IandI100

My wife doesn't know if she passed her citizenship test.

397 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
25 minutes ago, IandI100 said:

So 20 years lol

4 years because the extension letter is 4 years.

11 hours ago, IandI100 said:

Wife's i751 status Still says "your case is being actively reviewed" what is the normal wait time from this stage? 

Take them to court. This is ridiculous. if they sent you an interview letter, they should be able to prove. it. by filing i-751 again you are wasting time and money. it will take another 2-3 years before they approve i-751 and than you have to wait n-400 approval.  no way you should be spending 3 years again for the process 

A judge will slap them on their face if they cant prove it..  

There is a very high possibility that judge will side with you. 

Edited by igoyougoduke

duh

10 hours ago, igoyougoduke said:

Take them to court. This is ridiculous. if they sent you an interview letter, they should be able to prove. it. by filing i-751 again you are wasting time and money. it will take another 2-3 years before they approve i-751 and than you have to wait n-400 approval.  no way you should be spending 3 years again for the process 

A judge will slap them on their face if they cant prove it..  

There is a very high possibility that judge will side with you. 

I don't remember all the details from this case but now that he has refiled the I-751 and it has been accepted, wouldn't be possible to already file N-400 since the spouse has been a LPR and also married for over three years? Could some of the more experienced members reply?

I don't think this is a court issue since the new filling is from February. The old process has been denied for missing an interview and only noticing after a long time, regardless if it's USCIS fault or not.

event.png

N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400

Apr 11, 2024 - Combo interview - approved N-400

May 1, 2024 - Approved ROC, received 10 GC on May 20.

May 7, 2024 - Oath scheduled for June 14 (requested later ceremony at interview)

June 14, 2024 - Special Flag Day Oath ceremony - I'm a citizen!!!

On 5/23/2023 at 8:08 AM, jackiegringa said:

I don't remember all the details from this case but now that he has refiled the I-751 and it has been accepted, wouldn't be possible to already file N-400 since the spouse has been a LPR and also married for over three years? Could some of the more experienced members reply?

I don't think this is a court issue since the new filling is from February. The old process has been denied for missing an interview and only noticing after a long time, regardless if it's USCIS fault or not.

I don't think a judge would rule against my wife either but it's better to be safe and just refile the i751.  Whenever someone reviews our case they can clearly see that residing here unlawfully wasn't the intent with filing an n400 and a second i751 including the multiple tier 2 status service requests on the previous i751.  Even the tier 2 officer looking at the old i751 said it wasn't denied.  We have a new i751 anyway.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
36 minutes ago, IandI100 said:

Is there any way to expedite the second i751??

On what basis?

4 hours ago, IandI100 said:

Still no update other than that the second i751 was recieved.

Is there any way to expedite the second i751??

Have you considered filing for citizenship? Depending where you live things could move faster than waiting until the I-751 is processed.

I am not 100% sure but it seems like your wife fulfills the requirements for N-400 now that a proper I-751 has been filed.

event.png

N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400

Apr 11, 2024 - Combo interview - approved N-400

May 1, 2024 - Approved ROC, received 10 GC on May 20.

May 7, 2024 - Oath scheduled for June 14 (requested later ceremony at interview)

June 14, 2024 - Special Flag Day Oath ceremony - I'm a citizen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.