Sanda2022

Religious letter

53 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Thank you for the overwhelming responses - I appreciate you all! My case is that we have to meet with a chaperon, but my chaperon can’t travel for medical reasons.  I have very good evidence of that and they came back with and asked for religious leader letter - that is what I need help with - does anyone have a template or an example of that?

They also asked for evidence of our TRADITIONAL wedding ceremony.  I have send so many plans from traditional clothes / to design we picked out for wedding invite.  Yet it was not enough - so I am asking for help from you guys on what else to include for this? I have sent so much, but it still does not seem like it was sufficient :( 

Although this is a very difficult process, and it seems like our fate is at the individual who will be reviewing it. I will keep my faith strong and take my shot.  I have waited long enough what difference Will it make Waiting a few more months to get  an official answer. 

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Use another Chaperone.

I agree , there is no reason you cannot get another chaperone.

This waiver will likely not be granted. 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You can get another chaperone. 

I can tell you right now that there is a 99.9% chance that your waiver will fail. I am very well versed in Islam their practices, rules, culture and on and on and on and on. They will tell you to find another chaperone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Cathi said:

You can get another chaperone. 

I can tell you right now that there is a 99.9% chance that your waiver will fail. I am very well versed in Islam their practices, rules, culture and on and on and on and on. They will tell you to find another chaperone.

Lets say the improbable happened, the Consulate will not play ball so what is the point?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Sanda2022 said:

My case is that we have to meet with a chaperon, but my chaperon can’t travel for medical reasons.

So any letter from a religious leader that you can provide will only say that a chaperone is required. You chose to not find a different chaperone; there's no way that there is only one approved chaperone. 

Forget about trying to get this waiver for the meeting requirement; your case is very, very weak. Get married and file for a spousal visa.

On 12/12/2022 at 5:42 PM, Sanda2022 said:

Hello All,

Thank you for the overwhelming responses - I appreciate you all! My case is that we have to meet with a chaperon, but my chaperon can’t travel for medical reasons.  I have very good evidence of that and they came back with and asked for religious leader letter - that is what I need help with - does anyone have a template or an example of that?

They also asked for evidence of our TRADITIONAL wedding ceremony.  I have send so many plans from traditional clothes / to design we picked out for wedding invite.  Yet it was not enough - so I am asking for help from you guys on what else to include for this? I have sent so much, but it still does not seem like it was sufficient :( 

Although this is a very difficult process, and it seems like our fate is at the individual who will be reviewing it. I will keep my faith strong and take my shot.  I have waited long enough what difference Will it make Waiting a few more months to get  an official answer. 

I don’t think you understand the K-1 process very well at all.  Best to do a bit of research and try to become educated about it if you want the visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 12/12/2022 at 8:42 PM, Sanda2022 said:

Hello All,

Personally this sounds like you are making excuses to not comply with the requirements of this process. There is not "only one" Chaperon that you could use, and so this chaperon not being able to travel due to medical reasons isn't really a very good reason to get a waiver. Let me also say that personally I think you might want to reconsider marrying someone you have never even met. There is a HUGE difference between having an online romance, verses having an real life romance. 

I met my fiancée for the first time when I traveled to Cuba for a cultural experience 6+ years ago. This meeting ended up turning into a friendship that lasted the next 5 years. During Covid we realized that the friendship was something more, however in 2021 there was absolutely NO flights from the Americas to Cuba. The only flights that were reliably going to Cuba was this one flight from Madrid to Havana. I considered filing i-129f and asking for a waiver because there was no flights to Cuba due to Covid.... However instead of that I flew from New York, to Madrid Spain, I spent a couple days there and then flew from Madrid to Havana, where I spent a month with my fiancée and then flew home traveling from Havana->Spain->France->Iceland->NY. We then filed for i-129f upon my return. I have since traveled back to spend time with my future wife 10 times since we filed in Oct 2021. This time has been great at continuing to build the foundation we needed to make our marriage last for our lifetime. My only complaint is I wish USCIS would have some mechanism in place where beneficiaries from countries that typically can't get tourist visa's (Cuba for example) are able to get some sort of fiancée tourist visa such that her and I could spend even more time together.  I am saying this because of the ridiculously long processing times, and the US government shouldn't be keeping families divided for so long simply because they can't adequately process applications. 

Anyways, I wrote all this so hopefully you can see you need to stop making excuses and find a way to actually meet your partner. Yes you can find a chaperon in your partners country. Yes you will have to pay money to travel there and pay for this chaperon's time. But this is only money and we are talking about one of the more important things in your life. If you are going to marry someone, you absolutely need to do everything you can to get to know this person in real life. I am glad I traveled half way around the world twice to see my fiancée, and I am incredibly gratefully I have got to see her 10 more times since then. It wasn't until the 6th trip or so that my relationship went from unrealistic honeymoon phase, to a real relationship where we can see each others flaws and understand no one is perfect but want to build a life together. As much fun as the honeymoon phase was, Im so grateful that my relationship is in reality now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.