JojoandTomas

APRIL 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

370 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I sent an inquiry to the NVC and was advised that they are currently backlogged by atleast 60 days and growing. I was told that they havent even recieved my case from the USCIS, which I would assume is the case for everyone. 

Cast History.
April 24, 2023 Case Was Approved
April 14, 2023, We received your response for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e).
March 28, 2023, We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e).
December 22, 2021, We received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e).

I sent an inquiry few days back (I'm almost a month from my noa2) and they told me to wait for 60 days from approval before contacting them again.

I-129F Package Sent to USCIS: January 28, 2022
NOA1: February 02, 2022
NOA2: April 04, 2023
NVC Case Number Received: June 27, 2023
NVC Sent to Embassy: July 03, 2023
Embassy Received Case: July 10, 2023
Packet 4 Received: July 11, 2023

Interview Scheduled: August 28, 2023

USCIS approval was 2/21/23.

NVC case # created 4/26/23.

In case anyone is wondering K1 visa applications do not get welcome letters from NVC from what I've found on the forums. They're transferred directly to the embassy on your case number. I had to email NVC inquiry to get my case #. Their response said: 

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

It'll go from At NVC > In Transit > Received (Embassy) > Ready (interview-ready).

Our interview will be handled at CDJ and I'm hearing that they have extremely long wait times to schedule interviews. I haven't been able to confirm that so maybe someone else has more information.

Edited by GF & AF
add more info

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, GF & AF said:

USCIS approval was 2/21/23.

NVC case # created 4/26/23.

In case anyone is wondering K1 visa applications do not get welcome letters from NVC from what I've found on the forums. They're transferred directly to the embassy on your case number. I had to email NVC inquiry to get my case #. Their response said: 

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

It'll go from At NVC > In Transit > Received (Embassy) > Ready (interview-ready).

Our interview will be handled at CDJ and I'm hearing that they have extremely long wait times to schedule interviews. I haven't been able to confirm that so maybe someone else has more information.

Congratulations on proceeding to the next step and thanks for the info! Apologies, but what does CDJ mean?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.