JojoandTomas

APRIL 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

370 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bh_sarah said:

I don't even know why NVC sends out IDs if they are useless to us.
Case number starts with 3 letters representing your embassy + 10 numbers. You didn't get that?
I am not used to K2s, but I think it's one case number for them all, but you'll need to fill out one DS-160 for each applicant.

There is MNL20237xxxxx 

It's worded poorly, but verbatim it says

" The invoice I.D. number for visa petition MNL20237xxxxx is: 469xxxxx "

" The beneficiary I.D. number for REMOVED, NAME is 476xxxxx. "

The MNL number must be my case number then!

Edited by Cheesehead22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Cheesehead22 said:

There is MNL20237xxxxx 

It's worded poorly, but verbatim it says

" The invoice I.D. number for visa petition MNL20237xxxxx is: 469xxxxx "

" The beneficiary I.D. number for REMOVED, NAME is 476xxxxx. "

The MNL number must be my case number then!

Yup, that is your case number. You can check the status here (yes, it's immigrant): https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV
It will probably say "At NVC".
No need to create an account on CEAC for anything.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

8 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Yup, that is your case number. You can check the status here (yes, it's immigrant): https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV
It will probably say "At NVC".
No need to create an account on CEAC for anything.

Thank you so much! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, A & Amy said:

After almost a month of checking daily, finally able to schedule an interview appointment for October

congrats

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

For my k1 visa application, I had scheduled VAC appointment and interview in August 2023 with DS 160 number AA01, which I cancelled in advance.

I had my biometrics on 6th September 2023 and interview on 20th September 2023. Ds160 application submitted for these appointments was AA02.

I got a call on 20th September 2023 from Mumbai Consulate to send the old DS160 with number AA01 confirmation page.

Previously,

I can see in the ceac website old DS160 application AA01 is Approved and new application AA02 is still in Received status.

Will there be any issues because of this on my visa or port of entry? Both DS 160s are mostly same.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Finally got an email with our interview date (November 27th)! They did schedule it for us, but we did have to schedule the separate biometric appointment ourselves in AIS. 

So relieved that things are finally more set in stone now :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/13/2023 at 9:27 PM, A & Amy said:

After almost a month of checking daily, finally able to schedule an interview appointment for October

Congrats!!

did they send you and email??

We eventually got an email with the instructions (P3.5, P4 they termed it) from the embassy, but we had to call them several times to get it.  Our specific instructions included filing the DS-160 form and then emailing the embassy to let them know we had done so, and then given a link to check if there were appointments.  (We had to follow up with them to get that response email too).  From then it was just checking every single day to see if there were any appointment slots available, which they seem to do so during a short window once a month.  That is the short summary of the process we went through.  The longer one would say it's quite a frustrating process that you need to be very proactive with as the system does not seem to just flow through the expected steps and frankly anyone you contact for assistance displays no interest in helping you or caring about your case.  It almost seems like a deterrent.  But, like anything worthwhile, you persevere through the obstacles and keep your eye on the prize.  Though we have the K1 wrapped up, we have faced other individual issues with the associated K2 visa so we're stuck in this step until Feb or March.  At least after that we will be together while we continue through the next steps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.