Nody

N-400 March 2023 filers

171 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everybody!

I started this thread for those who filed their N-400 applications in March.

I submitted mine on March 3rd and got the receipt number right away. Now waiting for the bio appointment.

Hope it goes fast and easy for each one of us.. 🙏🏻 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks for starting this thread! I looked for it yesterday early morning and couldn't find it. Was just thinking I'd start it myself!

My husband filed today 3/15. Fingers crossed for a speedy process 🤞

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning everyone.

I filed on 3/12 online and got the receipt notice immediately. No updates since. I got two emails, one the morning of 3/13 and another the morning of 3/14 stating that action had been taken on my case, but when I logged on everything looked exactly the same. Best of luck to all of us!

Timeline
4 hours ago, AF11 said:

Good morning everyone.

I filed on 3/12 online and got the receipt notice immediately. No updates since. I got two emails, one the morning of 3/13 and another the morning of 3/14 stating that action had been taken on my case, but when I logged on everything looked exactly the same. Best of luck to all of us!

Hey! 

That's interesting. I read the thread of the Feb. Filers and someone has got the interview appointment! 

Hopefully you will hear good news soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 3/16/2023 at 6:40 AM, AF11 said:

Good morning everyone.

I would recommend checking again. Same thing happened to us this morning, but it took a couple of hours before anything appeared, and even longer for the actual notice to appear in the documents section. Check now to see if you've gotten anything new.

We just received notification of biometrics being scheduled for April 7 🎉

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, toothpicks said:

I would recommend checking again. Same thing happened to us this morning, but it took a couple of hours before anything appeared, and even longer for the actual notice to appear in the documents section. Check now to see if you've gotten anything new.

We just received notification of biometrics being scheduled for April 7 🎉

Thank you for this suggestion. I just checked the status of my application this morning and saw that it had changed to “biometrics has been scheduled for April 3rd.” I do wonder if the email I received immediately after submitting my application had that much of a delay. 

8 hours ago, AF11 said:

Thank you for this suggestion. I just checked the status of my application this morning and saw that it had changed to “biometrics has been scheduled for April 3rd.” I do wonder if the email I received immediately after submitting my application had that much of a delay. 

Yes, the email notifications are delayed. For example, I had my interview on March 10 and received the oath ceremony letter in person immediately after the interview. I did not receive any email notifications until the next day.

May 25, 2004: Got married in Denmark
June 8, 2004: Received passport with new last name
June 11, 2004: Went to the U.S. embassy in Denmark to file the I-130 and DS-230 - approved on the spot
June 18, 2004: Received letter of appointment plus packet 4
August 5, 2004: Interview at U.S. embassy - APPROVED!!!
August 19, 2004: Went back to the U.S. with my husband
May 27, 2006: Filed I-751
July 25, 2006: I-751 approved!

March 13, 2016: Filed I-90 for Permanent Resident Card renewal

March 22, 2016: Received letter of appointment for biometrics appointment

April 8, 2016: Biometrics appointment

September 21, 2016: I-90 approved

December 27, 2022: Filed N400 for US citizenship

December 27, 2022: Biometrics reused

February 2, 2023: Interview notice received

March 10, 2023: N400 approved 

March 10, 2023: Oath ceremony notice provided right after interview 

March 24: Oath ceremony 

Hi everyone,

I filed N400 on March 19th and received the NOA pretty quickly (dated March 20th). I see a letter for Biometrics coming in the mail saying the appointment is April 10th.

I'm also an i751 filer, so hoping to combine the interviews 🤞 

Also hoping to change my last name through naturalisation, back to my maiden name (but still married), as professionally it's my preferred name. Hoping that doesn't go against my case.

Timeline

Hello everybody!

I just got an update on my case that the biometric appointment was scheduled and they sent the notice to my house.

Any idea how long it takes to receive it ?

I applied on 03/03

Have a great weekend!

8 minutes ago, Nody said:

Hello everybody!

I just got an update on my case that the biometric appointment was scheduled and they sent the notice to my house.

Any idea how long it takes to receive it ?

I applied on 03/03

Have a great weekend!

Applied on 3/18 and received my biometrics appt notice shortly after( 4 days or so) for April 11th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.