JojoandTomas

APRIL 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

370 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 7/10/2023 at 9:28 PM, gooblue said:

noa2 date?

April 27th 2023. Just waiting on ready status or a follow up email from NVC now. We still need our case number...

( I received this message yesterday ) 

To Whom it Concerns:

The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed.

Sincerely,

Raine | Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

Just now, Shane-Debby said:

@Gary Rich congrats! youre getting closer

Hopefully.. but I'm not getting ahead of myself   ( what does review actually means.🙄..  but it's a different message from the other inquiry.. who know really )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

( I received this message yesterday ) 

To Whom it Concerns:

The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed.

Sincerely,

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

Hm.... that's a new inquiry reply I never saw before. May be their way to say they are creating your case.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Just now, Bh_sarah said:

Hm.... that's a new inquiry reply I never saw before. May be their way to say they are creating your case.

who knows... i'm just not getting ahead of myself

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

who knows... i'm just not getting ahead of myself

Yep, that's a good plan! Hope you hear something soon.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Approved on 05/24, just received a response from NVC from our 45 day inquiry stating they are waiting for data entry!

Anyone know how long avg processing is until we might receive case number? Thinking of sending in an inquiry every 7 days.

Edited by jflashman

10 minutes ago, jflashman said:

Approved on 05/24, just received a response from NVC from our 45 day inquiry stating they are waiting for data entry!

Anyone know how long avg processing is until we might receive case number? Thinking of sending in an inquiry every 7 days.

After looking at those with a NVC Case number who are months ahead of us, its been taking anywhere from 70 - 90 days to get a case number (from the time of NOA2 approval). I hope I'm wrong. The good news is it seems to go faster after you get the NVC case number. The time period of when you get the interview appointment depends on the Embassy. Some Embassies seem to be much faster than others. 

*note: I am just guessing by looking at average times from others recently approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, friends. Through inquiry, we have finally received our NVC case number after 90 days since NOA2. I've no idea how much longer the wait it will be for our case to be sent to the embassy in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. But hopefully, I'll be with my fiancé by Christmas. 

Anybody know when they'll ask for us to pay the fees and submit the forms and documents? What should we be doing right now? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Also, nvc is  using several contractors for their inquiry department. They use this contractor for this OP, mines is different  contractor answered my inquiry. 

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

Timeline
On 7/13/2023 at 5:17 PM, Jon & Pau said:

Hello, friends. Through inquiry, we have finally received our NVC case number after 90 days since NOA2. I've no idea how much longer the wait it will be for our case to be sent to the embassy in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. But hopefully, I'll be with my fiancé by Christmas. 

Anybody know when they'll ask for us to pay the fees and submit the forms and documents? What should we be doing right now? 

Congrats! your getting closer. Im sure it will be before xmas. For us we submitted the DS-160's after petition was sent NVC. Then once the embassy receives it we will pay the embassy fees. You can do the I-134 anytime as long as your beneficiary has it before the interview. This is for the Philippines though. Not sure if the process is the same for Mexico. 

Timeline
On 7/13/2023 at 1:54 PM, jflashman said:

Congrats! youre getting closer

@Shane-Debby Hello, I expect to be receiving my case number any day now as I am nearing the 90 day mark since NOA2 and I just sent another email request to NVCRESEARCH.  

I am a little confused on the next steps that I need to do.  What forms and any other info do my fiance and I need to start getting ready?  And what is an estimate of my timeline for the interview etc?  My fiance is in Buenos Aires, and the Embassy appears to have no or minimal backlog.

I know about:
DS-160

I-134

Police Records

Tax Documents

What else is there?

Thank you!

Edited by Robert Frasher

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.