123 said:

this is great to hear, thanks for sharing.

If you don't mind sharing, what number did you call for USCIS and did you ask to talk to someone specific?

Sure.  I called 800-375-5283, which is the USCIS live assistance number.  When it asked what I needed help on, I replied "info pass" and this connected me to a representative. 

12 hours ago, mbodwams said:

I sent an email inquiring about our petition status on June 4 and received a reply this morning that the NVC has received it! Our NOA2 was April 4th. 

Best of luck to everyone still waiting, it’ll happen soon! 💕

Congrats!!
My NOA2 is also April 4th and I just got same old yesterday saying! `We've not received your case from USCIS and so forth`! I'll do another inquiry just to be sure and post what comes out of it!

I-129F Package Sent to USCIS: January 28, 2022
NOA1: February 02, 2022
NOA2: April 04, 2023
NVC Case Number Received: June 27, 2023
NVC Sent to Embassy: July 03, 2023
Embassy Received Case: July 10, 2023
Packet 4 Received: July 11, 2023

Interview Scheduled: August 28, 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.