JayFromTexas

Processing Question re:IR/CR1/K3 Visa for Wife and Stepdaughter

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Are the petitions at the same USCIS office?

you won't get anywhere trying to call USCIS and ask for a I 129,  the CR2/IR2  needs its own I 129

U applied 3/13/23 and in all fairness this will still take time 

I changed my original reply as I wasn't sure about my comment regarding filing an I129f for the child. Everything I have read indicates that I only file the I129f for my spouse because the objective is not to get a K3 for her, but to accelerate her I130 approval. Likewise, I am not trying to get a K4 for my stepdaughter, just to accelerate her I130 approval.

Regarding my calling the USCIS, I won't be calling about the I129f, only about linking my wife's and stepdaughter's I130s.

Edited by JayFromTexas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, JayFromTexas said:

I wouldn't be calling about the 129f. I would be calling to link my wife's and stepdaughter's I130 applications. And according to the I129 instructions, you do NOT file a separate I129 for stepchildren.

what i am saying is the case is totally separate and best place people connect them is at NVC stage /they are not connected now

many a case has seen one go thru and get to NVC while the other lags behind

And read your receipt,  if its like mine (years ago so they could have changed the wording )  it says do not contact them /they will let u know if they need anything

But if u can actually get thru to an officer then i applaud u as this is the hard part /they don't usually take calls,  answer questions about a case or give out details /and that makes it so very frustrating 

Best to all of u

Timeline
Just now, JeanneAdil said:

what i am saying is the case is totally separate and best place people connect them is at NVC stage /they are not connected now

many a case has seen one go thru and get to NVC while the other lags behind

What if my wife's I130 reaches the NVC months before my daughter's? That is what I'm trying to avoid. I realize they are separate entities in the eyes of the USCIS, but others have posted that they were able to link 2 related apps. Maybe a waste of time, but it can't hurt to try.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 minutes ago, JayFromTexas said:

What if my wife's I130 reaches the NVC months before my daughter's? That is what I'm trying to avoid. I realize they are separate entities in the eyes of the USCIS, but others have posted that they were able to link 2 related apps. Maybe a waste of time, but it can't hurt to try.

i believe they link at NVC by not paying the 2 fees till the other gets there

To me it makes sense to do the 2 petitions together linking the background for both at same time 

but i talked to 1 lady who just retired from a immigration subcontractor and she said when its parent and child or 2 parents,  everything is done separate and the same backgrounds are double work  

I mean USCIS can link a petition for a LPR for spouse and children  /why not for a USC?  Guess its the double fees they go for

Edited by JeanneAdil

1 hour ago, JayFromTexas said:

I think 'usually' USCIS more or less links CR/IR-1 and CR/IR-2 cases 'most of the time'.  Though there are certainly many exceptions where they did not.  My wife and stepdaughters separate cases were approved almost simultaneously so it was clear they were adjudicated together.  I requested the cases be linked in the cover letter but I doubt that made much difference.  NVC clearly figured it out on their own too because CEAC correctly would not let me pay the AOS fee twice. 

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, top_secret said:

I think 'usually' USCIS more or less links CR/IR-1 and CR/IR-2 cases 'most of the time'.  Though there are certainly many exceptions where they did not.  My wife and stepdaughters separate cases were approved almost simultaneously so it was clear they were adjudicated together.  I requested the cases be linked in the cover letter but I doubt that made much difference.  NVC clearly figured it out on their own too because CEAC correctly would not let me pay the AOS fee twice. 

Thanks, top_secret. How did you get your I130 approved in 48 days? During covid?

1 hour ago, JayFromTexas said:

How did you get your I130 approved in 48 days? During covid?

It's easy really.  All you need is incredibly good luck.😉 We actually didn't do anything special and no tricks or special circumstances.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, JayFromTexas said:

Yes, I included a copy of the NOA receipt, although I only included the receipt for my wife's I130

Why why didn't you include the daughters receipt#. Your wife is K3 and child would be K4. But if they don't know about her petition, no it won't do nothing for your daughters petition. Now it's a wait and see what happens.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Why why didn't you include the daughters receipt#. Your wife is K3 and child would be K4. But if they don't know about her petition, no it won't do nothing for your daughters petition. Now it's a wait and see what happens.

Actually, you may have a point. We'll see what happens.

Edited by JayFromTexas

Timeline
1 minute ago, JayFromTexas said:

Actually, you may have a point. We'll see what happens.

To repeat, I am not seeking a non-immigrant visa (K3/K4) for either mother or daughter. The I129F is a strategy that several here have used to speed up processing of I130 apps. The I130 apps do reference the related petition. The mother's I130 lists the daughter's app as a related petition and vice versa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

I didn't even know there was a K3 forum! 😅

Me either, but then again, I didn't go look.  

See, that's why we're on VJ...to learn!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 3/15/2023 at 5:33 PM, top_secret said:

It's easy really.  All you need is incredibly good luck.😉 We actually didn't do anything special and no tricks or special circumstances.

@top_secret did you not switch from k1 to cr1/ir1? Or was that someone else?

I have seen cases where members had an approved k1 waiting for interview switch to a spousal visa and get approval fairly quickly... 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
33 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

@top_secret did you not switch from k1 to cr1/ir1? Or was that someone else?

I have seen cases where members had an approved k1 waiting for interview switch to a spousal visa and get approval fairly quickly... 

Nobody can "switch" from K1 to any spouse visa.  You simply start over with a new petition.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.