JojoandTomas

APRIL 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

370 posts in this topic

I got the case number yesterday. My NOA2 is April 4th. They also changed my embassy as I requested in the inquiry. Now waiting for them to send the case to embassy.
Does anybody when to start filling DS160 form? Can I do it before they ship to the embassy? 

Edited by Bikenm

I-129F Package Sent to USCIS: January 28, 2022
NOA1: February 02, 2022
NOA2: April 04, 2023
NVC Case Number Received: June 27, 2023
NVC Sent to Embassy: July 03, 2023
Embassy Received Case: July 10, 2023
Packet 4 Received: July 11, 2023

Interview Scheduled: August 28, 2023

1 hour ago, Bikenm said:

I got the case number yesterday. My NOA2 is April 4th. They also changed my embassy as I requested in the inquiry. Now waiting for them to send the case to embassy.
Does anybody when to start filling DS160 form? Can I do it before they ship to the embassy? 

I would start now.. thats all I'm waiting for is my case number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bikenm said:

congrats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/21/2023 at 2:36 PM, Gary Rich said:

58 days.. and this 

To Whom it Concerns:

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

Since your case is not in our systems yet, we cannot make updates.

As soon as your case is in our systems, we will send a Welcome Letter and instructions. Then, if you still need help updating your case, you can contact us by using one of the methods listed on https://nvc.state.gov/ask.

For current processing times, please visit our website: https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for English or https://nvc.state.gov/plazos for Spanish. If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please resubmit your inquiry.

You can also begin to familiarize yourself with the documents NVC will request at that site.

Did you finally get the welcome letter? I just received this email from NVC this morning.

Timeline

NOA2 April 6, 2023.

USCIS say they sent my petition to NVC on June 6, 2023 and NVC responded to my email today saying they have not received it and give it 6 weeks. It has been over 11 weeks already!

Already emailed NVC Research and spoke to Tier 2 USCIS support.

Anyone else in the same boat ? 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Tarek.ch said:

NOA2 April 6, 2023.

USCIS say they sent my petition to NVC on June 6, 2023 and NVC responded to my email today saying they have not received it and give it 6 weeks. It has been over 11 weeks already!

Already emailed NVC Research and spoke to Tier 2 USCIS support.

Anyone else in the same boat ? 

You will received a replay with " Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems" soon. That will be the next step.

Timeline
On 6/26/2023 at 10:43 AM, ivision413 said:

My NOA2 date is on 4/14, and I am still waiting for the update. Did you receive any other updates between your NOA2 and the mail?

The NVC didn’t contact me at all - they only emailed my fiancée when the case was already in transit to the Montreal consulate. I’d emailed NVC Research twice to check on the processing status which is how I found out that they’d received the petition from USCIS around ~60 days after the NOA2.

It took maybe around 15 days to receive a case number and ship my case (this may have happened on the same day?). I’ve been checking my status on the CEAC tracker and it changed to Ready today! We have the same embassy so at least it seems to be quick once it’s left the NVC! Best of luck, I hope that you hear some good news soon. 💕

Timeline
2 hours ago, mbodwams said:

The NVC didn’t contact me at all - they only emailed my fiancée when the case was already in transit to the Montreal consulate. I’d emailed NVC Research twice to check on the processing status which is how I found out that they’d received the petition from USCIS around ~60 days after the NOA2.

It took maybe around 15 days to receive a case number and ship my case (this may have happened on the same day?). I’ve been checking my status on the CEAC tracker and it changed to Ready today! We have the same embassy so at least it seems to be quick once it’s left the NVC! Best of luck, I hope that you hear some good news soon. 💕

Thank you!!! What does it mean when it's "Ready"? Ready to submit the DS-160 interview application to the embassy?

So, for me, I will have to wait another 15 days for me to receive that case number in the Welcome letter package, right?

Please keep me updated. Best of luck to you and your spouse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

If I send multiple inquiries to NVC via ask NVC form, will they all be answered?

I sent a couple abour getting case number with a week in between and just got a response to the first one. However I'm wondering if receiving that response somehow cancels the latest inquiry or something.

Timeline
18 hours ago, ivision413 said:

Thank you!!! What does it mean when it's "Ready"? Ready to submit the DS-160 interview application to the embassy?

So, for me, I will have to wait another 15 days for me to receive that case number in the Welcome letter package, right?

Please keep me updated. Best of luck to you and your spouse!

The full message on the CEAC website actually says “your case is now ready for you to schedule an interview at the US consulate in Montreal”, which doesn’t actually apply to K1 visas. So for us, it means that we can send them an email response to Packet 3 (DS160 confirmation page, checklist and passport scan). So it should really say Partially Ready…

I wasn’t able to confirm the exact date that the NVC received my case, so I estimated on my timeline. It took 15 days after that for them to email me with both the case number and shipping confirmation. I’m not sure if that typically happens within the same email, I might have gotten lucky that they created my case on their shipment date. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, mbodwams said:

The full message on the CEAC website actually says “your case is now ready for you to schedule an interview at the US consulate in Montreal”, which doesn’t actually apply to K1 visas. So for us, it means that we can send them an email response to Packet 3 (DS160 confirmation page, checklist and passport scan). So it should really say Partially Ready…

I wasn’t able to confirm the exact date that the NVC received my case, so I estimated on my timeline. It took 15 days after that for them to email me with both the case number and shipping confirmation. I’m not sure if that typically happens within the same email, I might have gotten lucky that they created my case on their shipment date. 

Didyou receive the full message by mail or email? What does Packet 3 mean? Did you already submit your DS160?

Timeline
15 hours ago, ivision413 said:

Didyou receive the full message by mail or email? What does Packet 3 mean? Did you already submit your DS160?

The email that my fiancée received only told us that the case had been shipped and provided us with a tracking number. From there, I tracked it using the CEAC website.

Packet 3 is the letter with instructions that K1 visa applicants receive from their embassy. The Montreal one is available online here.

All of the advice that I was seeing online said to just go ahead and submit Packet 3 as soon as the CEAC tracker shows “Ready”, so I emailed the embassy with everything they asked for as soon as the status changed. That included the completed DS-160. If you have Facebook, I would suggest joining the “Montreal K1 Visa Applicants” group. They’ve been incredibly helpful. 

35 minutes ago, A & Amy said:

NOA2 4/14/23, sent an inquiry 6/22 as I did not expect anything earlier based on current timelines. Received the generic form letter today that it has been received "recently".  Expecting a case number in 25-30 days at this point.  It's a slow, grueling process but every day that passes is one day closer.

That's pretty realistic unfortunately. Took us about 100 days from NOA2 to receive a case number (roughly a month after NVC received).

Does anyone here know about shipment delays to embassies without backlogs? Asking since our case was created shortly before the last shipment dates but they didn't send it out despite my embassy not being busy.

Edited by Pangoleen

Timeline
4 hours ago, mbodwams said:

The email that my fiancée received only told us that the case had been shipped and provided us with a tracking number. From there, I tracked it using the CEAC website.

Packet 3 is the letter with instructions that K1 visa applicants receive from their embassy. The Montreal one is available online here.

All of the advice that I was seeing online said to just go ahead and submit Packet 3 as soon as the CEAC tracker shows “Ready”, so I emailed the embassy with everything they asked for as soon as the status changed. That included the completed DS-160. If you have Facebook, I would suggest joining the “Montreal K1 Visa Applicants” group. They’ve been incredibly helpful. 

You can only check if CEAC tracker "Ready" with the case number right? When and how did you receive your case number?

Thanks for the Facebook page. I'll join!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.