24 posts in this topic

I've just had to reschedule my medical. Not the end of the world, but just a pain. Reason was my GP surgery still haven't sent the letter over, and when I've chased it they have the attitude of "we'll get it to you when we get it to you". I looked up the cancellation policy and they need 3 working days notice or they'll charge you £100. Meaning I'd have needed the letter by 3pm today latest, which isn't gonna happen! So I pushed it back a week and a half. Fingers crossed I get it by then and it all goes smoothly. I've not had my interview date yet so shouldn't be a problem, but going by everyone's estimations of interviews etc, I don't want my medical to be any later than mid-late Feb.

Also, just an FYI for anyone wanting to know about wait times for the medical - mine was originally for the 7th, I asked to push it back to the week after and asked what dates they have, the lady said "what date would you like?" so there doesn't seem like there's much wait at all, there were multiple appointment times available morning and evening for several dates. Lots of flexibility

7 minutes ago, hopeful0811 said:

I've just had to reschedule my medical. Not the end of the world, but just a pain. Reason was my GP surgery still haven't sent the letter over, and when I've chased it they have the attitude of "we'll get it to you when we get it to you". I looked up the cancellation policy and they need 3 working days notice or they'll charge you £100. Meaning I'd have needed the letter by 3pm today latest, which isn't gonna happen! So I pushed it back a week and a half. Fingers crossed I get it by then and it all goes smoothly. I've not had my interview date yet so shouldn't be a problem, but going by everyone's estimations of interviews etc, I don't want my medical to be any later than mid-late Feb.

Also, just an FYI for anyone wanting to know about wait times for the medical - mine was originally for the 7th, I asked to push it back to the week after and asked what dates they have, the lady said "what date would you like?" so there doesn't seem like there's much wait at all, there were multiple appointment times available morning and evening for several dates. Lots of flexibility

I had a similar nightmare, I threatened legal action against my GP in the end. If you make the request to your GP as a formal Subject Access Request, they have to provide it to you in a certain time frame. Just asking for it as normal means they can take their sweet time. I wouldn't recommend this though if you need letters from your Doctor, I don't have long or complex medical history so my summary report is like 2 pages

Edited by shefuk1
Update

1 minute ago, shefuk1 said:

I had a similar nightmare, I threatened legal action against my GP in the end. If you make the request to your GP as a formal Subject Access Request, they have to provide it to you in a certain time frame. Just asking for it as normal means they can take their sweet time. I wouldn't recommend this though if you need letters from your Doctor, I don't have long or complex medical history so my summary report is like 2 pages

Oh that's interesting. Yeah I have no medical issues or history really so my summary would be very small. How would I request it formally? And what time frame do they have to give it in if I request it that way? It might be something I'll have to consider if they don't do it by end of next week, as my appt is now on the 16th.

2 minutes ago, hopeful0811 said:

Oh that's interesting. Yeah I have no medical issues or history really so my summary would be very small. How would I request it formally? And what time frame do they have to give it in if I request it that way? It might be something I'll have to consider if they don't do it by end of next week, as my appt is now on the 16th.

You can find a good template here: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/your-right-to-get-copies-of-your-data/preparing-and-submitting-your-subject-access-request/

They have to reply and provide your requested info in max one month, but if you are formal, they may get to it quicker. Lets be honest, all they have to do is open our notes and click print, so there is no need for them to request for a time extension! I'd also provide a scan of your ID such as your driving license with the letter so they can start on it the day they recieve it.

Edited by shefuk1
Update

7 minutes ago, shefuk1 said:

You can find a good template here: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/your-right-to-get-copies-of-your-data/preparing-and-submitting-your-subject-access-request/

They have to reply and provide your requested info in max one month, but if you are formal, they may get to it quicker. Lets be honest, all they have to do is open our notes and click print, so there is no need for them to request for a time extension! I'd also provide a scan of your ID such as your driving license with the letter so they can start on it the day they recieve it.

Thank you so much. I had originally told them I needed it by 5pm tomorrow, so if I haven't received it by then, I'll go down this route. It's so unnecessarily stressful!

59 minutes ago, hopeful0811 said:

Thank you so much. I had originally told them I needed it by 5pm tomorrow, so if I haven't received it by then, I'll go down this route. It's so unnecessarily stressful!

Hi Guys, sorry to butt in but I had my medical last week and I had a nightmare with my GP too with this report. Please don’t stress yourself too much with this, I had a 33 page report which my Gp made such a fuss about and it went back to my birth and I’m in my 50’s😂.  They medical people do not want a long document, they just want a basic summary showing the medication that you are on and vaccines. This was literally a 3 page document that I printed off myself from my online portal with my GP. I’m not saying don’t take the full report, you definitely need to produce something, but if you can get a basic summary as well or print one off yourself then take that along and offer that up. I gave them my print off and mentioned to them that I also had a full summary. They said the info they needed was all there so the full report wasn’t needed. 
Also FYI you do not get told the results whilst you are there. They send off the blood,   Urine sample and chest X-ray to a lab. They say to allow 5 working days and if you don’t hear from them then all good. 

I've just had a text saying the letter is ready for collection. Bloody typical, I said to myself I bet once I've rescheduled it, they'll have it done hahaha. If I don't laugh I'll cry. But it's done, I'll collect it after work today, all is well again

I just called visa Medicals and they have plenty of appointments left from the 9th Feb onwards. I thought I’d get it over and done with as I’m 1) scared of needles 2) concerned about lack of interview letters.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The above were split from the London "appointments" thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 2/2/2023 at 1:30 PM, Icedgem said:

Hi Guys, sorry to butt in but I had my medical last week and I had a nightmare with my GP too with this report. Please don’t stress yourself too much with this, I had a 33 page report which my Gp made such a fuss about and it went back to my birth and I’m in my 50’s😂.  They medical people do not want a long document, they just want a basic summary showing the medication that you are on and vaccines. This was literally a 3 page document that I printed off myself from my online portal with my GP. I’m not saying don’t take the full report, you definitely need to produce something, but if you can get a basic summary as well or print one off yourself then take that along and offer that up. I gave them my print off and mentioned to them that I also had a full summary. They said the info they needed was all there so the full report wasn’t needed. 
Also FYI you do not get told the results whilst you are there. They send off the blood,   Urine sample and chest X-ray to a lab. They say to allow 5 working days and if you don’t hear from them then all good. 

thank you I’ve been given the gp summary report and was panicking I need the full report which I am struggling to get! 

18 minutes ago, bonkane said:

thank you I’ve been given the gp summary report and was panicking I need the full report which I am struggling to get! 

You should be fine with the basic summary. I was really panicking for my medical and interview and they were both so much easier and relaxed than I had imagined. I had way too much paperwork for both appointments 😂. I actually really enjoyed my interview, they were so lovely, I really felt like the immigrant applicants got special treatment. My passport and visa is scheduled for delivery by the courier tomorrow.  Good luck to you, you are almost there.

On 2/13/2023 at 12:29 PM, Icedgem said:

You should be fine with the basic summary. I was really panicking for my medical and interview and they were both so much easier and relaxed than I had imagined. I had way too much paperwork for both appointments 😂. I actually really enjoyed my interview, they were so lovely, I really felt like the immigrant applicants got special treatment. My passport and visa is scheduled for delivery by the courier tomorrow.  Good luck to you, you are almost there.

Congratulations! I am glad your medicals and interview went well. I hope you get your passport back tomorrow. Let us know how that goes!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 2/13/2023 at 6:29 PM, Icedgem said:

Wow thank you for the insight! Congratulations on the passport and completing the journey

I’ve got the medical booked finally! 

On 2/13/2023 at 6:29 PM, Icedgem said:

Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you! I had my medical yesterday and also went to the embassy whilst I was there just to try to figure out where I need to go for my interview. There's this little building called South Pavilion Consular services, looks like a glass building outside the main weird looking building. Is that the place we need to go for the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.