JojoandTomas

APRIL 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

370 posts in this topic

Just an update - I received NVC case number via inquiry yesterday (7/17). Our NOA2 is 4/24. We already submitted the DS-160 form - it was detailed and a bit tedious, but we got through it! Hang in there … we’re moving forward slowly, but surely!

Edited by Bri and Carlos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Robert Frasher said:

I also got the email that it is being shipped to the embassy.  I wonder how much longer we have to wait to schedule an interview?  Are there any estimates on how long it takes to wait and schedule an interview?  Trying to decide whether I should plan to see my fiance in Europe or something in September/October depending on the wait time.

Congratulations! You're in the home stretch now.

27 minutes ago, Bri and Carlos said:

And just now I received the formal email that it is being shipped from the NVC to the Embassy! 👏 👏 👏 

Congrats!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, visaopt123 said:

We also got an email regarding case sent to embassy, and “in transit” status today! 

NOA1: 01/19/2022

NOA2: 04/03/2023

NVC received: 06/14/2023

Case number via inquiry: 07/10/2023

Welcome letter & In transit: 07/18/2023

congrats!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Robert Frasher said:

I also am curious if I will need to fill out I-134 or I-134A since my girlfriend was born in Venezuela.  She lives and works in Argentina so I am not sure about where to find that out.

Form I-134A is the online version of the form. It is called the Online Request to be a Supporter and Declaration of Financial Support and can be found on the USCIS website. As indicated in the name, beneficiaries may not file Form I-134A on their own behalf. (Certain I-134 beneficiaries may submit the form on their own behalf.) USCIS is using the I-134A to facilitate larger humanitarian programs right now. Therefore, you may only file Form I-134A if you are agreeing to financially support a:

If you are agreeing to support a beneficiary seeking humanitarian parole who is not applying for parole under Uniting for Ukraine or the Process for Cubans, Haitians, Nicaraguans, and Venezuelans, you must file a paper Form I-134, Declaration of Financial Support, along with Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, through the appropriate Lockbox location.

Edited by Shane-Debby

Timeline

@Robert Frasher Hello Robert. if its not to much trouble can you update your timeline/profile? Makes it easier to give better and more accurate help when we know your stats. For me, home stretch means my baby (Philippines) will be with me in another two or three months. Because once the embassy gets your case things start moving really fast.

Edited by Shane-Debby

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.