KJPeru

USCIS proposed price increase (Merged)

100 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Adventine said:

Reviving this 4 month old thread: any news on the final fee increases? I've been monitoring VJ and news sources but no confirmed official increase so far.

On boundless. com it says we should know by summer. 

Just saw the increase on naturalization is minimal but for AOS and ROC it is insane! 

They should have lower fees for those who must adjust and remove conditions if they went through a K1 -I propose it here as the official comments period is over 😜 -.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 11:25 AM, Adventine said:

Reviving this 4 month old thread: any news on the final fee increases? I've been monitoring VJ and news sources but no confirmed official increase so far.

I've read that summer is the earliest anticipated date for publication of the final rule. (Hopefully AOS will come down a bit in the final rule, but save those extra bananas just in case....) 

• 7 months later...

( AOS question )  I'm sure those who do know that, there will be an increase in fees. I spoke with someone today and they indicated that each document will have its own price come April 1st 2024

Have anyone heard of this because i called USCIS today twice, and they said that there will be just increases. my point is that. ( just being transparent) (I only would have to pay for my fiancee

and daughter's AOS and Bio for the mom.. not the child bio.. and pay for the child's AOS ) now USCIS also said that i won't have to pay for any EAD or Advance travel because I'm doing all 3 together

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They will no longer be included

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 2/1/2024 at 3:28 PM, Gary Rich said:

( AOS question )  I'm sure those who do know that, there will be an increase in fees. I spoke with someone today and they indicated that each document will have its own price come April 1st 2024

Have anyone heard of this because i called USCIS today twice, and they said that there will be just increases. my point is that. ( just being transparent) (I only would have to pay for my fiancee

and daughter's AOS and Bio for the mom.. not the child bio.. and pay for the child's AOS ) now USCIS also said that i won't have to pay for any EAD or Advance travel because I'm doing all 3 together

Straight from the USCIS Newsroom: https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/news-releases/uscis-issues-final-rule-to-adjust-certain-immigration-and-naturalization-fees

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 10:03 AM, Tellurous said:

The price increases will happen for applications postmarked on or after April 1.

1 minute ago, PeterMcS said:

The price increases will happen for applications postmarked on or after April 1.

From another site (not sure if I can link here): "Form I-485 will go up 18% for the standalone application (to $1,440). Two formerly free forms within the adjustment of status process (Employment Authorization Document and Advance Parole Travel Document), will now cost an additional $650 and $630, respectively."

Edited by PeterMcS
remove link

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
45 minutes ago, PeterMcS said:

From another site (not sure if I can link here): "Form I-485 will go up 18% for the standalone application (to $1,440). Two formerly free forms within the adjustment of status process (Employment Authorization Document and Advance Parole Travel Document), will now cost an additional $650 and $630, respectively."

A fee increase is one thing, it's expected. But to go from a free EAD and AP to have to pay over $600 each, that's huge. A massive change.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I do not think it used to be free, well included in the adjustment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.