Gaps0214

Pending I-751 Transferred to NBC After Passing N400 Interview

29 posts in this topic

Hello Fellow Journey Folks,

I just wanted to start a new thread on Pending I-751 Transferred to NBC After Passing N-400 Interview, so other people in the same situation can find this resource specific to a "pending I-751 but was interviewed for N-400 and passed the N-400 interview", and issued a Form-N-652 with check marks on:

a.) "you passed the English test and the US history and government test...."

b.) "congratulations, your application has been recommended for approval..." 

Please share your experience about:

1. Were you required to appear again for an interview at your local USCIS office to adjudicate the ROC?

2. How long did it take for NBC to come back to you from the time of notice that your I-751 was transferred to NBC?

3. If NBC waived an ROC interview, how long did it take them to return to you for the pending I-751 approval?

4. If NBC waived an ROC interview, how long did it take them to send you an oath taking ceremony?

Timeline/Info:

July 2021 - Filed I-751 by mail, paper application

July 2022 - Filed N-400 Online

November 2022 - N-400 Interview

December 2022 - I-751 NOA File transferred to NBC "in order to speed up processing", case receipt number unchanged from previous processing center Nebraska

Local Office: Tukwila, WA

Would appreciate your input.

Cheers 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I saw a similar story on Facebook.  Looks like they messed up again. Normally when you have a pending ROC, they first adjudicate that by interviewing you and your spouse then they will interview you alone for the N400. 

Unless the ROC is approved,  they will not schedule the oath. Hopefully they waive your ROC interview.  

1 minute ago, Free Man said:

I saw a similar story on Facebook.  Looks like they messed up again. Normally when you have a pending ROC, they first adjudicate that by interviewing you and your spouse then they will interview you alone for the N400. 

Unless the ROC is approved,  they will not schedule the oath. Hopefully they waive your ROC interview.  

Its hard to make tails and ends of it nowadays.

Ive seen the other pending I-751 transferred to NBC threads and there are many explanations about why it happens, what I have not seen is a good explanation why USCIS processes allow for the N-400 to be processed ahead of an I-751 approval.

thanks for writing in.

cheers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

It is common for USCIS to transfer an ROC case to NBC just after filing an n400. They move ROC cases to NBC to set up an interview at the local field office, the NBC acts a clearing house and cues up i751 cases going to the local field office for an interview holding then until local office has an opening to adjudicate the ROC case. Looks like your case did not go through that process so it did not make it to the field office for a combo i751/n400.  

Your ROC case is likely on its way to your local USCIS field office that handled your n400 case. You may be called in for an ROC interview, or the field office may wave your interview approving both cases.

Sorry for the delay in your case looks like you will need to wait until the NBC/local field office deals with your ROC case.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

8 hours ago, da95826 said:

It is common for USCIS to transfer an ROC case to NBC just after filing an n400. They move ROC cases to NBC to set up an interview at the local field office, the NBC acts a clearing house and cues up i751 cases going to the local field office for an interview holding then until local office has an opening to adjudicate the ROC case. Looks like your case did not go through that process so it did not make it to the field office for a combo i751/n400.  

Your ROC case is likely on its way to your local USCIS field office that handled your n400 case. You may be called in for an ROC interview, or the field office may wave your interview approving both cases.

Sorry for the delay in your case looks like you will need to wait until the NBC/local field office deals with your ROC case.

8 hours ago, da95826 said:

thank you very much for this, I truly appreciate this forum, immigration is not for the faint of heart 😊

the varying degrees of process can be dizzying

happy holidays if you celebrate

cheers

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
19 hours ago, Gaps0214 said:

Its hard to make tails and ends of it nowadays.

Ive seen the other pending I-751 transferred to NBC threads and there are many explanations about why it happens, what I have not seen is a good explanation why USCIS processes allow for the N-400 to be processed ahead of an I-751 approval.

thanks for writing in.

cheers.

Because that way they can get the N400 out of the way. Why waiting if they have the means to adjucate it now? Sure it's not completely done but the biggest part of the workload is squared away and not hanging over their heads anymore.

Would it be smart to make it a combo interview? Yes absolutely but with so many components involved it might be better for USCIS to do it that way especially since most ROC cases get approved.

Edited by Letspaintcookies

On 12/24/2022 at 5:39 PM, Letspaintcookies said:

Because that way they can get the N400 out of the way. Why waiting if they have the means to adjucate it now? Sure it's not completely done but the biggest part of the workload is squared away and not hanging over their heads anymore.

Would it be smart to make it a combo interview? Yes absolutely but with so many components involved it might be better for USCIS to do it that way especially since most ROC cases get approved.

Thank you for this response, I appreciate it.

I am curious though that going through the USCIS Case Processing Times (https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/), if you selected I-751 in the drop-down menu, and then went to the field office/service center drop down menu, you won't find National Benefits Center.

Thanks again for sharing. 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

Thank you for this response, I appreciate it.

I am curious though that going through the USCIS Case Processing Times (https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/), if you selected I-751 in the drop-down menu, and then went to the field office/service center drop down menu, you won't find National Benefits Center.

Thanks again for sharing. 

If your ROC case is at NBC you have to check for your local field office processing times since usually ROC cases at NBC will have an interview.

6 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

If your ROC case is at NBC you have to check for your local field office processing times since usually ROC cases at NBC will have an interview.

Thanks for your response.

We are not shy about another interview to settle the I-751, we can only say bring it on (as soon as they can organize it 😊) and if you have any idea as well, what are the prospects of getting our N-400 (which we already passed) finally approved during the potential I-751 interview? 

We appreciate you.

Cheers,

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

Thanks for your response.

We are not shy about another interview to settle the I-751, we can only say bring it on (as soon as they can organize it 😊) and if you have any idea as well, what are the prospects of getting our N-400 (which we already passed) finally approved during the potential I-751 interview? 

We appreciate you.

Cheers,

Since you had an AOS interview you might get the ROC interview waved. NBC will eventually forward your file to your local office and hopefully they'll just approved it without interview and instantly approve the N400 too. Would have been great if that would have happened before the N400 interview cause thats why it was transferred from your original location to make a combo interview happen 🙄

Hello July 2021 Filers,

Updating the thread that we have now been issued a USCIS Form N-4405 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony for January 2023.

This would be a few days over 18 months to the day from the filing of I-751 Removal of Conditions via Lockbox and assigned to LIN Nebraska for processing. 

This would be a few days over 6 months to the day from the filing of N-400 Application for Naturalization via Online and processed in Seattle, WA. 

You can see more details in my timeline.

The journey is almost over and we are very grateful and appreciate all of you in this forum for keeping us company along the way. 

Happiest new year to everyone,

G&A😊

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 2:10 AM, da95826 said:

My i751 was transferred to NBC and my n400 is at NBC now. Does it mean NBC is actually slowing down my n400 application? 

Edited by Tomalley

6 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

My i751 was transferred to NBC and my n400 is at NBC now. Does it mean NBC is actually slowing down my n400 application? 

My I-751 was moved to NBC on December 12.

My I-751 was approved by NBC on January 3.

Thats about 3 weeks in between, and 53 days after passing my N-400 interview.

If your papers transferred to NBC prior to your N-400 interview, it's reasonable to expect that your are lined up for a combo interview at your N-400. 

So there's no reason to suspect that the NBC transfer is slowing down your N-400. 

Cheers, 😊

2 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

My I-751 was moved to NBC on December 12.

My I-751 was approved by NBC on January 3.

Thats about 3 weeks in between, and 53 days after passing my N-400 interview.

If your papers transferred to NBC prior to your N-400 interview, it's reasonable to expect that your are lined up for a combo interview at your N-400. 

So there's no reason to suspect that the NBC transfer is slowing down your N-400. 

Cheers, 😊

Hi, thanks for your response! My i751 was transferred to NBC in September 2022 and till now, nothing happened. I was told by USCIS agent that i751 in NBC processing time is 32 months. My n400 is in NBC now waiting too. That is why I am concerned that i751 is slowing down my n400. People who have applied n400 later than me already got their interview. It is so frustrating. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.