JojoandTomas

APRIL 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

370 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Expat_Elle said:

Congratulations on proceeding to the next step and thanks for the info! Apologies, but what does CDJ mean?

I believe they are referring to the embassy CDJ, Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We decided to try and take the advice @PakistaniRussian gave the March NO2 approval group (see screenshot below), my fiancé phoned the USCIS today. We spoke to an agent who said they will request for our petition to be sent ASAP and gave us a request referral number. We were told that if we don't hear anything back within the next 30 days (🙁) we need to phone them back quoting the referral number. A bittersweet update, but maybe if enough of us do it they might move faster?

image.thumb.png.fca44136d8ec1562bd31254a3c1d4702.png

1 hour ago, Expat_Elle said:

We decided to try and take the advice @PakistaniRussian gave the March NO2 approval group (see screenshot below), my fiancé phoned the USCIS today. We spoke to an agent who said they will request for our petition to be sent ASAP and gave us a request referral number. We were told that if we don't hear anything back within the next 30 days (🙁) we need to phone them back quoting the referral number. A bittersweet update, but maybe if enough of us do it they might move faster?

Very Quiet today

Timeline
On 5/16/2023 at 10:31 AM, Expat_Elle said:

Called in, was told that they're in the processing phase to mail it (assuming this means they haven't yet) but as of right now the NVC is asking them to wait 90 days. They told me to check back after 90 days. 

19 minutes ago, R3411y said:

Called in, was told that they're in the processing phase to mail it (assuming this means they haven't yet) but as of right now the NVC is asking them to wait 90 days. They told me to check back after 90 days. 

I laugh, when i saw they said that ( they're in the processing phase to mail it ) Because I'm sure they did not mention what month that they are in the processing phase>>>>>>Jan, Feb., Mar, April  Take your pick.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Gary Rich said:

I laugh, when i saw they said that ( they're in the processing phase to mail it ) Because I'm sure they did not mention what month that they are in the processing phase>>>>>>Jan, Feb., Mar, April  Take your pick.

Honestly it was like pulling teeth to get any information out of this agent! She probably delayed my petition just for calling 🤣

2 minutes ago, R3411y said:

Honestly it was like pulling teeth to get any information out of this agent! She probably delayed my petition just for calling 🤣

sometimes you got to laugh at it.. or more or less you would be crying...LOL

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

Seriously! I regret not having my Fiance stay in the US and doing an AOS from her J1 visa, but hindsight is 20/20. We've also been lucky to spend a few months combined together over this whole process through visits. Hoping the government figures it out here soon....

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

except that living in limbo is not funny. I don't understand why it takes 90 days to process/prepare to post something. Do they need me to fly out there and help them??? Bunch of soup sandwiches 😡 

Edited by Expat_Elle

1 hour ago, R3411y said:

Seriously! I regret not having my Fiance stay in the US and doing an AOS from her J1 visa, but hindsight is 20/20. We've also been lucky to spend a few months combined together over this whole process through visits. Hoping the government figures it out here soon....

We're in a similar situation. Agree completely. Wanted to do things the proper legal way like a bunch of chumps. Had no idea this would be such a grueling, interminable ordeal. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Expat_Elle said:

except that living in limbo is not funny. I don't understand why it takes 90 days to process/prepare to post something. Do they need me to fly out there and help them??? Bunch of soup sandwiches 😡 

I think at this point, all we can do is wait for an email or paper in the mail to show up unfortunately. Seems like one of those things that it’ll take as long as it wants to regardless of what we do. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, gks said:

Anyone got their case number assigned?

Nothing here I'm afraid. Others in earlier groups (Dec - Mar) are also still waiting. Have you contacted the USCIS to see if they have shipped your application to the NVC? Maybe you might have some good news 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.