Steve & Erma

Non-Covid Vaccines

16 posts in this topic

Reading through --> USCIS Immigration Vaccination Requirements it lists 8 different vaccines, but when you look at the I-693 it has more on there. If I go to https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/ link from the same instructions and answer the questions I just get MMR, TDap and the flu vaccines are needed.

I know she has to have documentation to show she got certain vaccines but what are all the vaccines that my wife will need before she is allowed to come here on her visa once we get it? I would like to get this taken care of now and make sure she is all set so we don't have to worry about it later.

So who do I follow? The requirements page here, the I-693, or the CDC?

Texas Service Center
Consulate: Manila
Marriage: 09/14/2022

I-130 Sent: 09/29/2022
I-130 NOA1: 10/14/2022 
I-129F Sent: 10/10/2022, REC 10/20/2022
I-129F NOA1: 10/25/2022

I-130 NOA2: 8/31/23

No need to take care of that now.. on the medical stage with SLEC (St Lukes), they will administer required vaccines appropriate for age.  it is better if coming from them than an unverified source of vaccine.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

The I-693 lists a ton but that's because it's a one fits all form. The flu vaccine for example is not needed if her medical takes place outside the flu season. Many others depend on age. She'll just bring her vaccination records to the exam and the physician will go from there.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Letspaintcookies said:

The I-693 lists a ton but that's because it's a one fits all form. The flu vaccine for example is not needed if her medical takes place outside the flu season. Many others depend on age. She'll just bring her vaccination records to the exam and the physician will go from there.

Correct, or no vaccination records if that's the case.  This is not an issue to worry about, EVER.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

So what happens if she cannot find her vaccination records?

Texas Service Center

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Steve & Erma said:

So what happens if she cannot find her vaccination records?

If she knows that she's up to date on her vaccinations then there's the option to get a titer test done prior to the exam. Then she would only need to get vaccinations where her body doesn't show antibodies. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

They will vaccinate her at the medical. 

Depending on the country, it might be cheeper to get the vaccines re-done before the medical.  Or you can get Titer Tests done to see if you have the antibodies.

13 minutes ago, hunny&me said:

In Philippines, we DO NOT have official vaccine records.  (Some parents now keep one with their physician).  On medical day at SLEC, if one brought in records of vaccination - SLEC will NEED to verify the records to be able to record it themselves on the US form they submit.   This will delay release of medical.  Some of the vaccines are already expired (after 10 years) and one needs a booster.   So, in order to prevent those, I suggest not getting the vaccines listed on I-693 just for the purpose of immigration.  Let SLEC do it for you - you pay the same amount with SLEC should you need just 1 or 5 vaccines.  Even if she will undergo sputum for TB test, it is also included in the SLEC payment.  

It is even safer - if for example one is to get TDap outside.. then they lost the record OR the record was unverified/not accepted by SLEC.  The only option is for SLEC to administer it again, of course person have to accept the risk of reaction - or SLEC will say, we cannot complete your medical at this time as required vaccines are not verified/administered and patient is not willing to receive administered vaccines.

My example, my husband got the flu shot from our community public service.   Then our NVC got DQd right away, expedited, so on medical, we chose for hubby to get the flu vaccine again (he got 5 vaccines, age 40+).

Yes this is all correct.  I know some are chiming in from other countries, but St Lukes has their own process they follow.

To the OP, dont worry about this process as it will be handled for you by St Lukes.  The only thing you may want to get is a copy of the vaccination record that St Lukes does, if they will give you one.  We found that to be helpful later on.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

15 hours ago, Steve & Erma said:

Reading through --> USCIS Immigration Vaccination Requirements it lists 8 different vaccines, but when you look at the I-693 it has more on there. If I go to https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/ link from the same instructions and answer the questions I just get MMR, TDap and the flu vaccines are needed.

I know she has to have documentation to show she got certain vaccines but what are all the vaccines that my wife will need before she is allowed to come here on her visa once we get it? I would like to get this taken care of now and make sure she is all set so we don't have to worry about it later.

So who do I follow? The requirements page here, the I-693, or the CDC?

Not to worry. Any required vaccines that my husband hadn’t already gotten were administered to him by the doctor at his appointment. I worried like crazy over this and it turned out to be super simple and a non issue. :)

5 hours ago, hunny&me said:

In Philippines, we DO NOT have official vaccine records.  (Some parents now keep one with their physician).  On medical day at SLEC, if one brought in records of vaccination - SLEC will NEED to verify the records to be able to record it themselves on the US form they submit.   This will delay release of medical.  Some of the vaccines are already expired (after 10 years) and one needs a booster.   So, in order to prevent those, I suggest not getting the vaccines listed on I-693 just for the purpose of immigration.  Let SLEC do it for you - you pay the same amount with SLEC should you need just 1 or 5 vaccines.  Even if she will undergo sputum for TB test, it is also included in the SLEC payment.  

It is even safer - if for example one is to get TDap outside.. then they lost the record OR the record was unverified/not accepted by SLEC.  The only option is for SLEC to administer it again, of course person have to accept the risk of reaction - or SLEC will say, we cannot complete your medical at this time as required vaccines are not verified/administered and patient is not willing to receive administered vaccines.

My example, my husband got the flu shot from our community public service.   Then our NVC got DQd right away, expedited, so on medical, we chose for hubby to get the flu vaccine again (he got 5 vaccines, age 40+).

@hunny&me So if she shows up with no records of vaccinations will they do this Titer Test to confirm what she has or hasn't gotten or just administer the MMR, TDap and whatever else a 35 year old needs to have? Should we get a Titer test?

Edited by Steve & Erma

Texas Service Center

9 minutes ago, Steve & Erma said:

@hunny&me So if she shows up with no records of vaccinations will they do this Titer Test to confirm what she has or hasn't gotten or just administer the MMR, TDap and whatever else a 35 year old needs to have?

No Titer test.  Most probably a Filipino's recollection of vaccines were done at young age (more than 10 years) - which is common in Philippines.  SLEC will do proper US immigration medical requirement and administer age appropriate vaccines.  You do not have to think about this at all!  SLEC is expert and the only approved medical immigration in Philippines.  Medical doctors/nurses/staff will guide the person all the way.  

Patient will also be given the printed vaccines report for personal copy (and used here in US, if needed).  Usually, they ask the patient/beneficiary to come back for pickup after the US immigration interview, as they are in the same area.

Edited by hunny&me

22 hours ago, Steve & Erma said:

I know she has to have documentation to show she got certain vaccines but what are all the vaccines that my wife will need before she is allowed to come here on her visa once we get it?

The only vaccine she needs to get before her medical is that for COVID.  She must complete the 2 shots of COVID vaccine (or 1 shot if she gets the Janssen brand) at least 14 days prior to her visa medical.  All the other required vaccines she can get at SLEC Manila for no extra charge.  As mentioned above, don't bother getting the other vaccines elsewhere and don't bother getting a titer test.

1 minute ago, Chancy said:

The only vaccine she needs to get before her medical is that for COVID.  She must complete the 2 shots of COVID vaccine (or 1 shot if she gets the Janssen brand) at least 14 days prior to her visa medical.  All the other required vaccines she can get at SLEC Manila for no extra charge.  As mentioned above, don't bother getting the other vaccines elsewhere and don't bother getting a titer test.

She has her COVID shots and a booster so we are good there.

Thank you all for help on this one. One less thing I need to think about.

Texas Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.