Nody

N-400 March 2023 filers

171 posts in this topic

Hey guys! Joining the group here. Thank you all for sharing the updates on your cases. 

My timeline: 

Submitted N-400 application under the 5-year residence rule: March 26, 2023. Seattle Field Office.

Biometrics Appointment: April 19, 2023. 

Case is being Actively Reviewed: April 19, 2023 to present. 

Almost all applicants who post in the Seattle thread received their interview notices in the order in which their N-400 applications were received. I almost feel like USCIS specifically missed me in line LOL I entered a Live Chat today and was transferred to an agent surprisingly fast only to being told "At this time you have not the application is in process." I have no idea what this might mean but definitely nothing promising. 

Thank you all for sharing your timelines and experiences! Hope all of our journeys to citizenship are smooth and fast. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 hours ago, lvesnal said:

"At this time you have not the application is in process."

Um... I'm not sure what that means too. "You have not" - is there a typo perhaps?

Fingers crossed your application will progress soon!

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2016 (me, H-1B) / 2017 (her, H-4)

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2023-03-22

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

Hi! 

Joining in on the conversation as our N-400 process has been much, much quicker than anticipated. 

My husband filed his N-400 application under the five-year rule on March 6, 2023. 

He had his biometric appointment shortly after on May 12, 2023.

Received his appointment notice on May 19, 2023.

Attended interview and recommended for approval on June 23, 2023!

This was all done through the Dallas Field Offices with the interview in Irving, Texas.

We are awaiting to hear back regarding his Oath Ceremony.  Could not have made it through the last seven years without this community and using these resources!  Wishing everyone success and happiness through their own journey.  It was a little surreal checking that final box on the timeline knowing we've made it through!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, SydMayMac said:

Hi! 

Joining in on the conversation as our N-400 process has been much, much quicker than anticipated. 

My husband filed his N-400 application under the five-year rule on March 6, 2023. 

He had his biometric appointment shortly after on May 12, 2023.

Received his appointment notice on May 19, 2023.

Attended interview and recommended for approval on June 23, 2023!

This was all done through the Dallas Field Offices with the interview in Irving, Texas.

We are awaiting to hear back regarding his Oath Ceremony.  Could not have made it through the last seven years without this community and using these resources!  Wishing everyone success and happiness through their own journey.  It was a little surreal checking that final box on the timeline knowing we've made it through!

I had my interview in Irving, TX too. They sent me the ceremony letter 5 days after my interview and tomorrow is the naturalization ceremony in Plano center! 🤩

30 minutes ago, PraiseGod said:

Hi Guys,

So i wanted to drop in and share my Journey to encourage someone who is still in line waiting. 

Filed N400 in March 24, 2023 (Filed under the five year rule, i filed online)

We scheduled you for a biometrics appointment    March 31, 2023

We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.    April 21, 2023

We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.    May 10, 2023

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.    June 15, 2023

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.    June 15, 2023

Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed    June 15, 2023

Oath Ceremony   June28, 2023

Today i became a US citizen and the journey has come to an end. I cannot be more thankful to God for a seamless journey. I wish everyone in waiting God's speed.

That’s amazing and congratulations on the really fast timeline. Please let us know which was your field office thank you.

On 6/15/2023 at 10:07 AM, allotherstaken said:

I'm getting nervous.

Field Office - NYC, Queens Borough.

Submitted March 3/16

Bio 4/4 

Still under review.
I've seen on this forum and trackitt folks with their bio 1 week after me, have got their interview notices around Jun 9-12th for end of July. 

This is making nervous if somethign is wrong with my application. Not sure being Indian makes a difference in N400 process. Not sure, if others have seen this happen with them.

Folks - wanted to update that I got my interview notice today in the mail. The interview is scheduled for Aug 8th. And it was scheduled on Jun 27. Interestingly, I didn't get any email or text from USCIS that action was taken on my case. But, was surprised when I opened the mailbox this morning. 

Also, Queens is a bit slower (like a few  than Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn .. 

good luck to the others.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone, I had my N400 interview experience at the Montgomery, AL FO yesterday at 2:45 PM, and I wanted to share my experience. I arrived at 2:30, went through security, and was checked in. They had me wait in the waiting room for a few minutes before the officer came and got me.

The interview itself was pretty straightforward and short. Civics questions, reading, writing comprehension. The officer told me at the beginning that they had been having "system issues" so I may or may not be able to receive same day oath, which I found surprising considering how late in the day my appointment was. Anyway, she printed out a sheet of paper saying "Congratulations, you've been recommended for approval," and sent me out to the waiting room.

20 mins later, another officer came by and had everyone follow him to another room for the oath ceremony. The security guard at the entrance collected our GCs, and we sat down and watched a couple of random videos on the monitor. Then we stood up, did the oath, and the officer then told us that only half of us would become naturalized today because the printer was messed up. They gave us back our GCs and I went up to ask when I could expect to be rescheduled for my ceremony, but all the officer would say is "we'll send you a letter." I'm worried now that my case is gonna go into USCIS purgatory and be forgotten about (since something "unusual" happened). Oh well, it wouldn't be USCIS if they didn't at least screw something up. 

Case status still says "interview was scheduled"

Edited by AF11

Timeline

My wife and I both passed our interviews today!

Some notes while it's still fresh

- traffic fines do count. Bring evidence of payment

- the number of times you've been married includes your current one - so when asked how many times your spouse has been married, it's 1 not 0 😅

- if you ever owe money to the IRS, even if you pay it immediately and has no payment plan they want to see evidence of payment. So bring the Account Transcript from the IRS for the latest year showing a balance of zero

Thanks @Mike Ed for suggesting bringing tax records! We didn't submit the account transcript initially, but my wife's interviewer was kind enough to let her give me a call so I can send it to her then she uploaded it. I had all the transcripts downloaded just in case but initially only submitted the Tax Return ones per IRS guidance.

Since we requested legal name change, we'll get our oath appointment later. Otherwise looks like they do ceremonies in the same building too (Chicago Field Office)

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

Hi there. I’m in Chicago Field. I filed my case on March 12. I got my biometric appointment on March 28. And to these days my case status still under review. I was kind of worried and tried to contact with anybody through live chat but I got reply that my case was processing normally and the earliest I can submit questions is July 7 2024 and don’t contact them before that date. And that they’ll notify me if they need any additional information.  I’m worried that my case is somehow got skipped or they forgot my case. Is anyone from Chicago field here in the same situation?

Dodoni

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Sardor89 said:

Hi there. I’m in Chicago Field. I filed my case on March 12. I got my biometric appointment on March 28. And to these days my case status still under review. I was kind of worried and tried to contact with anybody through live chat but I got reply that my case was processing normally and the earliest I can submit questions is July 7 2024 and don’t contact them before that date. And that they’ll notify me if they need any additional information.  I’m worried that my case is somehow got skipped or they forgot my case. Is anyone from Chicago field here in the same situation?

Dodoni

I understand your sentiment of feeling 'skipped' as my wife is in the same boat- except with the Los Angeles office.  She had her bio appointment on 3/28, and her case has been sitting in 'being actively reviewed' status ever since.   It's not a good feeling to watch LA office applicants with similar timelines already have their oath ceremony or folks with bio appointments a month after my wife's already have their interview scheduled.    There doesn't seem to be much we can do at the moment, except be patient and wait.  I'm so very grateful we've successfully reached last stages of this process, and can't wait for it to be over permanently...  

Timeline
On 6/23/2023 at 10:29 AM, lvesnal said:

Hey guys! Joining the group here. Thank you all for sharing the updates on your cases. 

My timeline: 

Submitted N-400 application under the 5-year residence rule: March 26, 2023. Seattle Field Office.

Biometrics Appointment: April 19, 2023. 

Case is being Actively Reviewed: April 19, 2023 to present. 

Almost all applicants who post in the Seattle thread received their interview notices in the order in which their N-400 applications were received. I almost feel like USCIS specifically missed me in line LOL I entered a Live Chat today and was transferred to an agent surprisingly fast only to being told "At this time you have not the application is in process." I have no idea what this might mean but definitely nothing promising. 

Thank you all for sharing your timelines and experiences! Hope all of our journeys to citizenship are smooth and fast. 

Ouch, so sorry to hear! We moved to the Chicago area from there, my initial dream was to get naturalized at the ceremony under the Space Needle

Hope your case gets unstuck soon!

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

Hi All

N400 applied: March 17

interview notice: July 18

interview date: Sept 6

field office: west palm beach 

best of luck all. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.